“Good food and facilities but could be so much more”
Review of Fistral Spa

Fistral Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our five-star luxury spa in Cornwall offers a sublime retreat to indulge in pampering, perfecting treatments and quality spa facilities. Our starlit indoor heated pool, jacuzzi, sauna and mosaic steam room are the ultimate place to unwind in Newquay. Enjoy candlelit couples massages or a relaxing aromatherapy facial in the only spa offering ESPA treatments on the north coast of Cornwall.From pedicures or manicures using Leighton Denny polishes to the Fistral signature range, putting the 'treat' into treatments. Fistral Spa was recently named a finalist in the UK professional beauty awards, representing Cornwall spa hotels as the only finalist from the South West. The spa has also been recommended in the Good Spa Guide.Our holistic spa is all about inner calm and tranquility, escaping everyday life and relaxing in our secluded sanctuary away from the outside world. Offering spa weekend breaks or spa days in Cornwall, we invite you to escape to Fistral Spa, the ultimate spa haven.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Good food and facilities but could be so much more”
Reviewed 26 September 2011

I've been to the spa for a day treatment before and was so impressed. However this time the welcome drinks were self service in the spa not in the lovely bar area so not really that welcoming as we were told to go upstairs. The pool etc were good, but when it came to our lunch they forgot us then asked us to move having told us to sit anywhere, which was a bit odd. The food was amazing and the decor and location was great. The treatments were lovely but it lacked the customer service I would expect. I would go back, but with lower expectations.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
cornwall
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“outrageous”
Reviewed 7 June 2011

I live locally to the fistral spa and my sons purchased a spa pass costing £100 as a xmas present. I accept that there wasan expiry date but put it in the drawer and forgot about it. When I realised what had happened i visited the spa fully expecting them to extend the date and honour the pass if for no other reason than good customer service. However i was met with an emphatic "NO" and was told that i had lost my money,they even took the pass number so that no one could try to use it! So Fistral spa has £100 of my money and are quite happy to keep it without providing any service whatsoever. I am totally disgusted and just want to warn others not to purchase any spa passes for fistral spa . I cannot rate the facilities as i was unable to use them!!! and I wont be going there in the future.

Visited June 2011