“2nd stay at Beaches - Great place to stay”
Review of Beaches at Newquay

Beaches at Newquay
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Beaches at Newquay
Ranked #54 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 July 2011

Another great stay at Beaches with excellent and friendly service from Kim. Very relaxed, smart, clean, welcoming, great breakfast and close to the beach. From wine on arrival to, to restuarant recommendations, table bookings and arranging taxis. We couldn't have asked for more. Very reasonably priced too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 20 July 2011

My partner and I stayed in this wonderful little B&B for a two night break last weekend. It is spotlessly clean; tastefully decorated, homely, and has everything you could possibly need including free wifi. Kim and Dave are the most hospitable hosts we have ever had the pleasure of meeting, they pampered us from the moment we got there - starting with a glass of wine on our arrival to the fabulous breakfast before we left. (Kim is an amazing cook her ‘Full Cornish’ is the best I have ever tasted.) Throughout our stay nothing was too much trouble.

Now I will admit that we are VERY picky, but we could find nothing wrong at all!!! The only thing I felt that was missing was my comfortable slippers to wear as we went down to breakfast. (The Beaches felt like home from home – but much cleaner and tidier!!)

This is the first review I have ever written on Trip Advisor but I really feel the need to recommend this lovely B&B to everyone... I really feel that my words cannot describe just how wonderful this place is!

Thank you Kim and Dave, we’ll certainly be back to stay with you every time we return to Cornwall.

Reviewed 12 July 2011

This is my third year back to Beaches and it never disappoints, in fact I was more excitied about going to Beaches than when I went to Gran Canaria. Kim's hospatality is second to none and she always has a drink ready on our arrival whether that is alcholic or a soft drink.
Beaches is far better than all hotels I've ever stayed in and would not stay anywhere else in Newquay. I go down for the surfing and Kim dries my wet suit for me.
Kim works really hard in accommodating everyone at breakfast (which are large and delish). Everything Kim does, she does with a passion and is a fab host. I'm having to book earlier and earlier each year as the word spreads about the high standard Kim keeps and improves year on year.
We had a wonderful indulgent meal at the Boathouse that Kim booked for us, she knows the good places to eat in Newquay and is more than happy to book somewhere for you to eat.
Looking forward to my next stay, maybe even sooner than next year.
100% recommended

Reviewed 11 July 2011

We had a wonderful two night stay at Beaches. I had high expectations having read all the other reviews and we were not disappointed! On arrival we had a cup of tea and a chat with Kim the owner before being shown to our room which was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and very well equiped. On Kims recommendation we ate at Lewinnick Lodge that night, she had booked us a table and it was in a prime spot with a wonderful sea view - the food, service and view were all amazing. Breakfast the next morning was freshly cooked and very filling - you wont need much lunch! That night we ate at 15 which was a real treat and I would throughly recommend - the food and the sunset were both very memorable. Before going out that night we had a drink with Kim who opened a bottle of fizz to celebrate her birthday the day before - which was a really lovely way to start the evening. We had a wonderful weekend in this lovely B&B, Kim is so welcoming and its clear that she takes a huge amount of pride running Beaches and making sure that everyone who walks through the door enjoys their stay. We will definately be back :-)

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Kim runs a superb B&B. Not only is she very welcoming, but breakfast is fantastic. Rooms are spotless and very well appointed. Our 2nd trip and we'll be back.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 24 June 2011

at the Beaches @ Newquay B & B. Kim is a delight! What a great time we had thanks to our hostess with the instant smile. Kim pampered us with kindness and made us laugh with her terrific sense of humour.
Lovely accommodation located close to the beach. A breathtaking cliffside walk is just a short walk up the street.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 May 2011

I had planned to propose to my girlfriend over Easter when we would be staying in Newquay as the location held some sentimental value, but I didn't want to give the game away by booking some outrageously expensive hotel for the one night we'd be there. I actually left it to Jo to book something and she picked Beaches because it looked nice and was reasonably priced.

From the moment we got there, we were made to feel part of the family. Kim insisted that we come and share a drink with her before we went off to our dinner booking. We were really impressed with the room and we went on our way out for the arvo. Everything went to plan and Jo said yes and given our families are from the Southern Hemisphere, the first person to find out about our engagement was Kim, over the previously organised wine. Once Kim saw the ring she insisted we put down the wine and she managed to dig out some bubbles. An hour of good chats and plenty of drink followed.

We were greeted in the morning with an excellent breakfast and the warm hospitality that we had become used to the night before.

I've stayed in many B&Bs before and many have been very good, but none comes close to the experience we had at Beaches. On a day that both Jo and I will remember for the rest of our lives, the accommodation we had certainly won't be lost in the background.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple