“National holiday all inclusive.”
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
Ranked #21 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Went on a five day break to this hotel with National Holidays, end of Jan to begining of
March 2012. Our room was on the top floor and no lift this proved a bit of a problem for my mum who has health problems, the room we were allocated was covered in damp really badly, I asked the manager at reception who changed our room without hesitation, the room we were given was much improved, apparently this floor hasnt been renovated like the rest, never seen anyone elses room so really wouldnt know there. Food was ok, breakfasts were the best, trips really good, all inclusive bar, entertainment not upto much,but on that note everyones taste in entertainment is different, just not to my liking, for the price you cannot complain really, value for money, you get what you pay for, and with national thats a real good price, well done National Holidays, would recommend them to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank Pauline3562
jasonhunt71, General Manager at Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Thanks for your comments on your trip with us, I am happy that it was possible to change your room for you on arrival we always prefer for any issues with rooms to be passed onto us quickly in order we can do this. As you say with the entertainment everybodys tastes are different so we try to provide a variety to suit as many different people as possible. I am really glad you found us such good value for money so hopefully you will travel with us again as we have many different holidays on offer.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

My self ,my mother and friend had a super weekend break .Hotel is in a good location on the flat and suitable for my 80 year old mother whose birthday it was .Rooms were a little tired but adequate.staff very helpful and food good too.Entertainment was varied .On Friday we had a nice male singer which was just the job after our long trip ,saturday brilliant funny comedian phil lately and clean jokes too ! Got everybody involved .Sunday was a bubbly lady Caroline.Trips out were well organised and enjoyable. A long way to travel for a weekend but well worth it .You do get what you pay for and this was excellent value for money with free bar included.Would go again

Room Tip: Sea view rooms are worth it
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank janet g

Was nice to receive such lovely compliments thanks for taking the time to comment, as you say it is a long way to travel for a weekend, we do provide 7 night breaks during the summer which are always popular. I agree with you on our entertainment we get great feedback from our guests who mostly enjoy the acts we have. Hopefully we shall see you back at the Marina sometime in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

just got back from of our little jolly with national holidays, long drive but its great when you do get there at the Marina Hotel Newquay,
Arrived at the hotel around 5.45 at night long way from hull.
tea was larer that night was later then it should have been because of the time, once settled and washed and changed went down for dinner was allicated to a table and that was your table for the stay,
Looking at the menu we had lots of choice had a glass of wine for free with your meal loveley,
food was good and plenty of it.
The entertainment was good quiz bingo and then a singer come comedian, we had a free three hour bar,
The day after the driver took the party around newquay and then we went to foulmouth and truero which was nice.
Sunday we had a free day and spent it on the beach watching the surfers and children playing.
The hotel is a little tired but the staff are great and friendly will go back enjoyed the full weekend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
11  Thank susie456

Thanks for your great comments on the hotel, I am sure you will agree we are in a fantastic position for touring Cornwall, Falmouth and Truro are always popular places to visit with our guests and are not too far away. The entertainment is varied and we try to provide something for everyone, the young, the old and the young at heart! I will pass on your comments to staff, thanks again for your feedback.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

we had a great time staff were exelent food was good

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank martyn c

I am really pleased you had a nice time with us here at the Marina Hotel and that you found the staff and food excellent

Reviewed 20 February 2012

My self & two children stayed at this hotel Feb half term holidays.
Rooms were in need of refruishment but due to the turn over the hotel is unable to do the refurbishments.
Staff are extremely helpful service second to none.
Entertainment on an evening excellent.
Overall I would recommend this hotel for young & old.

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank slinkydi2004

Thanks for your comments with regards your visit to us here in Cornwall, I really enjoy getting feedback from our guests it helps us to ensure we provide what our visitors want. Our entertainment is varied and as you said is suitable for all ages, I will pass on your comments to our staff and hopefully we will see you down with us again, during the summer holiday we do a 7 night tour.

Reviewed 17 February 2012

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at the Marina hotel with National Holidays. It really was a lovely stay, the staff are so, so friendly and welcoming we felt that they were almost like family. The entertainment was first class, the all inclusive deal was excellent value for money. The meals were varied with a 4 main selection, starter and dessert course. The portions were ample and enjoyable. The room was cleaned with fresh towels daily. Yes the hotel is currently being refurbished and was tired in some areas, but hey for the price. It was very clean, with a very comfy bed although very warm in the hotel, we really didn't need all the warm clothing that we had brought. We would definately stay there again anytime. Hello to Stacey our lovely waitress who was just fab.Thankyou for a super stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank eileen24

I am really pleased you had such a lovely time with us at the Marina Hotel, as you say there is a real family feel to the hotel and we pride ourselves on the welcome and atmosphere we provide. I agree with you that the meals are varied and our chefs always enjoy getting great feedback from our guests. I will pass on your comments to Stacey and to all the staff here at the Hotel and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 February 2012

Stayed here when visiting our son in Newquay. First impressions were not the best - tired hotel but then - what a view from our room! Shame we didn't have time to sit and admire the sea front more. Excellent service from all the staff - couldn't do enough for us. Good food nicely served, comfortable bed (and I am the worst sleeper - very picky!) nice bar with great bar staff, no complaints. Don't know how they do it at this price. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the sea view (although it is on quite a busy road in the day time and the spotligh...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JJRose

I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us I totally agree that the view from the front overlooking Tolcarne Beach is wonderful, I think we have one of the best outlooks in Newquay. Also was great to receive you comments on the service provided I will certainly pass your remarks on to our staff. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.