“My New Favourite Place!”

Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant
Ranked #13 of 241 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lusty Glaze Tripadvisor Beautiful brunches, leisurely lunches, cosy coffees and seaside suppers... Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant is nestled just a short walk from the centre of Newquay, on the North Cornish coast. Come rain or shine Lusty Glaze serves up freshly cooked and locally-sourced culinary delights in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. With a beautiful menu specially created for each season, as well as some rather tasty specials and the ever popular Hot Rocks, this beachfront dinning experience is not to be missed. On a warm evening, it's easy to forget you're still in Cornwall! As well as hosting weddings and our legendary Headliner Sessions, we also hold a free live music evenings featuring some of our favourite local artists. Spanning a range of different genres, these nights are always special, as everyone relaxes and unwinds, glass of wine in hand, soaking up the atmosphere. And even with a focus on top-notch food, it is still very likely that your chairs won't match, your spoon and fork may be different patterns and your waiter will be wearing flip flops... after all, we are still the laid back family-friendly restaurant that we always have been!
Durham
“My New Favourite Place!”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have just spent a week in Corwnwall with my Husband and 2 daughters aged 7 and 13. We went to Lusty Glaze on the first day of our holiday to attend the BBQ and Dodgeball event. The beach is one of the most beautiful I have seen, not too big, very clean, lots of different seating areas, an outdoor bar and icecream hut, deck chairs, & sun loungers. There is also plenty of room if you want to pitch your beach tent/shelter or just throw a blanket down. We were lucky to have such perfect weather for the whole duration of our stay. The sea at Lusty Glaze was so blue it was mesmerising. The Dodgeball event was great fun and the BBQ food was delicious. My daughters were made to feel very welcome. They also do fantastic cocktails, the English Garden one was my favourite.

I loved Lusty Glaze so much we decided to go back for an evening meal on the 3rd day of our stay. I am so glad I did. The restaurant is so relaxed and pretty, particularly at night. We were seated right by the beach with a perfect view of the ocean and the surfers. There are lots of little lamps with candles in and light up patio heaters which just adds to the atmosphere. There was plenty of choice on the menu but my husband and I decided to try the hot rocks experience which is where you are given volcanic hot rock plates and you cook your steak, fish or halloumi to your required taste. My husband opted for the fillet steak and I opted for the halloumi and it was fantastic. It was also really good fun to cook on the hot rocks. Again I sampled a few of the cocktails. They have a decent children's menu with fish fingers, chicken goujons, pasta etc.

We watched the sunset whilst eating our meal and it was so beautiful it made me emotional. I have noticed a few people have mentioned in other reviews that you wait a while for your meal to be served, we waited in 40-50 minutes in total, but due to the superb location you are in, the range of drinks and the lovely people, you hardly notice the time and its such a chilled out atmosphere that waiting a little while did not bother me in the slightest, and it was totally worth the wait. The dessert choice is also good and all of our desserts were fantastic. Definitely recommend the chocolate torte.

We decided to go back to Lusty Glaze on our final night to have a couple of drinks and watch the sunset. We arrived at around 7:30pm and took a seat it the deck chair area and enjoyed some more of the cocktails. There was a group of men playing a relaxed game of football, surfers in the sea and a few families just chilling out. It was so lovely to just sit back and watch it all. They served paella on the beach which was delicious. We stayed and watched the sunset until around 10pm, it was the perfect way to end our holiday.

So, as you can tell, I loved Lusty Glaze so much I visited 3 times in a week and would have visited every day if we did not have such a jam packed week of activities to squeeze in. It is now one of the places I will be telling everyone I know about and all my friends who have seen the photo's we took have said it is on their bucket list!

Thanks so much for such a lovely experience, you should be very proud to own such a wonderful place. We will be coming back to Cornwall next year and Lusty Glaze will be first on our to do list.

|:)

• Visited July 2014
Milly97, General Manager at Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your lovely review - and thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed report.

We work extremely hard to make sure our guests leave Lusty with memories that will last a life time and it is great to know that for you we have succeeded!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Andi

Barcelona, Spain
“Great Sunset Dinner”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

A beach restaurant with 140 step access to the beach cove where it is located - picturesque, but bear on mind footwear and clothing for the walk down and then back up afterwards. Gaining a deserved reputation for beach concerts held just in front of the restaurant during July and August. The chef has recently changed and this is seen in some interesting / creative dishes. For our early dinner - appetizers of mixed olives, dipping olive oil and deep fried soft shell crab, a starter of Cornish scallops seared and presented with a garnish of baby raisins and capers - my partner's being a type of Gazpacho neither of us had ever seen before (with the appearance of an onion soup but the taste of guacamole!!), a main of pan fried cod with a crust of parmesan and dill. Cornish Cheeseboard to finish. A good but pricey Californian Rosé to accompany the meal. Fresh produce prepared and served well on a busy night. Efficient, friendly staff.
It is July and it is on the beach - beware that some diners decide to bring their children for an early dinner and while this is most welcome if the kids are well behaved (because the parents are well behaved), you may draw the short straw and end up sitting next to an excited mini kindergarten during your dinner, which can trash the idea of a romantic soirée for two. All in all a positive experience and we will no doubt return.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
“you have to do it”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Excelent location good food great band on the night we visited.
A warm evening good food and drink music and the family or friends with you its hard to beat !
But be careful how much you drink there are around 140 or so steps down and back up after the evening!

Visited July 2014
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Loved it.”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

From start to finish a great experience for a family members birthday. Loved the food and the hot rocks cooking would highly recommend and all great value oh and don't forget the view. Amazing thanks....

Helston, United Kingdom
“A lovely beach bar”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Ideally situated right on the beach at Lusty Glaze, this informal beach bar has a varied and reasonably priced menu. We popped off the beach for a lunchtime snack. Although very tempted by the fish finger sandwich, we opted for mezze platter. Really good value at 7.95, a variety of meats, olives, feta cheese, stuffed peppers, homemade hummus and pickles, it was really lovely. View to die for of course.