Hi just back from a family holiday. My husband, myself and our 2 children aged 5 and 8, their grandparents aged 72 and my husbands two sisters aged 30 and 35. We stayed in a privately owned 4 bedroom house no.51. The house was very roomy, well equipped and nicely decorated. The kids were fond of the jacuzzi Bath :-)
Entertainment was a bit hit and miss although the children had a great night the evenings we went to the manor house. Especially enjoying the punch and judy/ magic show and pirate pete. The park is large and just outside the marquee where the entertainment is so the kids can go in and out. Our family especially enjoyed the cornish king of swing night and found him very funny. We also won a £40 drinks voucher at the quiz and came a very close 2nd at the big quiz and won a bottle of wine :-)
The pools are basic but good. The weather was good so we went to the outdoor pool most days. The kids loved the large pirate ship inflatable. The life guards should receive praise. They do a great job! There is a shallow toddler pool too.
We wanted to eat in the manor house one evening but when we arrived we were told we had to book. So worth checking!
During our stay we visited flambards which is around 45 mins to hour drive away. Would recommend it. A fantastic travel back in time. My in laws thoroughly enjoyed themselves. Not a huge amount of rides but what's there we enjoyed.
We also visited a couple of beaches. We would recommend porth which is quieter than most and a little further on is watergate bay which is very popular with surfers and body boarders. Both these beaches have streams running through which the kids spent hours playing in and building dams and castles. Exorcising good for younger children as you know they are safe. Again life guards do an amazing job!
Cornwall crealy is a brilliant place to visit with the children. We've been a couple of times but unfortunately couldn't this visit as my daughter has a broken big toe :-(
Would definately recommend the lost gardens of heligan. Everyone would enjoy it on a nice weather day. My father in law struggled I little with the steps and hills but if you want to you can skip the jungle/lost world area. The large rope bridge was good fun. Please wear trainers if you do visit here.
In conclusion. . We had a great holiday at atlantic reach and will definately return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Atlantic Reach is a leading family holiday resort set in 50 acres of countryside, close to Newquay in Cornwall and is open all year round. It is easily accessible from the A30, and allows easy access to all the beautiful sights of Cornwall including The Eden Project and some of Cornwall's top beaches. The South West Coast Path offers some spectacular walking along cliffs, headlands and beaches. Our facilities include swimming pools, large gym with regular activities for children and adults, Spa with hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room and jacuzzi, golf course, indoor soft play centre, bar, restaurant, entertainment during school holidays and more. We have 2 bedroom and 4 bedroom holiday homes at Atlantic Reach and some are available with private Hot Tubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Atlantic Reach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Atlantic Reach Hotel Newquay
- Atlantic Reach Newquay, Cornwall