We have spent our last two family holidays at Atlantic Reach and fully intend to return. Until 2010 we always holidayed abroad but the economy got the better of us and we decided to visit Cornwall for the first time in many years. We came upon Atlantic Reach and have booked through private owners both times.
I must admit when we turned up the first time I was a little worried that it would turn out to be no more than a run down holiday camp right out of the 60's. Yes I agree that the houses don't look much from the outside but that shouldn't put you off.
Inside, both our two bedroom houses have been very well appointed, clean and equipped with everything we needed. Ok, there was no dishwasher but what's wrong with getting your hands wet from time to time?
I have to admit we have never used the gym, restaurant or taken advantage of the evening entertainment as we spent most of our days out and about only returning for an evening meal and to relax.
The indoor pool is a great place to be when the weather isn't too good. We spent a hot and sunny day round the outdoor pool this year and my twin 10 year old boys love the playground, tennis courts, teen den et al.
The staff are helpful and courteous when required but not intrusive when not required. On an evening the place is quiet with very little outside noise (and I am a light sleeper).
Admittedly there is no on-site shop, however there is a Co-op a couple of miles away and Morrisons about 10 mins drive for everything else.
All of Cornwall's attractions are within easy reach with some fabulous beaches just a short drive away and only 10 minutes into Newquay and 15 to Padstow.
There is also a fabulous fish and chip place in Indian Queens which I would heartily recommend.
All in all Atlantic Reach has provided me and my family with two very enjoyable holidays and we will return in the future. Don't go if you demand five star luxury and prefer holidays away from families with children. Definitely go if you want a nice base to explore Cornwall and somewhere your kids can entertain themselves in safety.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Reach is a leading family holiday resort set in 50 acres of countryside, close to Newquay in Cornwall and is open all year round. It is easily accessible from the A30, and allows easy access to all the beautiful sights of Cornwall including The Eden Project and some of Cornwall's top beaches. The South West Coast Path offers some spectacular walking along cliffs, headlands and beaches. Our facilities include swimming pools, large gym with regular activities for children and adults, Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, golf course, indoor soft play centre, bar, restaurant, entertainment during school holidays and more. We have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom holiday homes at Atlantic Reach and some are available with private Hot Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Atlantic Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Reach Hotel Newquay
- Atlantic Reach Newquay, Cornwall