Bay Marina Hotel
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$179
US$174
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$140
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$96
Priceline
US$253
US$247
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnational holidaysno liftnational coachsea viewon arrivaldriver steveoverlooking tolcarne beachst ivesa ground floor roommeal timessingle roomroom numberevening entertainmentlick of paintfirst floorshower cubiclelong journey
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Just got back with National Holidays Friday to Monday great value with 4 drinks per person per night.The food and room along with the entertainment was spot on.We upgraded to a sea view room which was perfect.There Is no lift so If you have trouble with stairs get In early with the sea view.If you are bringing say an elderly person along with you and they don't want to walk Into Newquay the 1st floor sea view would be perfect.TV on,looking out to sea tea & coffee replenished sit back watch the youngsters surfing.Enjoy.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank ChrisTfur
Jason H, General Manager at Bay Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent visit with us and in particular your comments on the sea view rooms as you stated it an excellent place to just sit and relax taking in the wonderful views.

We look forward to seeing you again at some future time.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

Me and my elderly mum enjoyed our stay at this good value hotel. Its opposite the beach. The main shops are only a 5 minute walk away. We asked for a sea view and got one. Our room was spotless clean, although there was some dampness and paint peeling off the walls near the bay windows. We wanted a bath but there was only a shower and the bathroom was quite tiny. The rest of the hotel was attractive and spacious.The entertainment was very good. Breakfasts were occasionally served quite cold, although the staff were friendly and quick in serving you. The food was excellent for most of the time. We went on holiday during Winter and our room was always kept very warm The only disappointment was that there is no lift. It was good value for what we paid.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sea view. We didn't have to pay any extra.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Marilyn R

Thanks for your positive review, I was pleased that you found the hotel to be good value for money and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the entertainment team and to the staff at our next meeting.

As you stated the sea view rooms do offer fantastic views across Tolcarne Beach, hopefully we will see you return to the hotel at some future point.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

Allocated room 2 on the ground floor.If they try to put you in this room,refuse it.It has so many faults it totally spoilt my 3- night stay.The 2 wooden window surrounds were rotten & black with damp& condensation.The cold wind easily finding its way in.Tiny green sink had large cracks in.The plug was seperate from its chain.The sink did not retain the water.This room faced the most derelict- looking building which was only about 3 metres away.The net curtains were half- mast,why? Old 14 inch Beko tv with only 5 channels.No text or subtitles.I had to wash my hands after everytime i held the remote control.Very cramped in sink area.The large kettle& tiny sink meant i had to use a cup to fill the kettle.I reckon the single bed was about 20 years old.The main light often buzzed loudly.Their was a hairdrier in the room.Hotel on 2 levels but no lift.I'd like to know when was the last time the carpet was washed.The restaurant looked out to the sea but it was bare& cold.All the meals were very nice& all the staff were very pleasant at all times.The bar area was ok,the evening entertainment was poor.This hotel is central to Newquay town centre& on the seafront.I did not complain about my room during my stay because if they had a better room why did they put me in this 1 ? This is a Bay hotel,used by Shearings& National Holidays.I will be writing to N.H to complain strongly& i have photos to highlight just how bad my room was.I will never return to this hotel.The 2 stars i have given to this hotel are for the lovely food&efficient service only.

Room Tip: Seaview rooms available.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kenny S
Jason H, General Manager at Bay Marina Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at the Marina Hotel, we do receive a high level of positive comments about all aspects of the hotel, however even comments that highlight issues with accommodation are encouraged.

These enable us to where possible make improvements to the fabric of the building. I have looked at the points you raised and have taken them on board to be resolved.

We did at the time you were staying have other rooms available that you would have been most welcome to view, unfortunately as these issues were not raised during your stay we were unable to offer you an alternative.

Once again thanks for taking the time to review your holiday.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I paid extra for a sea view and wasn't disappointed. I heard some complaints about single rooms backing onto a yard and having a horrid view but overall I have no complaints. The food was good, the staff superb

Room Tip: I'd suggest a sea view. Well worth paying extra for. I was told the ground floor rooms were poor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Auroralover

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am pleased you enjoyed your sea view, I do agree as many other guests have stated that the view is worth the little supplement.

Unfortunately with regards the comments on the ground floor these rooms do not have the sea view as they are to the rear of the property.

Hopefully we shall see you return to the hotel or one of our other hotels at some future date.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel is in a super spot to the beach and town center.We did not find any faults in the lounges,Restaurants and ballroom.The room we had was clean and tidy,with a lovely sea view.The only problem we had was there was no shower in our room,just a bath.All the hotel staff are fantastic and friendly.Our room was always nice and clean,thank you housekeeping.The Reception staff were very helpful.They carried our suitcases to our room for us due to my disability.Thank you.The food in the Restaurant was good and had lots of choice.We had Stacey as our waitress,she was brilliant.She is very helpful and she could not do enough for us.Thank you Stacey for making us feel special and your service.The entertainment was good with bingo,a quiz then a entertainer to finish the night off.Brilliant Holiday!! Hope to see you soon.We recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank MannyMorton

Thanks for your review I am pleased you had a fantastic stay with us here at the Marina Hotel, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the staff and in particular Stacey who you mentioned.

We look forward to seeing you return to visit us at some future point.