“Brilliant breakfast, cosy comfort, cheerful chat!”

Trevilla Guesthouse
and 1 more site!
Trevilla Guesthouse
Ranked #43 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had a lovely week at Trevilla, and the owners, Ailsa and John, really made it special as they're so friendly and helpful. The guesthouse is in a perfect spot for all the amenities and beaches of Newquay, and looks attractive with a beautiful display of flowers in the front, and 2 benches to sit on and enjoy the sunshine. For once I actually got the kind of accommodation I like, a real single room with single bed, washbasin, TV and teamaking, and a big cupboard for all my stuff. There was a roomy bathroom and extra toilet nearby which other people hardly used, so there was no waiting about. The breakfast was absolutely huge and kept me going all day, which I needed for my 6 hour coastal hikes! Cereal with fresh strawberries, raspberries, grapes and blueberries, then a delicious and well-cooked full English breakfast, as much toast as you wanted, and large pots of yogurt. What more could you possibly need? Another blessing was the big ceiling fan in my room, ideal in the heatwave. just the job!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank smallspender

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Could not fault this B & B. Room very nice. B & B 2 mins from centre ...........was a litte concered about the sliding bathroom door....but limited space, so was not a problem. Nothing about this B & B was cheap. We had room 6 ,attic and it was lovely.....very hot because of the weather, so Landlady went out and bought a fan for our room. Immaculately clean. Breakfast was cereal, full english, although I asked for boiled eggs on one day and beans on toast another and it was provided. Also fresh fruit, yoghurts, fruit juice and toast. Very friendly and helpful. Ironing board, ironand hairdryer. And Newquay is lovely , so 1st chance we are back down there!!!!!!! AND will be booking the Trevilla :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We got quite a good deal to stay at this guest house, which is located in the centre of Newquay. The owner (and the other lady who served breakfast) were friendly.

The room was fine, albeit a little outdated! I wasn't so keen on the sliding shower room door, which was made of a very flimsy material, was not possible to lock, and had slight holes in when closed. I appreciate it was a difficult place to fit a door, but a stronger material would have been better.

I should mention that I believe (from reading previous reviews) that the guest house has very limited parking, perhaps for one car only. It wasn't available to me, but I was easily able to find free street parking on a street behind. I wasn't visiting Newquay at peak season though.

Breakfast was fine, and fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries etc) were available. The owner and other lady make an effort to chat to the guests at breakfast time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

Such a lovely little b&b the breakfast was outstanding and the lanlady was very warm and welcoming as well as her lil westie Sam. Ifelt comfortable there with my friends and was kept well suplied with biscuits and coffee. I slept soundly in my room which is rare being so close to a busy town centre. There was even a parking space made available f9r me which I didn't expect as space is extreemly limited. I ho0e to stay again next year

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Matthew C
Reviewed 13 June 2013

The rooms were clean and comfortable and the hosts were lovely. But the best part was the cooked breakfast. Second to none and I have had loads, service excellent and food even better. When staying away I don't normally get up early but the breakfeast was to good to miss.

You cannot beat this place for value for money. And Newquay is fantastic.

Russell & donna

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lynchford
Reviewed 26 August 2012 via mobile

Great location in Newquay.
Warm welcome Elisa and John are the perfect hosts very friendly, great place to stay with children.
Very clean fresh bed linen and towels.
Room very clean.

Tasty breakfasts lots if choice.
Cereal,toast,fresh fruit and full cooked English.

Would return when next in Newquay.
Thanks for having us.
Thanks
Gem,Chris and the children

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Willoughby1980
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The staff was friendly and the room was neat and quiet. Walkingdistance to town. The room was quite small but with all the facilities you need. We will remember the friendly staff that even put the heating on for us ( It was a rather cold summer ).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family