“AMAZING”

Ranked #125 of 234 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$1 - US$57
Cuisines: British
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: There is nothing quite so British as a mini-break to the Cornish coastline, and Beaucliffes is a stellar restaurant in Porth tucked away inside the Porth Veor Manor Hotel that is ideal for romantic mini-break meals for two. With coastal views and a superb modern dining room this restaurant has oodles of nostlagic charm without the decaying decor, and is popular with both daytrippers and locals. Beaucliffe's locally sourced, seasonally changing menu offers a variety of British classics with a noughties twist, and signature dishes include the medallions of Westcountry pork tenderloin with a red cabbage, garlic and lime coleslaw and mustard dressing, and the seared Cornish beef with colcannon mash and Guinness gravy.
“AMAZING”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

Found this place thanks to taste card. Two 3 course meals with 2 sides for £37!!!!! Such amazing value for such an AMAZING meal!!! Perfect way to celebrate my 3 year anniversary. The views a lush!!! Shame the parking is a bit rubbish :/

1 Thank cornwallreviews

Birmingham, England
“Dinner for two”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

Lovely views, high above the local town out to the cliffs and sea.

Service excellent; attentive but not over-attentive

Place became full during the dinner period but, since the tables were well-spaced, it did not feel crowded.

Food arrived promptly

Starter: pork and black pudding - delicious, 5/5

Main: my choice of main probably wasn't the best thing on the menu (beetroot and caramelised onion tart). It was somewhat mushy, with no clear flavour (3/5). For this reason I stole a bit of my wife's steak dish which was very good.

Overall we both enjoyed the meal and liked the venue.

• Visited August 2013
“Tried twice great both times”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2013

Starters of belly pork and black pudding and scallops special were particularly good. Service was excellent, staff could not do enough for you, including sending out for more red bull on a Sunday evening having run out!
Beautiful views over beach and beyond.
Enjoyed 2 evening meals as we were staying in the hotel so no driving. Used tastecard second time so great value too!

London, United Kingdom
“Good value - very nice food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2013

Lovely setting. Very nice evening. Good choice. Very good value - especially if you are staying at the hotel or in a villa.

Visited July 2013
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Not living up to expectations...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

Having read through the other reviews of Beaucliffes, I'm thinking that maybe they were having a bad day...

When we arrived, the entrance to the hotel was locked, so we found the restaurant with a bit of luck by wandering through the open conservatory door in the bar area.

We were seated at a nice table overlooking the garden with a sea view.

I booked Beaucliffes because I have a Gourmet Society card and the offer was very good.

For me, this is when things started to go a little bit wrong... we had to wait quite a while before the waiter came over to take our drinks order and the drinks took quite a long time to arrive.

I was quite impressed with the menu and the selection of dishes on offer... I was chatting to my partner about what he was going to have when we noticed that we had different menus... unfortunately, my menu was the wrong menu (which was disappointing)... and when I chose the starter I wanted from the correct menu, it wasn't available...

Not a good start.

Several times during the evening the waiter had to apologise to us... the first for giving us two different menus, then for not telling us what dishes were not available and then for not telling us we had to take to the bill to the bar to pay...

But we couldn't fault the food. The chef definitely has a good eye... all of the food was well presented, cooked perfectly and tasted delicious. The fillet steak for main was huge and the side dishes of potatoes and chips were just perfect.

I read that Beaucliffes describe themselves as a 'fine dining restaurant'. This was definitely not demonstrated on the evening I went for dinner. The food may have been very good but the service was not at all good.

If I was paying full price I would have been very disappointed but the Gourmet Society discount made it very good value for money.

• Visited July 2013
Jamie R, General Manager at Beaucliffes, responded to this review, 1 August 2013
Thank you for your honest feedback.

We duly take on board the criticism and on this occasion it would appear we have failed to deliver on the high standards we set ourselves here at Beaucliffes.

We hope that you will come back again in the future so that we are able to demonstrate that we are worthy of the many positive reviews we have received previously.

Kindest Regards