“Just as good for couples”
Review of Rosecliston Park

Rosecliston Park
Reviewed 15 July 2013

Don't be put off by the 'young groups' mentioned o the site. We have been a couple of times and had a great time. Good pitch, staff & great clubhouse. So you get a few late returners a little worse for wear....so what...the staff soon shut them up and we found it quite a giggle actually and it far out weighs the positives of the site. I am returning soon with my daughter as its the best place to camp near Newquay as far as we are concerned whether goups, couples or a couple of adults

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 September 2012

Went to Newquay on the August Bank holiday and satyed at Rose Cliston. It happened to be the worst weekend for weather. The staff there were so sweet and really nice. We popped out one day to visit St Ives, and when we came back we were flagged down by the manager explaining our tent had blown away.... But him and his team had caught it and re pegged for us and made sure all our belongings were safe.

Great place to stay if you are young and are up for fun. Great atmosphere.

Room Tip: Well its tent.... make sure you have a waterproof one!!
Reviewed 12 September 2012

My boyfriend and I have stayed here for two years in a row and both times we've been really pleased. The staff are great, really helpful and welcoming. On the day that we were leaving it was chucking it down with rain and one of the guys (Adrian, I think?!) working that day helped us take our tent down and told us that he would put it away for us so we could go enjoy the rest of our day. We would have been there for hours otherwise, how they fit those tents into bags the size of pencil cases I still don't know!
On the first visit we were bothered that we would be around crazy teens like on an 18-30's holiday but the campsite is so good in the way that they separate different groups, and each time we've stayed we've been situated next to couples. Last but not least, the mini bus driver Nigel is fantastic! And the guy that served us tea every morning was pretty funny to!
If any of the staff read this - Thank you for making our holiday!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 August 2012

I can’t help but think of the potential this site has. This is my third year at this site and the only reason I return is because of the staff, and the fact that they run a regular bus service to Newquay from the morning until 4am. The service obviously houses the one and only driver Nigel, who is a total star. The site would benefit majorly from a few simple little things like soap in the toilets, hooks next to the sinks to hang towels on, as well as a mop and bucket next to the showers so that you could give them a quick clean either before or after showering. Toilet paper holders that don’t dispense toilet paper all over the floor every time you try to grab one piece, would also help to keep the place a little tidier. The central toilet block didn’t even have any hot water, I mean like you turn on the hot water tap and no water comes out. They also have a massive bar which is totally under used. There are sofas and tables, along with a variety of pool tables but regarding entertainment that is about it. With funky morals on the walls, and maybe a couple of fancy dress themed nights, this could be the funky fun venue to start any a night out in Newquay. I have also heard some pretty talented guitarists playing on site in the past, so a talent night would definitely be worth thinking about. I can honestly say I have never had any trouble getting the good behaviour deposit back, but my pitch is always left spotless. I would love to be able to say that I will be back next year but feel that unless improvements are made maybe it’s time to find a new site.

2  Thank Claire C
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The title says it all
DONT GO THAT ABOUT IT!!!!!!

Showers and Toilets shocking
They put us next to what sounded like the M1 motorway into Newquay, never slept for 3 nights

THE STAFF ARE WANDERING ROUND CONSTANTLY TRYING TO FIND ANY EXCUSE NOT TO GIVE YOU YOUR £20 EACH GOOD BEHAVIOUR DEPOSIT BACK (IM 41 YEARS OLD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO!!!!!)

The only good point was the mini bus into town great, the drivers were fantastic

Definately wont be going back!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hstubbs
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I stayed at Rosecliston during board masters week 2012 And was really happy with the time I spent there. We had a big pitch for our tent and had a space saved for us next to our friends when we arrived. Staff offered help with putting our tent up and made us feel welcome, the showers were very clean considering the amount of people that use them every day and I noticed the toilets and showers were cleaned about 10 times a day. The shop stayed open until 4:00am on Friday a Saturday which was great if we wanted to go out and then buy things later we could also charge pur phones overnight which was great, there is a swimming pool and a bar so you don't really have to go out of the Campsite if you don't want to as there are facilities there for nights out and in. Staff were all friendly and didn't nag us about cleaning our pitch constantly like on other campsites, the only rules were that on week nights loud music should be off by twelve midnight and when we packed up our tent, everything should be cleaned up such as cigarette butts.there is a shuttle that takes people into town throughout the day and night which is great for people who can't drive or who want to have a drink. We have camped at Rosecliston for two years in a row now on board masters week and will definitely be coming back next year. Overall we have had a brilliant stay.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 7 August 2012

I read a fair amount of bad reviews about this place prior to going, so was a little pesemistic about the whole thing, but i hadn't organised it so couldn't change the plans - which turned out to be a good thing as it was an amazing holiday!
I went with 8 guys on a man-holiday full of witty banter and chauvanism and it was pure jokes from start to finish. The staff were friendly and helpful, there no hidden fees like so many people seem to have complained about! Any money/deposits that had to be paid were made clear to us before arriving, and the value for money was top notch! 2 miles out of Newquay centre meant that we had to get the on-site minibus service, which was £1.60 each way up untill 4am! With an AMAZING driver who had us all in stitches every time, Nigel, the best minibus driver ever!
The on-site shop was good, reasonably priced and sold pretty much most things you could need, apart from booze, which we drank alot of! Morrisons is only a 3 minute drive down the road.
I personally didn't go in the pool as i didn't get time but from what i could see it looked very nice and clean and quite big.
You're allowed to BBQ as long as you dont burn the grass, and you're allowed to play music etc, but after around 11ish the noise around the campsite in general quitens down, which is handy if you go to bed earlier than others.

We had a fantasic stay at Rose Cliston and are going going back next year as it's a tradition for our group to go camping every year, so we shall probably be using Rose Clistion for years to come! Highly recommend it. IF you're the socialable type then it's a wicked good place to meet new groups of people.

Over and Out.