“very testy food good atmospher good greek music”

Stavros Greek Taverna
Ranked #64 of 241 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
St John-in-Cornwall, United Kingdom
“very testy food good atmospher good greek music”
Reviewed 25 November 2010

only one greek restaurant in cornwall very testy food good service thanks

• Polish first
Sunny Cornwall
“AVOID AT ALL COST!!”
Reviewed 14 November 2010

I dined at Stavros Greek Taverna with 5 friends last night & it has to be said it was my WORST dining experience EVER!
Firstly, the restaurant has far too may tables in it - we were packed in like sardines. If you were a larger person or pregnant - you would never get into your seat. This made for a difficult evening, you felt that you couldn't get up to use the loo - or everyone would have to more for you! Also, it was hot , stuffy, & slightly claustrophobic.
Now for the food.....our drinks & starters came without a fuss.
Our main meals arrived - of us had ordered meat moussaka, when it arrived they were veggi ones, & had to be changed. 1 of us 'had' ordered veggi moussaka, which arrived 15 minutes after the rest of us had been served - & was chilly on the inside.
One had a chicken fillet & feta dish - which was raw on the inside - it was sent back to the kitchen. Chef at this point had a fall out with the waiter (there's an open kitchen so we could see) The 2 next dishes my friend ordered were off the menu! She was offered a chicken skewered dish - which was ok when it finally arrived, when we'd all finished!!

It was an aged before our table was cleared of plates. We refused desserts, but were never offered coffees.

It took forever to get someone's attention to get the bill, & when we eventually did, guess what it was wrong! It was corrected, but with NO reflection to our disastrous evening! ! Not even a heartfelt apology was made.

After paying & leaving we all felt let down & taken for fools.

4 Thank uplandgirl
“Let down”
Reviewed 13 November 2010

After fantastic reviews myself and 5 other friends decided to give this one a go, we regular go to different restaurants and this is the first we have been let down by.

Firstly there were too many tables in this tiny tiny place, it was cramped and to close to other diners. Ordered our food, the starter was amazing I love hallomi and this was perfect. Our main course came and one of our 6 was left waiting so naturally we waited and it arrived 5 minutes late I cut into my chicken dish and it was pink, the waiter took my food and I was offered a replacement I tried ordering two different dishes to be told they had run out this is 8pm on a Saturday night! So finally another meal arrived and it was amazing but everyone else had finished. Then they cleared the table and offered dessert we declined we were then left for 30 mins before any offer of coffee or drinks was made. Disappointed as everyone seemed to rave about it!

3 Thank Karriad
“Both myself and my partner have traveled...”
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Both myself and my partner have traveled quite extensively in and around Greece and have enjoyed Greek food both there and back in the uk , but never have either of us had such a fantastic meze ! It was amazing to say we were full was an understatement . The service and the atmosphere were great and the hole experience was worth every penny . Many thanks stavros for a great night we will be back Nick and Rachel

woking
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 October 2010

We had a really good meal here, geat food and great service. We would definitely go there again when we visit Newquay next time.