“Yum! ”

Flounders
Ranked #16 of 231 Restaurants in Newquay
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Television
Description: Traditional Fish and Chip Shop Take - Away with convenience seating area. Local Delivery Available. Telephone orders welcome. Daily Specials.
“Yum! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Fish and chips aren't my first choice but these were yummy and we visited again before leaving for home! Well worth a try!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Good recommendation !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

My friend and I have been visiting Newquay together for 10 years and we have always had our fish and chips from another takeaway but over the last couple if years it hadn't been as good. After mentioning this to my daughter she recommend Flounders and I'm glad she did. The lady that served us was lovely and very friendly and the fish and chips were not only very generous but were very well cooked. Even people who were having takeaway were asked if they would like a piece of lemon with their fish! The only thing I will say which is a very small negative, I had curry sauce and was asked if I wanted normal or spicy. I had the spicy but it just tasted like ordinary chip shop curry sauce. We will definitely be using this chippy again if we are lucky enough to visit Newquay in the future .

1 Thank Shelleyb65
Truro, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chippy around Cornwall!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

As fish and chips go - this really is one of the best. Brilliantly cooked and a very friendly helpful service. Been many times and we will definitely be back!

• Visited June 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

Visited a couple of months ago with my partner. I don't eat fish so cannot comment on that but he assured me it was lovely. The chips were very nice too. A little on the pricey side for fish and chips but for a one off on holiday it's fine.

• Visited July 2014
“Fantastic chippy!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Such a lovely chippy! With extremely lovely and cheerful staff, this is the best chippy in Newquay and is very reasonable priced! Will definitely go back again :)