“book somewhere else”
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
Ranked #18 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 7 May 2011

Returned 6th May after a visit to the Marina Hotel.The hotel is very,very tired,very,very dated and not very clean. The staff were friendly in the restaurant and the food was quite good for that type of break.
The bedroom was cold,full of damp,smelt,bedding was old,bath towels were thin and small,hot water was only available when the central heating came on, so if you were up early, cold shower!!!!.The bathroom had no heating in,bathroom window would not close properly, very draughty.Plenty of damp in the bathroom with lots of black mould in places.

The furniture in the lounge was dirty,has grease marks on the back of the chairs where peoples heads would rest.,The hotel had no lift , fine for me but the people who were older or infirmed, struggled!!
In the evening great if you like bingo. The entertainment , well what can I say!!!!

When I passed my comments on to the management on my departure, the manager said that they had regular meetings , and it is nice to hear the good feedback on the restaurant staff.I would be embarrassed to have put my name to the hotel.He did not comment on the condition of the hotel.

Other people in our party , did have better bedrooms and I think enjoyed their stay , even though they did agree the hotel was very tired.

Would I go again, no, I would rather stick pins im my eyes!!!! Hope this review helps

• Stayed: May 2011
5  Thank lgh26

Reviewed 5 April 2011

I travelled on a National Holidays 4 day break with my friend. We were a bit younger than the rest of the passengers.45-55. Most of passengers were 65-85.
The coach driver Rob kept us amused all the way there with his witty banter.It was a long journey, 9 hours but it was broken up with 3 stop breaks.
On arrival at the hotel , which is right on the seafront with fantastic views, we were greeted by the manager and everyone given their room keys and free bar passes very quickly. Our room was upstairs and for £1 there was a boy to take bags up to rooms if you couldnt manage. Our room num 42 was lovely and big, very warm and a big warm onsuite bathroom with a bath as well as a shower. Different choice of food on menu every night, with starter main and pudding, all served very quickly from friendly staff. Breakfast was choice of cereal and juice, fruit and a cooked breakfast and toast, which really set you up for the day. Free bar from 7.30 -10.30with wide selection of drinks. Bingo, quiz and caberet every night, some artists were better than others but all good.Two other lounges overlooking sea if you didnt want to watch the entertainment. Saturday we had a trip to falmouth which was included and Sunday an optional trip to Parr market for £5.
During our stay we found the staff and coach drivers to be very frienly and helpfull.We would definatley go again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank leedslass1965
Reviewed 28 February 2011

Just got back from National 4 day all- inclusive holiday staying at the Marina. Fantastic hotel for the price. Lovely room, super meals, brilliant staff and sensational price for the trip. Bset National Holiday we have been on. Cannot recommend it enough. Many thanks to all concerned.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank louisblues
Reviewed 15 February 2011

The first impression was of warmth. The heating was on throughout our stay. The choices and quality of the food was excellent . We had a sea view from our room which was on the 2nd floor.Stairs only difficult when carrying luggage as no lift. A special must go to Kristina our lovely waitress.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JUDITH080
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Stayed at The Marina Hotel on a 5day National coach trip on 17th January. It was a long journey of over 11 hours but time passed ok as we had a good coach driver,Phil who told us stories along the way & tried to make the journey as comfortable as possible for us. When first entering the hotel bedroom it did look very dark due to the energy saving lightbulbs (but it did light up after they'd been on a while) & the bathroom looked as if it could do with updating (although it was clean & the maid service from Trish was excellent).
The meals were nice with a good choice each night and Martin(the Restaurant Manager who was our waiter) was friendly & kept us laughing with his banter with us at each meal time. We had a free 3 hour bar each night and got drinks without any problems or large queues & there was bingo every night along with some very good entertainment from singer/compere Simon Cain and a different cabaret act each night.
Jason,the Manager & his staff were very friendly and did everything to make our stay enjoyable so if you're thinking about going to Newquay and can stand the long coach journey, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011
5  Thank benijan
Reviewed 18 January 2011

we travelled with national coach hoildays. from the begining of the trip the service was excellent. the coach driver gave lots of information about the town, and the local trips whch were arranged for the four days away. he then explained about our hotel. on arrival to our hotel we were welcomed by the manamger Jason who was very welcoming as all his staff were also. the room was sea facing it was clean and comfortable, a little worn paper, but for the excellent price of the holiday. the meals were hot and plenty of a good variety on the daily menu. there was a free three hour bar each evening while we watched excellent entertainment from simon kane, harry, and caroline. i honestly cannot make any comments that i didnt like other than the long journey, however this was my choice and i will be doing this trip any please go its a great hoilday for eveyone.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank walter000
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Was really looking forward to staying at this hotet, especially after reading so many good reviews about it. I was on a 4 day break with National Holidays.
My single room was ok but bathroom so tiny, I could hardly get in near the sink. I couldnt bend down in the shower either ( and I'am not a big person ). The room my elderly parents where put in, the lighting was so poor and only a tiny trickell of water from the cold tap over the sink. Simple things, that should of been checked before we arrived.
The food was ok, nothing to write home about.
The service and the staff were excellent though.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family