“That batter....oh yes!”

Ranked #10 of 231 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“That batter....oh yes!”
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is your standard fair 'Chippy', decent price, big portions and freshly cooked. Their batter was amazing, parking was readily available in the guise of a council car park next door...we parked after 18:30 and cost a pound to stay until 9am the following morning.

4 Thank UltraChin

Hertfordshire
“Decent Fish and Chips”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Good fish and chips, nothing that really makes it stand out from the crowd but it did the job. Good and friendly service.

2 Thank poetsofthefall
Towcester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Service and Food”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

My husband and I popped into here one evening for a small bite to eat. All I will say is the food we received was lovely and the home-made fish cakes were cooked to order and very filling indeed. The nice chap behind the counter even gave us an extra fish cake too :)

The lady who served us was very friendly and when we asked her a question about where we might watch the rugby locally the next day she went out of her way to find out for us. Very much above and beyond the service we would expect from a fish and chip chop.

If you are in the area then pop in, You can eat in or take away but be warned the the portions are huge and based on the food we had I would say you would not be disappointed (oh and you can see why the local gulls are so fa toot :) )

I know it was just a chippy but it was a refreshing change and other local food establishments could learn from this place.

3 Thank MissAli44
Caerphilly
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hit the spot”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Fish and chips was delicious..staff were excellent with my children....my family were very satisfied leaving and my 4 year old cleaned his plate

1 Thank Kayleighbutts
Cannock, United Kingdom
“Outstanding Quality Food & Service”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Best fish & shop I have ever visited. We found Truscotts on the third night of our holiday and ate there for a further two nights. Only wished I had found this on my first night as they would have had our business every night.

The food is cooked to order including the chips and the service is excellent. The fish is succulent and cooked in a light crisp batter and their home made fishcakes are to die for.

I would recommend anybody to eat in this establishment. Their hospitality is spot on, cannot fault anything.

I shall certainly be booking my next holiday to Newquay just to eat here again. My advice to Truscotts is open one in every town because decent fish and shops are extremely hard to find.

Looking forward to our next visit already, it can't come soon enough.

Jen & Steve