“Had a fantastic night!!”
Review of Minerva Hotel

Minerva Hotel
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
“Had a fantastic night!!”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Due to a unforeseen problem elsewhere, I needed somewhere for myself and my 2 children. I couldn't of asked for a better place. So very helpful and had a lovely evening and breakfast was good too. We were warned at time of booking that I would have to park elsewhere, so that didn't cause a problem at all. I just feel some people want 5 star service at a fraction of the price. Room was lovely and clean. Would highly recommend and will be back next year.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Retford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2013

A hotel with a view to die for ... Excellent room ... Friendly staff ....situation was exactly what I wanted right near the beach .. With a large grassed area in front of the Hotel ... Sunday entertainment in the front on the Hotel was provided by a brass band in the bandstand .. Excellent ... The evening bought us an open air viewing of a movie ... Shame the weather interred the viewing ...
The only problems I could see was parking .or rather the lack of it .... But this I have to say was a problem of the whole road ... As the Hotel owner said to me when I mentioned the parking problem .. When the Hotel was built the locals used horse and carts as a form of transport .. So enough said Ii. Had a thoroughly enjoyable time . Thank-you for your hospitality...

Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The owners of this hotel were very helpful however the hotel itself needs attention. Lack of parking spaces, Our room was small, had not tea making facilities, had an over powering smell of air freshener, bathroom was dirty with hairs in the toilet, on the floor & in the shower. Pulled back the quilt & found hairs in the bed! We kept the window open overnight as it was stuffy and was woken at 1am by a load of lads shouting & swearing as they past the hotel. Breakfast was ok ( i had toast & tea) however a number of guests orders were mixed up as only 1 person taking orders and serving.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The hotel is in a brilliant location,
The staff are kind and friendly and will do their best to find you a car parking space, the breakfast was lovely (however we only managed to get up early enough for it once) but the hotel is very well run and the owner is a great laugh

Reviewed 17 August 2013

as a younger couple perhaps we are less picky than some of the other reviews on here.
But what we can say is that we found this establishment to be clean and tidy. we had a good nights sleep and breakfast was spot on, exactly what you need before a days surfing. We found the owners to be very welcoming and accommodating.
We will be back without a shadow of a doubt. A*

Dan & Nikki

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Before I start I am not a snob but I do have to say this hotel was shocking in more ways than one.
It was filthy dirty in our room.The beds were falling apart the furniture was all vile and not matching and the bathroom was terrible with pee stained carpet and a very overpowering smell of bleach and air freshners.Couldn't bring myself to eat breakfast there.
We were supposed to be staying for 2 nights but checked out early.
The owners were very friendly but that does not excuse the state of the place I think a lot of these reviews are reviewing the owners not the hotel.
In my opinion this should not be called a hotel I have stayed in cleaner and smarter hostels.

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ali W
Sandy, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Had a room here for 4 nights, it was clean, tidy & secure. Our room had no view, but we didnt ask for a room with a view!! We only had to step outside front to see the beautiful Newquay view which made this hotel location ideal for our holiday :)) Towan beach & The Island, are right outside the door, this connects to Great western beach, Tolcarne beach & Lusty Glaze beach all by walking along the sea from Towan beach, lovely. The town high street is a few yards up the road for shops & dining options as well as bars, Fistral beach is 20 mins walk from the hotel as well. The Minerva is in an ideal position for everything. John & Maxine are great hosts, always their if we needed their help or advice. It is a family orientated hotel which suited our family perfectly & is great value for money. Will definitely stay here again :))

Room Tip: if you want a room with a view, room 6 or 7 ,they were the bigger family rooms. we would love to sta...