“Amazing ”

Price range: US$11 - US$70
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

Before my holiday to newquay I looked on here to see which places seemed good for food. The harbour fish and grill looked really good so me and my boyfriend decided to go here for our last evening meal out! We had to book as it gets very busy!

What can I say, the drinks, food and cocktails were amazing! By far the best I have had in newquay!

For our main meals we had the crab spaghetti and the grilled hake, both were absolutely incredible!

We shared a lemon posset for dessert which again was delicious and we don't usually eat desert!

The cocktails were lovely too, they come in a jam jar which is a nice quirky touch! I had the strawberry daiquiri which had fresh strawberries inside! I also had the raspberry vodka lemonade which again was really good and they were more than worth the money!

We sat outside overlooking the harbour which was perfect! It was a bit cold as the sun goes behind the building but they have heaters and there is also a basket of blankets you can help yourself too which is a nice touch :)

Finally.. The bill! We were dreading getting the bill as the food was so amazing it could have been a Michelin star restaurant! But we were pleasantly suprised! £55 for 2 mains a desert a beer and two cocktails so can not complain at all! I have paid more than that for below average food at tgi Fridays!

In my opinion the food here is incredible and by far the best fish restaurant in newquay!

1  Thank PaigeLight

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This was a lovely place to have fresh fish and it was good to perfection, some of the tastiest fish i have ever had.
we sat outside which has a beautiful view of the harbour and they provide a heat lamp and blanket just incase you get chilly.
scallops for starter where plump juicy and delicious and beautifully presented.
The fish mix grill for my main, John Dorey, Cod, Pollock and Haddock absolutely delicious with new potatoes.
could not fault any of the experience.
Happy to pay the price for such delicious fresh local food.

1  Thank AmyShutler
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just ambling around Newquay after lunch.
Found this piece of heaven.
Sat at the table featured in the main photo.
Just watched the movements in the harbour and the tide coming in.
Too late for food, but the bar was open.
I had a lovely local lager, and SWMBO had cheeky Oz sav blanc or 2 and soaked up a lovely June afternoon.
Staff were great.
Next time we'll come back for food.

1  Thank Gerry M
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We came to this restaurant on the last night of our stay in Newquay. After reading the reviews on trip advisor we were expecting good things and we weren't disappointed. The service was warm and friendly from the start. The food was fresh and beautifully presented. The views over the harbour are lovely. All in all a great evening and will definitely be coming back and recommending to friends and family.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great place recommended to us,food was amazing,we had the squid,mixed grill(arrive hungry),fish n chips and chocolate desert.all yummy-lovely summers evening overlooking the harbour and our waitress Izzy kept us entertained,wish there were more smiley,chilled out staff in nice restaurants like her!great experience,you won't be disapppinted.