“Swindlers united!”

Eton Court Apartments
Eton Court Apartments
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked an apartment for 2 nights for my family of 6 and were put on the top floor but there was no lift. One of my daughters is disabled (she is an adult) and in a wheelchair but there is no mention of the place being unsuitable for disabled people in their promotional material. We had to get her up 4 flights of steep stairs - horrendous. Fines were issued for everything - the list took me 10 mins to read. We were even issued with a £100 parking fine (by a cowboy company that Eton Court uses) for bringing the car into the car park to load our disabled daughter. There was no stopping on the road outside and the car park opposite was only accessible by steps and even though we displayed her disabled badge in the windscreen for the 15 mins that it took us to lift and carry her down to the car, they would not rescind the fine on appeal. Totally outrageous!!!. The place looks like a haunted house from the outside - it is in very poor condition. The entrance is disgusting, smelly, dark and very dirty. The stairs are filthy - dust everywhere. A few days before arrival, they demand a security deposit and then try to keep it by catching you out with all their rules. You have to leave the place cleaner and tidier than you found it to get your deposit returned. They run round with their digital camera taking photos of the apartment when you leave and have CCTV cameras fitted outside. The furnishings are old and tatty and the kitchen has only the basics of equipment. There is only seating for 4 people even though it is an apartment for 6. The only two good things about it were the view from the balcony and the spaciousness of the apartment. I would not recommend staying there unless you are willing to hand over loads of your money to a bunch of crooks!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - its dirty, smelly and run by a bunch of crooks.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lindafire

Reviewed 26 June 2014

IT MAY BE CHEAP BUT BE WARNED! leave on time and leave completely spotless - My credit card was charged an extra £300 COMPLETELY ILLEGALLY!

We didn't realise we were to leave the place completely spotless, it's written in the small print, we stupidly thought we could leave it in the kind of manner you would a hotel room. As there are cleaners.

We were charged for checking out late by 15 minutes, charged for leaving a cigarette butt on the balcony, charged for not emptying the bin. Sworn at rudely by the cleaner who had her digital camera ready in hand to snap evidence of our stay... charged for leaving toothpaste on the sink.

When I tried to contract customer service no one took my call. A real downer on a gorgeous holiday weekend. Inflexible, rude and greedy.

Really upset by the whole experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lovethebox
Reviewed 4 June 2014

3 of us stayed for 2 nights in May, we had an amazing weekend (helped by the weather) and it was an excellent price. Eton Court is only a short 5 minute walk to the main street of shops and bars so its an extremely good location. We couldn't get over how spacious the apartment was when for similar money we could have all been squashed into a dorm room with bunkbeds. The only negative thing I would comment on was that it took 2 weeks to receive our refunded security deposit. But I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with four friends for my stag weekend. Having looked around at hotels and hostels we found Eton Court and couldn't believe that for the same price as a dorm we could get an apartment. We stayed in March which is out of season so in the summer the value for money might not be as good depending on the price. The six person apartment we had was well equipped, three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a kitchen with everything you would expect, the sitting room had a table and chairs with two sofas and flat screen tv. Location wise, it is less then five minutes to the town centre, there is a hill to get back up which is tough when you've had a pint or ten but not too bad. You have an allocated parking space so can come and go as you need. The key system is actually straight forward and you get an email or text with instructions before you arrive. We paid the extra for late check out which includes the parking. The place is a little dated decoration wise and could do with updating, but for the price we paid I really couldn't complain about it too much. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it as a place to stay when visiting Newquay.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 September 2013

6 of us Stayed 2 nights and I have to admit we were so pleasantly suprised. For a stay that cost us just 55 each for 2 nights you couldn't ask for better. We had the top floor with a balcony (very nice surprise) view over Newquay was great. 2 bathrooms a full kitchen a large living room with flat screen on the wall . Very comfortable beds .fantastic value for money.
Will be back

Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Upon arrival at Eton Court Apartments we knew we had made a massive mistake! The exterior is Grim and very depressing. It didn't get any better... The communal stairway is dark and smells of damp and cat urine. The decor well, I can't even begin to describe how revolting it was! After finally figuring out how to get into the key safe for our key, (the instructions were inside the apartment of all places) we entered... Eeeek it was horrid! The decor is typical 70s and the bedding looked that old too! We had two showers, however one didn't work so relied on the one we had, then the cold water tap stopped working... So I made a call to ask if someone could come and sort it as we didn't have a shower and I could not believe what I was hearing! Anyway he refused so we were stuffed! Upon our return home, I called them to ask when my £120 deposit would be paid back onto my card, the women hurled abuse down the phone at me with regards to the shower and put the phone down on me! (Well so she thought, haha... ) I listened to both the man and the women for 25 minutes with their insults. Honestly they just don't care about their business (if you can call it that) or their guests. My deposit took two weeks to come back which is wrong! Please please please don't book this accommodation, it really is bad but the owners just make the experience even worse! Oh I did I mention the springs sticking out of the mattress and the hairs in the bed....

• Stayed: July 2013
6  Thank ASDNHA
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Due to misunderstandings and misleading information at booking.com's website we ended up having booked for fewer people than we had, and after some discussions, the house owner started swearing at us and telling us to 'go home'. Although we asked if the original number of people(6) could be allowed in and the rest find another hotel, the owners continued to refuse us entry, having no valid reason for it and continuing to shout at us,when we never even entered their front door. We ended up having to find a hotel at 1am, and although we were promised a refund by booking.com then, now they have declined to refund and later we were charged for another £224 for no reason.
We are very disappointed with eton court apartments and booking.com.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family