We booked because of the gym and it was cheap, but wouldn't go anywhere to save money again. The staff were very friendly and apologetic but any interaction we had with the resort seemed problematic and made us wish we hadn't. As we arrived we saw our accommodation was grubby looking. Old stained throws were over our sofas, looked like a student flat. We stayed in a 2 bed garden terrace. The 4 bed places were much bigger, newer and looked cleaner looked much nicer. We went for dinner in the hotel restaurant as we had a long drive and just wanted to relax. It's the first time I can remember being unable to eat a meal, I had a pepperoni pizza it was so greasy it was untrue. My girlfriend had a steak wrap, it was 50/50 steak and fat. The steak was untrimmed and was so chewy with fat she too had to leave her dinner. The waitress was apologetic and took off the price of the pizza. Good service from the staff. Then we went to the cafe to get internet, the cafe had just closed a hour early because of a rush in the restaurant. We had just left there and there was a table of 10, a table of 4 and us!! There must be seats for 100 people indoor, in the marquee and on the benches outside. The table of 10 were already seated when we left, they were just been given a run down of all the food options they had run out of. The resort is a 15-20 minute drive to Newquay about £12-£15 in a cab each way. There are no walkways or cycle paths to get there. The internet was 50/50 if it worked or not the first few days we had no luck at all, (McDonalds is a 10 minute drive with free wifi) the last few days were better. A management type told us it was a "intermittent fault", I felt the younger worker summed it up more truthfully when he described it as "dodgy". It was cheap we paid £55 pound a night for 10 nights, the gym was well equipped and clean. The staff were friendly but our memories of here will be of the problems not what u want from a holiday destination
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Reach is a leading family holiday resort set in 50 acres of countryside, close to Newquay in Cornwall and is open all year round. It is easily accessible from the A30, and allows easy access to all the beautiful sights of Cornwall including The Eden Project and some of Cornwall's top beaches. The South West Coast Path offers some spectacular walking along cliffs, headlands and beaches. Our facilities include swimming pools, large gym with regular activities for children and adults, Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, golf course, indoor soft play centre, bar, restaurant, entertainment during school holidays and more. We have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom holiday homes at Atlantic Reach and some are available with private Hot Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Atlantic Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Reach Hotel Newquay
- Atlantic Reach Newquay, Cornwall