“GREAT STAY AT HEPWORTH HOTEL”

Hepworth Guest House
Ranked #2 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 September 2013

At last my long awaited review of the Hepworth Hotel (Better late than never) Between Christmas and New Year 2012 . This was my secound stay between christmas and new year previous stay 2011 . For the secound year running had a great time wth the family staying with Ron & Carol .
Once again could not fault Ron & carols freindly and warm hospitality during my stay with them always guaranteed a good time and a good laugh too , not to mension the friendliness of all the other guests at the Hepworth Hotel which enhances your brek even more.
Excellent five star treatment with my single room that i was kindly given for my stay with you both ,(very much appreciated) with very nice on suite bathroom ,nice size bed just right for one (or maybe two) plenty of storage for clothes ,very nice decor and lighting in room too,
Nothing better than returning from a great day out to get back and relax in the ( Buckett seat complete with foot stool) loving this Carrol) whilst wathing flat screen tv for a while .
Excellent brekfast choice for some one who is a fussy eater like myself (aquired taste) it has to be Crispy bacon and pancakes very nice Ron . Followed by plenty of toast and butter if your still hungry .Good coice of cereal available and croisants too to soak up the beers from the night before or you could just choose Rons full English breakfast Guaranteed to set you up for the day.
Evening meal at any other hotel would be a problem for me ,but not at the Hepworth Hotel.
No need to even ask whats on the menu does not get any easier than that , with a large ample serving of cheese on toast just cooked to pefection by Ron and always served with a smile from Carol , (more adventourous meals available) this meal sets me up for an excellent night out in Newquays centre where there are a wide varied chice of bars and clubs.
With the Hepworth Hotel located near to the centre of Newquay makes light work of your walk back from your day or evening out in Newquay.
Looking forward to another stay at the Hepworth Hotel very soon thanks both Dino. LEICESTER

Room Tip: All rooms of a very high standard
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
roncarol, Owner at Hepworth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Thanks for your review, looking forward to your next stay, in the new year, love to you all
regards Carol and Ron

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My boyfriend and I have just returned home from a lovely weekend stay at the Hepworth hotel in Newquay. The reason we booked the hotel was because of the great reviews we saw online and rightly so! The hotel definitely lived up to our expectations.
First and foremost, location is great, 5 minutes into the town centre and beaches. The owners, Carol and Ron were so welcoming from the moment we got there. They made us feel like we were staying with family rather than a B&B, very warm and genuinely really nice people. The room we stayed in (room 9) is a superior room was very nice, spacious and decor is lovely and to a good standard. The rooms in the B&B vary but we had a roll top bath and a shower in our room, fancy! Free mini bar with soft drinks and snacks was a lovely touch too!

Breakfast in the morning is between 8.00 - 8.40 which is a little early we thought but it actually made us make the most of the day being up early. Breakfast was very nice with loads of options to choose from, also Ron bakes fresh cookies, muffins and pastries everyday which are so good!

Overall a top place to stay in Newquay and we are already thinking about coming back next year with the family :-)

Thank you Carol and Ron!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Glad you both enjoyed your stay, with us, and pleased you enjoyed all the Hepworth offers, and it is good to know that enjoyed our freshly cooked breakfasts and that you made the most of the day. love to see you both again, Carol and Ron

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Please be warned = you may come home 2 stone heavier after your stay at the Hepworth Hotel!

After reading the amazing reviews on Trip Advisor, I was really looking forward to our relaxing getaway at the Hepworth Hotel and I was definitely not disappointed. Ron & Carol bend over backwards to ensure all guests are satisfied and leave with smiles on their faces.

We were met with a pot of tea and blueberry muffins (my partner was especially pleased by the muffin), and were given a guided tour by Ron. He made sure he covered everything from how the shower works to recommendations for local restaurants. Aside from being welcoming, Ron is also a fantastic chef and made the breakfasts fresh every morning, including cakes, muffins, pastries and cookies!

