“Great Hotel”
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
Ranked #24 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We stayed at the Marina on a National Holidays break. The room was comfortable and spacious, (although the TV was a little on the small side!!). The Staff were excellent throughout our 5 day stay and the entertainment was good. The restaurant gave a good choice at both breakfast and dinner, I initially thought portions were quite small but in retrospect I consider the portions were adequate, well presented and good quality.
The only down side to our stay was that as smokers, my wife and I found it uncomfortable standing outside in the howling wind and rain at the end of November to participate in vital nicotine intake! I realise that this is not a Hotel problem but I felt it worth mentioning!
Generally, excellent hotel, brilliant staff, warm, comfortable room, good food. What more could one ask for? Definitely go again!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
7  Thank Martyn A
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thanks for your comments with regards your stay with us here at the Marina Hotel, I am very pleased that you found the hotel and staff so enjoyable. I am especially pleased you found the menus well presented and of good quality I will certainly pass on your comments to the chef and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Marina Hotel

Reviewed 15 November 2011

On arrival first impressions average but then comes the welcome and service which from the maids right through to management was first class - stupendous. Had single room which was small but had full size bathroom with toilet sink and shower over a bath and heated towel rail. Paid extra for sea view which was well worth it. Meals, as with all Bay Hotels, were very good and well and speedily served. Good choice menu. The free bar was excellent. If there were more than 3 in queue another barperson arrived! I never saw more than 4 at the bar at any time.anytime! Entertainment was average although the last night was better. Only 5 mins into town centre bus station and free with concessionary pass. All in all I would go back there anytime - I've always wanted to go to Cornwall and I wasn't disappointed and I had the added bonus of a first class hotel Thanks to all and I will see you soon !

Room Tip: Pay the extra for sea view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
10  Thank Stephen L

Thank you very much for your lovely comments on the hotel I am so pleased that you found the staff to be so welcoming and helpful I will certainly pass your comments on. As you say we are in a fantastic location to explore this beautiful part of the country and we will look forward to seeing you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2011

we went on a coach trip with national it took 11 hours to get there as we had to meet another coach at woodall services we were stuck there 2 and a half hours . then on our return we had a blow out on a tyre so we were stuck at woodall services 2 hours again making it 11 hours back aswel .but our break was certainly spoilt by the waiter we had , he was taking our plates away before we had finished he was rushing that much that he knocked over a full glass of water all over my dress . i was soaked . the hotel itself is old and rundown and the entertainment was rubbish . the food was below average , the only good things were the free bar and the company we met . this is one we wont be doing again .

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Lynn P

Thank you for taking the time to comment on the hotel, I am really sorry that you found a member of our staff to be unhelpful, we try to deliver a high level of service at the Hotel and I can only apologise that on this occasion it was not satisfactory for you. I agree that one of the enjoyable parts is the free bar and the company you meet on holiday.

Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed here as part of National Holiday for long weekend, fully inclusive.
I agree with other comments, hotel is looking tired, but the fabulous sea view, and great entertainment, made up for that.
Staff very helpful,and it was certainly good value, would stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank EDWINA F

I agree with you 100% the views from the hotel are one of the most stunning in Newquay you never get tired of it. It was lovely to hear that you found us great value for money and I look forward to hopefully seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 October 2011

stayed here as part of a National Holiday package .Hotel a bit tired looking but clean. Staff were very good and the food was great.The all inclusive idea is great as it included a free 3 hour bar.We had a sea view room and the view was brilliant. Entertainment every night was good .We would stay there again and would recommend this trip to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 32 has a beautiful sea view and as there is no lift choose a first floor room .
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
9  Thank lyndablyth
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2011

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us I would totally agree with you that the sea view is brilliant the views across Tolcarne Beach are amazing. Our chef has been with us for a number of years and gets positive comments on the food prepared. Thanks for your comments and we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Hotel was as people have stated, tired, basic, old fashioned, but clean, friendly, comfy.
It is a 2 star hotel, and this is reflected in the standard of food, its ok but you get what you paid for, even though the waiters do their best, the food is basic, breakfast, no hash browns ,fried bread,black pudding, mushrooms, etc as in other hotels, poor coffee,just poor standard, small portions.
The evening meals, once again small portions,poor standard, but edible!!
Our room was clean, but basic, small shower, heating not regulated.Tiny portable t.v., (was it from a boot sale) or charity shop? Wood chip on the wall paper!!
Entertainment was ok, all inc bar, ok, spirits usual house brand standard, although the lager was good!
Still , we only paid £119 each with National Hols, so cant grumble really!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank AlandJoe
Reviewed 6 October 2011

long jurney with national coaches. all inclusive is an exerlent idea. as prev. mentioned hotel a little tired but clean. room good food great and we liked the idea of having the same table all week. entertainment every night excerlent. staff very pleasent and helpful.we boarded the coach at sunderland and only wish the hotel was nearer home we would book this trip again and again. only one complaint nation take you to wonderful places to see, however 3 hours is a long time to spend in one place when it is tipping down with rain. this is the only thing we could find wrong with this trip.would recommend this trip and hotel to any one. thanks again for a good holiday

Room Tip: all room seemed to be fine
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
8  Thank margaret227059

Its wonderful that you enjoyed your recent holiday with us at the Hotel and I am pleased that everything was to your satisfaction during your stay. It is always nice to receive feedback for us to act upon and the fact that you would recommend us to friends is great.