“What do you expect!”

Travelodge Newquay Seafront Hotel
Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Listen this is NOT a luxury hotel, but what do you expect for twenty quid a night, I once vowed that I'd never ever stay in a travelodge ever again after an awful experience two years ago, however I stayed here this weekend with my mother cause she had booked it without me knowing!...as soon as I arrived and saw the travelodge logo my heart sank..However I have to be honest and say that actually it wasn't that bad! Yeh ok it's not inspiring on the eyes and it isn't luxurious but hey it was pretty clean and I should know cause I run my own very successful cleaning company and really this room wasn't bad at all, yes the decor looks tacky and outdated and the reception area is bland and basic, but honestly the staff were great/helpful/efficient and above all smiley :)
The bed was actually the comfiest bed I've slept on in a long time (even better than my own), the pillows (all four of them) were plump and clean, the shower water was lovely and hot, the room was quiet so I got great nights sleep every single night which is soooo important to me, the location was great and the views sublime so what more do you want for a quick weekend in Newquay! ..it's around £20 to thirty quid to stay here for a night so flippin Eck let's get perspective here and give credit where credit is due, ...yep I've stayed in some of the finest and some of the vilest hotels in the country, this one is neither...it's just a nice comfy budget hotel, nothing more and nothing less....can't comment about the brekkie cause I didn't try it, there are loads of places nearby for a quick bacon buttie if you don't want the full hotel breakfast...and if the room isn't clean enough for you then just say something at reception, I'm sure they won't bite.
Would I stay here again, ...yer damn right I would , simply cause I really value a good nights sleep and the comfy bed and quiet room when I'm relaxing my sore feet and head after a day in busy Newquay and day tripping in padstow etc.....oh and I have to mention the friendly man on reception who helped my mother and I find bus routes etc.. I spose it depends what you want from a hotel..for this particular trip all that I wanted was a basic clean comfy hotel and I got that ...the one thing I didn't want was a hard bed and loads of noise and thanks god I didn't get that...thanks so much.

Room Tip: If yer worried about cleanliness then just bring antibacterial wipes and your sorted (heh heh)...the...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lisa H

Reviewed 15 August 2014

All we required was one night in a clean,fresh room after a journey of 250 miles for an important meeting, we should have gone elsewhere, the room was red hot, dirty and stunk of urine! Never again! This was a last minute booking so didn't have chance to read reviews like I usually would before booking anywhere, having read other reviews on my return I can see I am not alone in my opinion of this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Convenience of location is the biggest feature of this hotel. Right at the beginning of the 'Newquay Mile' you will not have far to walk to reach a stunning beach or friendly bar. If you're really lucky, for no extra cost, you might end up in a room with a breath taking view of Newquay Harbour. However, if you are looking for a hotel that is cleaned to a high standard and is highly customer focused then you might want to look else where. The reception area is about as welcoming ad Cornish rain. Filled with vending machines and a featureless, faceless and derelict reception desk will be your welcome. It would appear that this chain has focused heavily on their rebrand and advertising but forgot on that customers want clean bathrooms (ours had a dirty floor from day 1), clean bedrooms (ours needed the Hoover to reach forgotten corners) and duvets to be actually placed into their covers ( adverts don't tell us that we have to make our own beds). This might be described as nit picking but we all know that 'The devil is in the detail'. So, come on Travel Lodge your customers like your new beds but all of your other soulless features are sucking the comfort way from the customer.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Really good location and the hotel is done up very nicely. Staff extra helpful, one lady in particular was great! Beach just round the corner too! I fully recommend the breakfast, for the money it's well worth it. Only downer was the room was incredibly warm, almost uncomfortable, they had provided a fan but about 6 was needed lol window was too small to allow any air movement! Still good though.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Comfortable, fab views, friendly staff, great location and great value! Not one complaint! Perfect! I have stayed in many places and travelodges and this has been one of the best stays! Can't fault a thing!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 days for Boardmasters festival. I rang on the day and requested a sea view room, and the guy on the phone was very helpful and sorted it for us.
I asked for an extra towel which was quickly brought up to our room. The staff were very nice and helpful for a budget hotel.
Our room was SPOTLESS. Bathroom was very clean, and the cleaners kindly left fresh towels and coffee outside our room when we slept in.
Our room was quite hot, but we left all our windows open during the day. The street is quite noisy, but overall we slept very well on the king bed.
Highly recommend, especially for boardmasters as it was right by the shuttle bus pick up!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this Travelodge as a bit of a last minute idea to be honest, as we usually travel to Cornwall in a large family group and ordinarily rent a house, but as the other family members decided to do other things, most places were totally booked up, so we looked at the Newquay Travelodge online.

The website was easy to use and prices fabulously cheap for a prime location. We spent just under £300 for a four night stay for two adults and a 17 year old to stay in a family room with a breakfast.

We found out that the hotel had no parking, but easily found spaces in the railway station car park for £9.90 for 24 hours. There were cheaper places, but the station was the closest.

Upon arrival we were greeted by a very nice gentleman on the desk who checked us in and told is all the relevant information.
One checked in, we went to our room. The room was clean and you could see it had been recently decorated.
Unfortunately we didn't get a room with a sea view, but were told to next time phone in advance so they could see what they could do.
The room was very hot, but we were provided with a fan. The windows didn't open much either, so that would be the worst thing about the room.
The hotel wasn't too noisy at night as there were lots of families staying.

The breakfasts were adequate. My only criticism would be to vary the options a bit. I was bored of the same two flavoured yogurts and the cooked choices after the third day, how about some hash browns or fried eggs every once in a while?

All in all the Travelodge was a great last minute choice, as the location was fabulous! You can walk to the beach in about two minutes, there are plenty of surf shops nearby, the zoo is a 10 minute walk away and you have lots of great places to eat within a 2 minute walk. I will recommend Kimz Diner, Yummy!

Not a bad choice for a budget break, I would go back again.

Stayed: August 2014