There is off road parking although depending on the space you take, you may need to wait until other cars have moved before getting in/out. The room was beautifully decorated and very clean with complimentary teas, coffee, hot chocolate, crisps, fizzy drinks, water and chocolate snack bars! The extra little touches made this experience extra special; the complimentary tea tray, fluffy gowns in the wardrobe, toiletries in the bathroom, and best of all the amazing cakes and pastries Ron makes each morning before starting on his amazing breakfasts which are cooked to order. Delicious! I definitely recommend the fresh fruit and homemade yoghurt - scrummy!

Thank you Ron and Carol for looking after us for the week, cooking and cleaning, and recommending the places to go for visits or food. We will fondly recommend the Hepworth to anyone visiting Cornwall in the future!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

wonderful review we, we aim to please and it was good to know you enjoyed your stay it makes it all worth it Carol and Ron

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I spent a week at the Hepworth hotel and was made to feel welcome the moment I arrived with tea and homemade cake. I was shown to my room and everything was explained to me about what was in the room, using the keys, where i was sitting for breakfast etc. This was lovely especially as I was staying there on my own. The breakfasts are fantastic - with homemade juices and cakes; also there is plenty of choice for the main breakfast. Ron and Carol do a fantastic job and make 100% effort to make sure your holiday is special. The BBQ was amazing too - and I would definitely recommend the home made punch!! I will be returning!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

thanks for your review what can i say, we both enjoyed having you, hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday , Carol and Ron

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Had a lovely four night stay at the Hepworth. Thank you carol and Ron. Lovely food,clean well equipped rooms. Will definitely book again....very welcoming people. Even left with lovely lemon muffin for our journey home.

Room Tip: Room 5 for couples only.great shower
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thankyou for your review we are both glad you enjoyed your stay here at the Hepworth, glad you enjoyed your room and Rons cooking, great having you both Carol & Ron

Reviewed 1 September 2013

If you are looking for a warm and welcoming Hotel/Guest House with a 4 star rating then look no further than the Hepworth Hotel Newquay. Your Hosts and owners Ron & Carol will look after you like no other hotel in the area, where your day will be started with the widest and most delicious breakfast you could wish to eat. Ron goes the extra mile with a selection of fresh fruits and pastries, and a choice of breakfasts you will 'not' get anywhere else. The rooms are warm, welcoming and kept to a very high standard. My Wife and I have been staying here for over 10 years a true testament to The Hepworth Hotel, and Ron and Carol. Simply do not look anywhere else, if you are staying in Newquay, ideally situated for the town and beaches, park, zoo, I could carry on ...just get down there and see for yourself.

Room Tip: All will suit your needs, Ron and Carol will help you choose the right room for you.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
roncarol, Owner at Hepworth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

loved to have you both hope all is well, we love to have gluten free stay, and Ron enjoys to cook somthing special, we are pleased you enjoyed yourselves and look forward to welcoming you and friends and family regards carol

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We have just arrived back home from our week holiday and 3rd stay in the Hepworth hotel hats off again to Ron and Carol what fantastic hosts just couldn't ask for a better couple to look after you for a weeks stay. Ron surpassed him self this time by finding me the best strawberry dakari I've drank since mexico 3 years ago We had a really nice afternoon just sat in the garden chilling with hosts before having a dip in the hot tub afterwards you just don't get this with most places nowadays. Anyway back to the breakfasts what can I say they cater for almost everyone and the breakfast is superb quality every morning. I love burnt toast and they even got that spot on every morning lovely with Rons home made marmalade. My wife loves muffins and quess what Ron makes his own every day which are better than shop bought ones which goes straight in fridge in room for later !!!
This hotel is in a prime position rooms are really good and comfortable parking included in car park just leave car there all week if you like it's just situated in the ideal place for everything.
To put this hotel in a nutshell you arrive as a guest and leave as a friend I know this sounds corny but it is true well done you two and we will definitely be back next year

• Stayed: August 2013