“New Years Eve”
Review of Hillcrest Hotel

Hillcrest Hotel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Hillcrest Hotel
Ranked #82 of 105 Newquay B&B and Inns
“New Years Eve”
Reviewed 3 January 2013

We came to Newquay for New Year’s Eve and had a fantastic stay at Hillcrest, both the price and service is excellent and we would definitely return on our next visit to Newquay. The breakfast was also delicious. Thank you!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Nantwich, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Welcomed by Duncan (owner) and made extremely welcome from the start. The hotel was very clean and tidy.
Very friendly and the breakfast was fantastic. En Suite with tea/coffee facilities. However we did most of our tea drinking in the breakfast room and not at breakfast. Duncan will probably see his tea bag stock not going down as fast, now we have left!!!!
We would recommend this hotel without any hesitation to our friends and family. It is just far enough out of the main strip but a nice easy location for wandering down to the town or harbour.
Lots of activities on offer, surfing, kayaking etc if you are into those sort of activities, or just a great place to stay if you are into touring. Extremely well placed for touring.
Will hopefully be booking again later this year.
We would like to extend our thanks to Duncan for his hospitality.

Andy & Sharon Lawton

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Well what can I say?

The Hillcrest, I genuinely cannot praise enough. We were a party of 12ish lads...all up for a big old 3 day stag weekend and I can honsetly say the place was top notch. Nice location off of the main strip by all of 200 yards, but far enough out of the way that you dont get drunken hobo's singing Chumbawumba outside your window in the wee hours. Our stag was heartilly welcomed with a "this will taste nice but may make you go blind" complimentary beverage and Duncan - Kurt Russells long lost stunt double - was a top notch fella. The rooms were as expected for a B&B in Newquay - clean and servieable with no complaints. Obviously, as I have said in previous reviews, if you are looking for the Ritz, or a place where you will get a complimentary mint on your pillow for the morning and the towels folded into the shape of a swan then this is not for you. However, if you want excellent value for money, good friendly no-nonsense service, a nice room, a hearty breakfast and a local authority on surfing, going out and where to get some good food then look no further than the Hillcrest. Also, the offer surfing lessons (or something like this) - however, we booked our surfing through a different place due to our lack of knowledge that he did it. Full marks from me on all fronts.

Duncan, you are the man sir. I cannot put anything whatsoever negative about this hotel. i just wished that Duncan sported an eyepatch, so I could call him Snake...

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Welcomed by Duncan (aka Kurt Russell) the owner on arrival. Told us the ground rules with no BS. Every morning without fail lovely fry up served.
Location superb, just a 5 minute shuffle down a hill and you're in food and drink land. A bit further up and your in booze land.
Rooms very clean. Shower nice and hot.
Great family buzz to the hotel.
Will never need to go to another hotel. this one every time.
If you are a stag ask (if you have to which you probably wont) for the special on arrival! I promise it's all good.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Leighton Buzzard
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I won't bother looking for any other place to stay when I'm next in Newquay. The hotel clean and smart. The breakfast is excellent, with a lovely 'roof' terrace on the dining room. The hotel owner, Duncan, is a great bloke, and knows everything about the local surfing, and couldn't be more welcoming or make you feel more at home. e went with the family and they all want to go back. WHta more can I say. Thank you Duncan

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
LN11
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed at the hillcrest in late August 2011 for a week of surfing and relaxing with my partner and another couple. The hotel and owner (Duncan) was fantastic. The rooms were very clean and welcoming. The breakfast was hearty and a perfect start for good days surfing. There is a range of surfing equipment to choose from. We all had excellent surfing lessons arranged through the hotel. It is only a short walk to town and the beach. Duncan is an experienced surfer and gave us great advice. He was extremely helpful especially when I got stung by a weaver fish!
I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: If you book early you can choose the rooms! :-)