Tir Chonaill Guest House
US$94
US$179
US$174
Hotels.com
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$189
US$183
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$76
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Newquay Seafront Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My husband and I stayed for one night on the 26 August, while our daughters were celebrating our niece's hen night elsewhere in Newquay.
A lovely warm welcome and were shown to a spacious room with all amenities.
Plenty of tea and coffee and I was impressed with the cleanliness of the room and bathroom.
Breakfast included a range of cereals and the tables were set with plenty of milk and fruit juice.
Cooked breakfast also included.
Would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KVM186220
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Only stayed for one night and the room was large, very clean and had a good quantity of tea/coffee sachets and enough milk to match!

The huge window was perfect on a hot night, and although front-facing on a main road I only heard traffic - no people noise at all... this surprised me as it was only a few minutes’ walk into the centre of Newquay.

I didn’t use their car park as the Cornwall Council site just opposite offers free parking 6pm to 9am (ish). Left too early for breakfast but did see people eating and it looked great.

Very friendly owner and would stay again next time I'm in Newquay.

Room Tip: I booked a triple room and requested a shower
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CornishLad
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Four of us girls stayed here for 2 nights and we were made to feel very welcome.
The rooms were nice and very clean and we had a lovely breakfast. Good location not to far from the town prob a 5 min walk but we got taxis to the beach. I would recommend to others, better than other hotels nearby and i know this because some of our group stayed at another hotel which was noisy and dirty! (Lowenva hotel) thanks for a lovey stay tir chonaill :-)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Valelou
Reviewed 22 July 2012 via mobile

When we arrived the bedroom door was propped open with a stool, thought nothing of this at the time but later when we returned after being our for the evening there was a smell of sick in the room, the previous guest had been sick down the side of the bed and the carpet had not been cleaned properly. The rest of the carpet in the room was very worn and the carpet in the bathroom smelled of damp and pee. The rooms were very cramped and mismatched and the floors uneven and squeaky. The shower was just a trickle, rubbish for trying to wash shampoo out of your hair. The walls are very thin in the b&b so it wasn't a peaceful nights sleep followed by a below average breakfast in the morning. I would not recommend this b&b to anyone and it was definitely not worth the £65 I paid for the night.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank u10kmm2
Reviewed 21 June 2012

As a slightly disabled man on the cuff of the big 60 with legs that fail to comply with my wishes I was ever so grateful for the assistance of the owned and family at Tir Chonaill.
The rooms are cleaner than some hotels I have had the misfortune to have stayed in... A case of pride in giving the client above value for money.
I felt like I was looked after by my big sister. .. Thanks !

Room Tip: Have a room for disabled on the ground floor... book early!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business