“A warm welcome at the Marina Hotel”
Review of Marina Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Newquay
Marina Hotel
Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Tyne and Wear
“A warm welcome at the Marina Hotel”
Reviewed 6 February 2011

Stayed at The Marina Hotel on a 5day National coach trip on 17th January. It was a long journey of over 11 hours but time passed ok as we had a good coach driver,Phil who told us stories along the way & tried to make the journey as comfortable as possible for us. When first entering the hotel bedroom it did look very dark due to the energy saving lightbulbs (but it did light up after they'd been on a while) & the bathroom looked as if it could do with updating (although it was clean & the maid service from Trish was excellent).
The meals were nice with a good choice each night and Martin(the Restaurant Manager who was our waiter) was friendly & kept us laughing with his banter with us at each meal time. We had a free 3 hour bar each night and got drinks without any problems or large queues & there was bingo every night along with some very good entertainment from singer/compere Simon Cain and a different cabaret act each night.
Jason,the Manager & his staff were very friendly and did everything to make our stay enjoyable so if you're thinking about going to Newquay and can stand the long coach journey, I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011
5 Thank benijan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Hetton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2011

we travelled with national coach hoildays. from the begining of the trip the service was excellent. the coach driver gave lots of information about the town, and the local trips whch were arranged for the four days away. he then explained about our hotel. on arrival to our hotel we were welcomed by the manamger Jason who was very welcoming as all his staff were also. the room was sea facing it was clean and comfortable, a little worn paper, but for the excellent price of the holiday. the meals were hot and plenty of a good variety on the daily menu. there was a free three hour bar each evening while we watched excellent entertainment from simon kane, harry, and caroline. i honestly cannot make any comments that i didnt like other than the long journey, however this was my choice and i will be doing this trip any please go its a great hoilday for eveyone.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank walter000
England
Reviewed 12 November 2010

Was really looking forward to staying at this hotet, especially after reading so many good reviews about it. I was on a 4 day break with National Holidays.
My single room was ok but bathroom so tiny, I could hardly get in near the sink. I couldnt bend down in the shower either ( and I'am not a big person ). The room my elderly parents where put in, the lighting was so poor and only a tiny trickell of water from the cold tap over the sink. Simple things, that should of been checked before we arrived.
The food was ok, nothing to write home about.
The service and the staff were excellent though.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank l0ve2travelnewhere
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed 10 November 2010

Travelled with a friend for short break Mon 1/11/10 to Fri 5/11/10 arrived early evening after 10 hours. Check-in was fast and efficient however, we were allocated the wrong room initially but on checking this was changed immidiately with appology.
Staff at The Marina were very friendly, welcoming and efficient. Our room was on first floor with stunning views of the bay, was spacious with 3 beds, I did however push 2 of the beds together as I kept falling out of the single bed, the staff did not have a problem with my rearranging furniture and mattrasses could do with replacing as a little on hard side.
While some rooms do need updating this did nothing to spoil our stay however, I would reccomend paying a little extra for sea view as the view from our room was stunning.
Overall a wonderful 5 days with 2 great organised trips to St Ives and Falmouth. I would recommend this National short break and The Marina Hotel to anyone but don't expect 5 star.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank Beth1958
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2010

Went with daughter and son-in-law, with National Holidays. All inclusive, we don't know how they do it for the money. Thr best holiday we have had for a while. The trips to Falmouth and Padstow were really enjoyable, coach driver very pleasant. All staff from reception down to our waitress were very helpful. The single bedroom I had was fairly small but everything I needed was there. The bathroom with shower cubicle, was spotless and was kept that way, by the very good cleaner we had. My daughters bedroom and bathroom were massive. The rooms were cold, on going down for our evening meal we mentioned this ro the receptionist. When we we went back upstairs the heating had been switched on for us. I hope to be going back again. I have recommended this to everyone I know, and a few I don't.

• Stayed October 2010
4 Thank alatcot
NE England
Reviewed 17 October 2010

We travelled from the NE with National Holidays (10 hrs by coach). The check-in was fast and efficient, and the staff very friendly. The room, however was distinctly 2 star. Three single beds, 1960s curtains and wallpaper, a shower that barely delivered, all on the 3rd floor with no lift. I'm just pleased we are both fairly fit. So if you do book this hotel, ensure you get a room on the ground floor, as our fellow guests assured us they were more than adequate.
Having said that, the staff were very friendly, meals adequate, and evening entertainment passable.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Makemg
yorkshire
Reviewed 15 October 2010

stayed 17 till 21 sept four of us from hull had really good time found every one helpful and friendly.the entertainment good the commedienne was really good.would have liked a bit more choice on menu but was ok.you can pay one pound to a young lad to take suitcases to your room which i think is ok as they is no lifts.the town centre is mimutes away also bus stop near hotel .could do with bit of up dating but bedding spotless bathroom was also very clean .all 4 of us would go back well worth cost of trip.we also got inclusive drinks which was well stocked

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends