“Worth a visit.”

Coast Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Reviewed 16 August 2013

It is a small cafe with 5 round tables all covered with blue and white spotted table clothes.. white wrought iron chair and benches round the outside of the room with blue/white cushions. The owner and her 1 staff were very polite and welcoming. Nothing was too much trouble. Now for the food - The cakes and sandwiches not only looked good but were delicious to eat. They even catered for Gluten free people. All in all a worth while visit.

There are newer reviews for Coast Cafe

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Lovely big waffles - nice coffee, gorgeous homemade cakes and scones. Smoothies, ice creams and pancakes. Only downside is there are no toilet facilities - but wouldn't stop me eating there - delicious!!

Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Couldn't really fault this place. My only suggestion would be to have a list of toppings for the waffles. Otherwise lovely fresh food, cakes and coffee. Certainly value got money with the homemade freshly cooked waffles.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

We took our two young children to the Coast Café as we'd heard about the amazing scones and food and we weren't disappointed. The interior is sweetly done up in sea blues and white with pictures looking through windows at the sea, and twinkly lights, all give it a Scandinavian feel, fresh, clean and welcoming. The choice of food was comprehensive with local speciality ice-creams and cream teas. My son had the brownie knickerbocker glory and he wasn't disappointed, the brownie inside was heaven, it didn't last long. My daughter had a fruit pancake and it was huge and perfectly thin with a generous serving of fresh strawberries and other seasonal fruit inside. A large selection of smoothies, fruity or chocolatey, you can choose your own chocolate bar to be mixed into it i.e. bounty or marsbar etc, a nice touch. The owner went to lots of trouble to personalise our orders to our very picky specification and was smiley and chatty throughout. A really friendly and happy place with really comfortable scatter cushion seats. It was obviously very popular and had a steady stream of people coming in for takeaways or to eat, especially the ice-creams and cream teas, I can see why, it's a little Gem. I should also say that the one person who criticised it must have been having a bad day themselves as I couldn't fault the place.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

I don't know what to say about this little gem. I found it based on other reviews on here and I'm so glad I did. I have honestly never had a cream tea half as good as from here. It was so good we went back just before travelling back home as I wanted to experience it again. It's a small place but has lovely gentle decor. The scones are made fresh and served warm. If you get the chance go here, you'll want to go back too.