“Great setting, food and service, a nice and welcome surprise”
Review of Fistral Blu

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Fistral Blu
Ranked #164 of 255 Restaurants in Newquay
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2010

We've been to Fistral Blu a few times but only for drinks. The view from the terrace upstairs is great, especially if your lucky enough to see a sunset. On this occasion we called in for food as well. The restaurant wasn't too busy but we hadn't booked so we hoped to be lucky and get a table with a good view. Happily someone was just leaving so they put us on a table for two right by the window. We had a great view out over Fistral beach and the amazing sunset that was unravelling in front of us. So the setting certainly put us in high hopes for this place.

The menu is pretty good with plenty of local ingredients used in the dishes. For starters I had scallops and black pudding, my wife had Moules Mariniere. Both dishes tasted fresh, although my scallops didn't taste as good as the ones I'd had the night before at Fifteen. Then again they didn't cost anywhere near as much either. For mains I had pan fried sea bass, my wife had Cornish fish pie. Both dishes were very generous portions, leaving us full by the end.

All in all it was a really nice meal, with a nice cheap bottle of house red. The service was good service, and the atmosphere nice and relaxed. We'll definitely be going back next time we're in Newquay.

You can read more about our visit to Fifteen and our holiday in Cornwall in my travel diaries at pencer.org.

Reviewed 3 August 2010

Go in the evening, book a table with a view (most have). Watch the sun go down over Fistral whilst eating delicious food washed down with great wine! What could be better?! I love this place! Always a great atmosphere and service.

Reviewed 2 August 2010

Wonderful meal with the family at this surprising restaurant. It's located on the top floor of the Fistral Beach cafe are so it doesn't look like it will be up to much but once you step upstairs you are greeted by a rather swanky interior, great bar area and fab views over the bay.

The service is friendly and professional. They pitched it just right for the kids and adults alike. We had the full age range there and everyone enjoyed it. They even made some special non-alcoholic cocktails for the girls.

Food was delicious and the menu diverse.

Reviewed 18 May 2010

The setting for this resturant at the top of the Fistral Beach complex takes in the most fantastic views. The sunset is directly ahead of you and should you be seated with the real thing behind you, do not worry as the webcam is played through the TV screens!
7 middle aged guys landed at this place on Sunday evening. We have all done OK in life and have lived a little (although trying to recapture our youth; hence the surf trip to Newquay)! All the food was superb and we were looked after most professionally.
The middle of May may not be the busiest time and I would imagine that the place will be rammed during the summer months. If this is the case..........simply book.
Would I go again.............yep, at the drop of a surf board!

Reviewed 28 December 2009

Although food good not good enough to make me want to return as service was disappointing and a word of warning - do check your bill carefully! Another minus, there is no refund on car parking fee even when you are eating in restaurant which seems a bit tight.