“Excellent trip made better by stay here”

Tir Chonaill Guest House
and 1 more site!
Tir Chonaill Guest House
Ranked #79 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

I opted to stay away from the rest of a stag party I attended as I booked late on. Glad I chose this guest house, great value for money, very accommodating owners who couldn't do enough for their guests from what I saw, also went out of their way to print something off for me I required for my flight home.
The room was huge, a family room just for me which I was very pleased with! En suite with modern bathroom,flat screen tv, tea making facilities etc.
only a 5 minute walk into town but very quiet of a night thankfully when I did arrive back at my room!

Would definitely recommend and if in newquay would certainly use again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Gazh200780

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were welcomed very well by the owner, who made us very welcome indeed
Good room and a BATH. We had an excellent nights sleep.
Breakfast was excellent, one drawback, we ordered breakfast at 8;15 and were told that would be fine, in the morning the tables were not ready, even so it did not take long
This house is not id the very best area, but is recommended by me, try it you will not be disappointed
The hostess saw us off with a cheery smile and a good luck wave
Loved it

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Frederick H
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

While adequate in most respects, the Tir Chonaill suffers from a poor attitude towards service.

On the posative side, our room was large and had some nice touches, a big well equipped bathroom and a reasonably comfy bed but overlooked a busy road which made for a poor night's sleep.

On the negative side, the owner and staff in general seemed to be just be going through the motions.

Others on here have written about the staff helping with luggage. Not us. And while lugging her case up the impossibly narrow staircase, my wife accidentally knocked a picture off the wall. Cost of doing business? Not at the Tir Chonaill. We got charged £3.

I passed on the "full English" the next morning (thereby saving them a whack of money) and had just toast. I didn't even get butter
with it. When I asked for some, the owner looked at me like I was something she'd just scraped off her shoe and turned away. My "breakfast" was thus dry toast.

Stay here if there's absolutely nothing else available for the price in Newquay. Otherwise an attitude such as there is here doesn't deserve anyone's business.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013 via mobile

Passing through on a business trip.
My welcome by the owner was very nice, told me everything I needed to know.
My room was large, very clean and the bathroom was tidy.
Was in a room by the room, but didn't hear a thing all night.
I missed breakfast as I had to leave early. But the owner did leave out some cereal and juice which was good.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Crudge666
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Booked a 3 night stay in Newquay, one night was in a Premier Inn, one in Tir Chonaill and another in an awful B&B elsewhere in Newquay (see my other reviews). We stayed here on Monday 12th August. This was by far the best of all places to stay. On arrival we found Bridie to be very welcoming, friendly and helpful, reserving us a parking space off the main road. We were shown a room and helped upstairs with luggage. The room was immaculately clean and very spacious, much more homely than a hotel. Beautiful modern bathroom and the views from the room overlooked Newquay beach, which was stunning. Great shower in the bathroom, you don't always get such a clean modern bathroom in a B&B. We took a short walk into town for a meal and drinks, then returned and had a great night's sleep, lovely comfy beds with plump pillows. Breakfast was a choice of yoghurts, berries, fresh fruit, cereals, fruit juices, full English or combinations. Very friendly and hospitable, we cannot fault Bridie and will definitely return in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 5 upstairs and had great views, it's a family room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Lovely hosts and so nice and friendly. Rooms had comfortable beds and nice bathroom. Better than most in Newquay for B&B's. Close to lots of amenties, easy walking to town centre with some parking at front and back. Good breakfast. Fistral was 10 mins walk away. Enjoyed stay

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was walking from Lands End to Padstow with two 13 yr oldboys. Bridie is so friendly and immediately took all the clothes from the boys to wash and dry out as had been hit by a storm on the way through so sodden!! Room was large and clean. Really friendly and great boys breakfast in the morning setting them up for another 40km! Easy walk to town for restaurants etc. Good place for walkers to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family