“Great value, ideal for a bargain holiday.”
Review of AbreakAway

AbreakAway
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I found this place because it was just round the corner from the B&B I stayed in last time, and I was intrigued by the word "spacepods" after the website address by the entrance. I'm so glad I checked it out! Great location close to shops and beaches, and although they accommodate stag and hen do's etc., my whole week was quiet and peaceful. I had a good-sized room all to myself with a double and single bunk, full-sized fridge, speedy microwave, table and chair, big wardrobe, roomy bathroom with powerful hot shower, and a nice TV, only criticism being that it was so high up that I had to lie flat on the bed to avoid a crick in the neck while watching. There was a kettle, mug and teaspoon provided, so a good tip if you fancy self-catering is to bring along your plastic plates and bowls, microwave cookpots/boxes, cutlery etc., as I did. My best meals were pasta with a spicy veg sauce, and Malaysian laksa, (very hot soup with noodles), though I also enjoyed Aldi's macaroni cheese and meatballs! If you don't want to cook, there are restaurants everywhere in Newquay, and down in the lobby there are vending machines for drinks and snacks. The owners, PJ and Vanessa, are lovely people, so friendly and keen to make the guests happy. And all this for just £20 a night in September, and it's not much more even in high season. I was so much happier in my spacepod than in a B&B!

Room Tip: If you're on your own, room 4 is just the job. It even has a friendly palmtree just outside whi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for AbreakAway

Reviewed 7 September 2013

i came with my girlfriend and pj and vanessa were very friendly and the acomadation was really nice and well looked after. they had a relaxed atmosphere which made the stay a lot more enjoyable because you felt you didnt have to worry to much about beiong back at the the plac for a certain time. would defently recomend to anyone staying in newquay as its a good price and not far from the beach. would defenitly go back again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I came with a group of friends for a long weekend away in Newquay. Abreakaway was exactly the sort of place we were looking for. It was reasonably priced, close to the centre of town and the owners were relaxed about people going on nights out.
The room was clean and didn't feel too cramped with 4 people in there. The bathroom was also nice.
I would definitely recommend this to any group looking for a relaxed place to go do a bit of surfing and a couple of nights out.
I personally wouldn't take my family there as I believe the place is more suitable for groups of 18-30s/40s than a family spot. The other people in the hotel seemed to be stag dos and people doing the same as us.
Also, if you're coming down as a group and bringing a few cars you might struggle to find parking outside the hotel as there's only really 4 places before people start getting blocked in.

Great place, would definitely go again.

(Also, the owners were absolutely lovely.)

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2013

The accommodation was lovely, clean and spacious. The owners were outgoing, gave us great directions to the local beaches and good shops. The room had a TV with free view and a microwave and a fridge and also a safe. The location of the lodge was 5 minutes away from the town centre and 5 minutes away from the beach, the location was perfect.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Space Pods were the perfect place to stay with our budget! My trip to Newquay was made successful by the welcoming atmosphere that PJ and Vanessa provided. The room was clean and just the right size for all 6 of us! The no curfew rule meant we had complete independence but we also knew we had the support from PJ and Vanessa if necessary. The beach and the town was literally a 2 minute walk away the apartment which was brilliant! I recommend this place to anyone, especially those wanting to celebrate the end of their GCSE's.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Emma R
Reviewed 2 July 2013

We visited AbreakAway for rugby tour and although I had nothing to do with the selection of the hotel, I was very impressed with the accommodation. The location was within easy walking distance of anywhere we needed to go, there was free parking on the streets nearby, the rooms were comfortable and ideal for what we needed. The staff were incredibly helpful and did everything possible to help us out and cater to our needs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2013

After searching online for accommodation around Newquay, I found AbreakAway was one of the best ones out there, and it definitely lived up to my expectations. The man who met us, PJ, was really friendly and made us feel really relaxed and at ease, which is what you want on a holiday. Also, the shower was lovely, and the location was brilliant - 2 minutes from town and the beach! I'd definitely recommend to anyone wanting to stay in Newquay on a budget, and I will be sure to visit again!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends