Trevilla Guesthouse
and 1 more site!
Trevilla Guesthouse
Ranked #42 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I decided this summer I would take my first solo trip away to a place I love, must admit I was very nervous in staying in a B&B for the first time on my own. Ailsa & John changed that, they made you feel welcome as soon as you walk through the door, the breakfast fills you up especially if you are like me and like a good coastal walk! Now I have have returned back to them three times this summer, stayed in three different rooms and all have been clean and tidy and the beds are very comfortable in all that I stayed in. If you are new to location ask Ailsa or John both knowledgable of the area. Will I be returning in the new year- definitely it's my home from home stay!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

Not only was the location perfect for everything we needed to do in Newquay but the accommodation was fantastic, lovely rooms, quiet, pleasant guests that would chat to you and amazing hospitality. The customer care we got from Ailsa (if that's how you spell it) and John was so warming we felt like part of the family. Always smiling and spent time chatting with us giving useful tips with their great local knowledge and taking a genuine interest in us. The breakfast was pretty tasty too and a great opportunity to sit and chat with them about the hot spots in the area and recommendations as well as stories and experiences. We have stayed in several places in Newquay and some experiences have been quite interesting but Trevilla guest house ticked so many boxes for me. I personally would class it as 4 star with regards to quality and service, unlike similar priced surf lodges locally where you suffer the brunt of noisy inappropriate behavior. and poor service. I will certainly be coming back here again!!!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 21 August 2013

we stayed here for 2 nights and it was great ... warm and friendly welcome by the hosts, decor up to date, beds really comfy although for a family of 4 not much storage space for clothes etc.
B&B 2 mins away from the beach and city centre.
Thinking of going back next year for a week x

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Warm and friendly welcome, great breakfast, close to towns facilities, bed so comfy i wanted to take it home, clean and cosy, thanks Ailsa and john for a great holiday. Service was great, helpful advice on things to do, places to go and directions etc.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I had a lovely week at Trevilla, and the owners, Ailsa and John, really made it special as they're so friendly and helpful. The guesthouse is in a perfect spot for all the amenities and beaches of Newquay, and looks attractive with a beautiful display of flowers in the front, and 2 benches to sit on and enjoy the sunshine. For once I actually got the kind of accommodation I like, a real single room with single bed, washbasin, TV and teamaking, and a big cupboard for all my stuff. There was a roomy bathroom and extra toilet nearby which other people hardly used, so there was no waiting about. The breakfast was absolutely huge and kept me going all day, which I needed for my 6 hour coastal hikes! Cereal with fresh strawberries, raspberries, grapes and blueberries, then a delicious and well-cooked full English breakfast, as much toast as you wanted, and large pots of yogurt. What more could you possibly need? Another blessing was the big ceiling fan in my room, ideal in the heatwave. just the job!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank smallspender
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Could not fault this B & B. Room very nice. B & B 2 mins from centre ...........was a litte concered about the sliding bathroom door....but limited space, so was not a problem. Nothing about this B & B was cheap. We had room 6 ,attic and it was lovely.....very hot because of the weather, so Landlady went out and bought a fan for our room. Immaculately clean. Breakfast was cereal, full english, although I asked for boiled eggs on one day and beans on toast another and it was provided. Also fresh fruit, yoghurts, fruit juice and toast. Very friendly and helpful. Ironing board, ironand hairdryer. And Newquay is lovely , so 1st chance we are back down there!!!!!!! AND will be booking the Trevilla :)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

We got quite a good deal to stay at this guest house, which is located in the centre of Newquay. The owner (and the other lady who served breakfast) were friendly.

The room was fine, albeit a little outdated! I wasn't so keen on the sliding shower room door, which was made of a very flimsy material, was not possible to lock, and had slight holes in when closed. I appreciate it was a difficult place to fit a door, but a stronger material would have been better.

I should mention that I believe (from reading previous reviews) that the guest house has very limited parking, perhaps for one car only. It wasn't available to me, but I was easily able to find free street parking on a street behind. I wasn't visiting Newquay at peak season though.

Breakfast was fine, and fresh fruit (strawberries, raspberries, blackberries etc) were available. The owner and other lady make an effort to chat to the guests at breakfast time.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business