“Friendly, welcoming and no decronian rules.”
Review of Rosecliston Park

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Rosecliston Park
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Unfortunately I was not there for long but I found the experience very enjoyable and will go again. Basicly the way camp sites used to be. Great for Groups of young people, Families and those who want to have a good time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank richard t

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

If you're looking for a quiet or family camping experience then stay away. This site is for groups and no frills camping.
I went with a couple of friends and stayed in a motor home, we arrived at 11pm and found the staff very friendly and they kept the bar open for us so we could have a couple of beers. One of our group dropped out last minute and they didn't charge us which I thought was great.
The on site facilities are very basic but it was exactly what we were after. There's a taxi service running until 3am and cost a couple of quid each....ideal.
If I was visiting Newquay with a group I would definitely stay here again as I've experienced the other 'group' campsite in Newquay and that was like a 24 hour hen/stag party!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank MJCOL
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at rose cliston in august during the boardmasters festival. The site was perfect for us as its only two miles to newquay centre. We had the choice of this and smugglers which I have heard numerous bad things about. Had a bit of trouble booking the place as we booked for myself and partner i a camper van and another 8 people in tents. We were told that electric was fine for us and we would all be pitched together. However when my partner rang again just to confirm things they said it would be a problem and just made everything feel a big hassle to them. On arrival some members of staff seemed quite pushy and were very particular about how and where we pitched (we were all together and had electric in the end). It all seemed a bit serious but now I see that they need to be to keep a campsite aimed at groups undercontrol which it was!
The site has a convenient small shop witch sells quick take away food. The shop sells cheap supermarket food at massive prices though so beware.
The bar was good to have but it was empty....
Now the worst part.
The toilet block was absolutely awful at all times. For 2 whole days the sink in the men's was filled with sick! They stank and were never cleaned and there was rarely toilet paper.
The shower block was also very dirty. Mud and grass everywhere and in the cubicles there were empty beer cans haha. There is really no point going to this site unless you are group camping in my opinion as there are plenty of sites near by that far exceed this.
However for a good time with mates and if you don't mind roughing it a little bit in the toilets and showers then the site is overall a relaxed, convinient and good value for money campsite.
I will be back for boardmasters next year

Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

August 2013 . Sons stag weekend . Group of 14 . What a blast . Good site with no negatives . Excelent pitch and good facilities . Shop and clubhouse good . Staff friendly and efficient . Mini bus a definate bonus . Yeah it has rules but no issues with any of them and 20p for 3 mins in shower is very doable . Wouldn't bring the other half or the kids as its aimed more at groups but wouldn't hesitate using it again . Well done Rosecliston as its a good en .

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Stayed in August 2013. On arrival felt it was very efficient because staff were expecting us (a mixed group of young 20 year olds). Based on what I read on here I felt that this could pose as a problem but felt that the issues mentioned (rudeness, hostility ect) never showed up in the staff as they seemed welcoming and open. We were showed our pitch and everything around the site and I personally felt that if I had any questions I could ask them without hesitating. When pitching one of our tents tho a pole had broken and so some of us went to the shop on site to see if it was replaceable. The guy was very helpful and we were able to get a new one with no problems. Over the course of our stay we used the shop and the guy was extremely helpful and friendly, especially when it rained and one of tents leaked. The campsite was excellent when this happened offering us tents on loan for free!! Until we found a new one that was suitable. The bus driver as well always so happy couldn't do enough for you, and never once grumbled even when asked if he could pick me up from the docks in Newquay! Couldn't have asked for better service very helpful and friendly the whole time, even when big events like boardmasters was on. It could have been a nightmare then but we arrived the day it finished and only had that one night of drunk happy people on site (this was to be expected tho as your only young once!) Not sure what I was worrying about! Would defiantly go back and would really recommend it to young people in large mixed groups.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

All the staff on this campsite was so friendly and helpful. This is the second year I have come back and have enjoyed it both times. The taxi service on site as well is very good! Nigel the driver deserves a medal! The only downside to this campsite was the showers which you have to pay 20p for 3 minutes. But overlooking that I would come here everytime I visit Newquay. Me and the girls have already said we plan to come back same time next year!
Thanks Rosecliston!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Harrixo93
Reviewed 20 July 2013

We have camped at Rosecliston for a few years now and love it! The staff are extremely friendly and the atmosphere at the park is very laid back and relaxed. The shuttle bus is really cheap and will take you into Newquay at any time during the day (and till late at night!) The shop is very useful and you can get drinks and food on site which is great. The campsite is kept very tidy and there are a few facilities blocks which are always clean.
We have had many great holidays and surfing trips based at Rosecliston and look forward to coming again soon :-)

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends