“Second time here and we will return”
Review of Atlantic Reach

Atlantic Reach
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We have spent our last two family holidays at Atlantic Reach and fully intend to return. Until 2010 we always holidayed abroad but the economy got the better of us and we decided to visit Cornwall for the first time in many years. We came upon Atlantic Reach and have booked through private owners both times.
I must admit when we turned up the first time I was a little worried that it would turn out to be no more than a run down holiday camp right out of the 60's. Yes I agree that the houses don't look much from the outside but that shouldn't put you off.
Inside, both our two bedroom houses have been very well appointed, clean and equipped with everything we needed. Ok, there was no dishwasher but what's wrong with getting your hands wet from time to time?
I have to admit we have never used the gym, restaurant or taken advantage of the evening entertainment as we spent most of our days out and about only returning for an evening meal and to relax.
The indoor pool is a great place to be when the weather isn't too good. We spent a hot and sunny day round the outdoor pool this year and my twin 10 year old boys love the playground, tennis courts, teen den et al.
The staff are helpful and courteous when required but not intrusive when not required. On an evening the place is quiet with very little outside noise (and I am a light sleeper).
Admittedly there is no on-site shop, however there is a Co-op a couple of miles away and Morrisons about 10 mins drive for everything else.
All of Cornwall's attractions are within easy reach with some fabulous beaches just a short drive away and only 10 minutes into Newquay and 15 to Padstow.
There is also a fabulous fish and chip place in Indian Queens which I would heartily recommend.
All in all Atlantic Reach has provided me and my family with two very enjoyable holidays and we will return in the future. Don't go if you demand five star luxury and prefer holidays away from families with children. Definitely go if you want a nice base to explore Cornwall and somewhere your kids can entertain themselves in safety.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank TwinsdadLeeds
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Reach

Reviewed 21 August 2011

We stayed at the Atlantic Reach in a two bed premier lodge between the 13th and 20th August 2011. Our party consists of two adults and one child aged 2 years old. The lodge was clean, the kitchen and bathroom were modern, the bedrooms had plenty of storage and the lighting was contemporary throughout. I was a little disappointed with the old couch and chair in the front room with a throw over them and the lodge did smell strange when we walked in (I hadn’t realised dogs were allowed). I also think that the bed in the master bedroom needed to be bigger as my feet were hanging off the end so I wouldn’t like to be over 6 feet tall. The downstairs could have done with coat hooks and the outside painted like the 4 bedroomed houses further up to spruce them up. A welcome pack would have been useful containing washing up liquid, a sponge, tea towel and maybe a package were the complex could provide bath towels as we hand to bring our own. If you are travelling with kids then pack a travel stair gate and plug socket covers if needed.

We visited the Atlantic bar on a few occasions and the entertainment was OK, we didn’t visit the restaurant. The indoor pool was great, the showers were modern and clean but be prepared for communal changing and there are no lockers so don’t take any valuables. Most people dried themselves off and walked home to change. We visited Pirate Pete’s once at £3 but when we got up there it was hotter than the sun so didn’t go again.

We travelled into Newquay, Padstow, St. Ives and Falmouth whilst on holiday, the Atlantic Reach is a good base to go exploring. We enjoyed our stay but would probably try a different accommodation if we visited Cornwall again.

Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have just arrived back from the holiday below I would like to inform you of certain issues that I came across at Alantic Reach

I turned up to play Golf I had taken my clubs and it ended up being a pitch and Put this is not what it states in your Brochure.

The camp is not a country club it is like a Housing Estate, also the entertainment was poor, There is not a proper shop on site only bare essentials behind reception and the nearest supermarket is 4 miles away.

There is no public transport available from the site and no way of getting off the site unless you drive.

I turned up at the restaurant on Friday night at 7pm for a meal and was turned away saying there were no tables available and they said you need to book but this was no stated any ware.

I was not happy with the holiday and would like someone to come back to me but I don't think that would book with Hoseasons and recommend you to friends.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank 180Markprice
Reviewed 19 August 2011

We booked Atlantic Reach as a family holiday with 3 15yr boys and 2 18+ lads. Close proximity to Newquay was important and the Reach fitted the bill.

The facilities are great, good pool and well equipped if crowded gym. Perfect for the guys. Good par 3 golf course and great parking.

The on-site restaurant was friendly and the food was good and well priced.

The accommodation was basic and functional, perfect for a self-catering break. the only complaint from my tribe was that the matressess could have been more comfy!

Where the Reach struggled was in it's identity. Not quite a country club as advertised more of a holiday park with permanent units.

1  Thank nomadnick36
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was a nice place to stay, our 2 storey house was a nice size, lovely kitchen, nice front room (book with Hoseasons!) a dn this is a step up from the caravan parks we stayed in. The bed was comfortable, and clean. The shower was to die for! Good to stay in out of season, and it was lovely and warm to stay in during cold rainy weather in December. I have no idea what is is like in season!?! But a great base to explore Cornwall.x

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank mokuku
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was our fourth visit to Atlantic reach and as usual we had a fantastic stay at the resort. We stayed at one of the four bed villas and really can't fault it for comfort. We explored Cornwall during the day and came back to explore the site facilities, Pirate Petes soft play, splashtime at the inside pool, the amusement arcade and the swings for our young son and the spa, swimming pool, golf, tennis and pool table etc... for our teenagers, before cooking our evening meal and then going for a relaxing enjoyable drink and entertainment at the club house. We will definately be returning next year....

3  Thank lisa d
Reviewed 13 August 2011

Just got back from a wonderful stay at Atlantic reach.
Two families, grandparents and two dogs squeezed easily into a 10 person villa/apartment. The villa was lovely and clean. The beds were squeaky... But nevermind!

Facilities were wonderful. Our kids loved the pools and tennis courts.

My son also loved the disco last night!

Very quiet resort and relaxing! Wonderful!! Thank you Newquay holidays!!

• Stayed: August 2011