“Very special place”

Price range: US$10 - US$28
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Lusty Glaze Tripadvisor Beautiful brunches, leisurely lunches, cosy coffees and seaside suppers... Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant is nestled just a short walk from the centre of Newquay, on the North Cornish coast. Come rain or shine Lusty Glaze serves up freshly cooked and locally-sourced culinary delights in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere. With a beautiful menu specially created for each season, as well as some rather tasty specials and the ever popular Hot Rocks, this beachfront dinning experience is not to be missed. On a warm evening, it's easy to forget you're still in Cornwall! As well as hosting weddings and our legendary Headliner Sessions, we also hold a free live music evenings featuring some of our favourite local artists. Spanning a range of different genres, these nights are always special, as everyone relaxes and unwinds, glass of wine in hand, soaking up the atmosphere. And even with a focus on top-notch food, it is still very likely that your chairs won't match, your spoon and fork may be different patterns and your waiter will be wearing flip flops... after all, we are still the laid back family-friendly restaurant that we always have been!
Frome, United Kingdom
“Very special place”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Went down onto the beach on a rainy April Sunday, a very warm welcome, table looking out to sea, big heaters and friendly staff. Both of us had roast beef and it was one if the best roasts I have ever had. We are coming back to Newquay in September and we will be visiting again

• Visited April 2014
Milly97, Manager at Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi

Thanks for such a lovely review! We obviously stuck in your memory!

This winter was the first time in the history of Lusty Glaze that we remained open throughout the winter and we are really pleased we did. This winter will see a few changes but the roasts have become very firmly on the winter menu!

We look forward to your visit in September, if you would like to drop me an email when you make a booking, if I am onsite, I will happily pop over and thank you in person for the review!

andi@lustyglaze.co.uk

Many thanks

Andi Milson
Operations Manager

Wakefield, United Kingdom
“Cooked my own food!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Cooking your own food might sound like a con when you're paying to eat out.....far from it! I had fillet steak which I cooked a mouthful at a time just to my liking on my own volcanic rock! It was absolutely delicious. The chips were yummy too.

For me the best thing about this place though is the location, it was absolutely stunning. We booked for 7.30pm and watched the sun set over the sea as we ate. It was beautiful!

I would really recommend this place, it's such a shame it's a good 6 hour drive away for where I live! Although that adds to the novelty. I hope to find more gems just like this on my travels!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mel C
Milly97, Manager at Lusty Glaze Beach Restaurant, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. We are delighted you enjoyed the hot stone experience - cooked a mouthful at a time is absolutely the best way!

Its an absolute pleasure to receive reviews such as this as it makes all the hard work worthwhile when it is appreciated, thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cornwall

Kind regards

Andi Milson
Operations Manager
Gloucester
“great food, service, location”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had our last meal of our recent holiday here, and to sum in a single word, it was the highlight, we had a great location on the beach, watching the waves and the sunset, the food quality and presentation was exceptional, the service first rate (we asked for no beer in our fish batter and that was no trouble), would recommend to anyone.

If there was any cause for concern, then we could have done with a bigger table (there were six of us) and cos we were on the beach, it was tilting on the sand - but I guess that added to the experience.

We selected the 'hot rocks' cooking method - novel idea and an experience in itself

• Visited August 2014
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and hospitality with wonderful location”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Everything cooked fresh. Had sole which was cooked to perfection. Good local drinks served. Staff really welcoming.

Visited July 2014
South West England, United Kingdom
“Perfection”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We have recently moved to Newquay but have lived in Cornwall for 30 years and for some reason only visited for the first time a few Sundays ago to watch the Dodgeball final. Of course it helped that the weather was absolutely tropical but it really is the perfect place - I didn't want to leave! In fact stayed til midnight! Ate paella on the beach in the evening and tried the restaurant food as well for lunch. All first class. Best band too! Motown Pirates

• Visited July 2014