We stayed at Quintrell Downs for one night on our way further west. The hotel is a 10 minute drive to Newquay or Watergate Bay and is easily accessed from the A30. I had read reviews about the hotel which said it could be noisy being next to a main road. We stayed on a Sunday evening which perhaps was a quieter time but did not have a problem with traffic noise. The staff were friendly and welcoming and the room was clean and adequate.
After a horrendous experience in the restaurant at the Hayle Premier Inn last year where the children waited an hour for cold, burnt, dried up food, we were apprehensive about using the Table Table restaurant but found the service excellent and the food was very good value. Our waitress, Lauren, could not have been more helpful, the children were provided with crayons and colouring sheets, and although the restaurant was very busy we didn't have to wait long for our meal.
The only negatives were that someone had been smoking in the (non smoking) room which could have been aired by leaving the window open before we arrived and there were only four thin pillows for four people in the room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a few miles from the stunning beaches of Newquay – so grab your shorts, sunnies and surfboard ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Premier Inn, Priceline, Booking.com and Odigeo so you can book your Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel Newquay
- Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs) Hotel Cornwall