“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Westward Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #12 of 112 Newquay B&B and Inns
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

We spend the Easter weekend with Rachel and Andrew. I must say that this has been one of the best experience that I have had staying at any B&Bs. The rooms are immaculately clean and are serviced daily. Westward is very close to the beach (5 mins walk). It is also very close to Bus stop and Rail station, so if you are using public transport then it is very accessible. You will find a lot of restaurants nearby. But the best of all is the breakfast served by Rachel, I am already missing it. Rachel has been a perfect host. Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: Close to beach, restaurants, bus stop and rail station.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

I must say that I was lucky enough of finding such a lovely single room only a few days before the Easter period in one of the most demanded place in the whole UK. I must say that Rachel gave me peace of mind when I told her that my bus from London was got a 3-hour delay and that I´ll got to Newquay out of the scheduled check-in. Andrew was the friendly face I found after my long journey. The room was really cosy and clean and I didn´t notice to have a separated toilet as a disadvantage. The breakfasts are served in a bright dining room and the range of choice can´t let down anyone. There is much more than the great full English breakfast!!

All in all I would recommend to everyone and I would like to repeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We booked a three nights stay in Newquay for the Easter weekend and couldn't have been more pleased with our choice. From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel incredibly welcome. The room was perfect, nice and clean with a really comfortable bed and a capacious wardrobe as well as tea and coffee making facilities. Rachel and her husband were really helpful, pointing us to the places to visit in Newquay and we even found a booklet containing useful infos in our room. Breakfast was simply superb, a wide range of cereal and fruits as well as a superb full English. The first morning we went for a run and got back 1h after the breakfast had been served, but Rachel was kind enough to allow us to help ourselves to cereals, fruit and tea anyway. A fantastic stay overall and highly recommended!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Me and my 10 year old son stayed at the westward for 7nights. When we arrived we was warmly welcomed, the B and B was so clean and warm. Our room was fantastic, buns changed everyday beds made and tea and coffee filled up. Shower and toilet area was lovely, very bright warm room. Breakfast was amazing, loved how everything matched. Beds were so comfy. Parking was great at the back. Loved how I bought extra milk and was giving a cooler bag for it, really thoughtful. Can not wait to return again and will 100 percent want to stay at westward again. :-)

• Stayed April 2014
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014 via mobile

When my wife and I arrived, we were made comfortable straight away. I had received a text earlier in the day saying our room was ready so we could check in before time, which was a nice touch. The owner showed us to our room, which was lovely, clean and bright.
Breakfast was absolutely amazing, and as I don't eat eggs I got an extra hash brown which was much appreciated - especially by my wife as she got my egg too.
When we left we had a lovely chat with the owners. We also had a bit of a giggle about the man in the room next to us snoring, although they insisted that they would have moved us it wasn't a problem to us.
We'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My husband and I spent one night here this weekend and were delighted with everything. The owners are most pleasant. The hotel is immaculately clean throughout ( a rare find these days, unfortunately! ) the bedroom was very comfortable and a very appetising breakfast was served in a light, airy room. The price we paid was very reasonable. If we are in this area again, we would most certainly stay here. To be highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank appleblossom81
Parkdale, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

Grandson and I were there for only 1 night, between train and car rental the next day. Due to a missed train connection we arrived late without any communication between us. Hosts were very pleasant about it, and delivered us to the rental agency gratis the next day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family