Eton Court Apartments
Berties Lodge(Newquay)
  • Free Internet
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recently stayed in Eton Court appartments for the weekend as I attended a Wedding in Newquay. I must say reading previous comments by visitors left me very dubious but when I arrived at the appartments I was incredibly impressed. I found the parking facilities very good and I had plenty of space to get myself and my 15 month child out of the car without having to squeeze between cars. The room itself was very clean and very spacious, more than enough to stay happily for our duration. I was met at the door by a lady who worked there (sorry I didn't catch a name) she was very helpful and explained there was an issue with the cooker which wasnt a problem for us and also explained that there may be another car parking space available for my mother when she arrived. The beds were very comfortable and the living room the same. The only gripe I have was that it rained for a few hours, which unfortunatley the Eton Court staff can't fix. I will definitely stay there again and have already recommended it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Myself and my family (6 of us and a baby) stayed comfortably in room 6 on the top floor. My father has had a knee operation and needs a hip replacement and found it more than easy to get to the top floor. More than enough space for us all, and very clean with sea views!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I would never recommend this apartment to anyone. Its disgusting. The bed was not clean and smell of piss i ended up sleeping on the couch its horrible u canot even reach the owner to make a complain. My stay was not pleasant i was so annoyed its good i ddnt stay so long as my friends. But overall this place is not recommendable the owner doesnt care whether the occupiers would expect a nice and clean place. The boiler was kept lock as wel so we couldnt even turn on heater when its cold and raining. Horrible!!! The bed linen hasnt been changed for ages as well so it stank like rotten rat.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked an apartment for 2 nights for my family of 6 and were put on the top floor but there was no lift. One of my daughters is disabled (she is an adult) and in a wheelchair but there is no mention of the place being unsuitable for disabled people in their promotional material. We had to get her up 4 flights of steep stairs - horrendous. Fines were issued for everything - the list took me 10 mins to read. We were even issued with a £100 parking fine (by a cowboy company that Eton Court uses) for bringing the car into the car park to load our disabled daughter. There was no stopping on the road outside and the car park opposite was only accessible by steps and even though we displayed her disabled badge in the windscreen for the 15 mins that it took us to lift and carry her down to the car, they would not rescind the fine on appeal. Totally outrageous!!!. The place looks like a haunted house from the outside - it is in very poor condition. The entrance is disgusting, smelly, dark and very dirty. The stairs are filthy - dust everywhere. A few days before arrival, they demand a security deposit and then try to keep it by catching you out with all their rules. You have to leave the place cleaner and tidier than you found it to get your deposit returned. They run round with their digital camera taking photos of the apartment when you leave and have CCTV cameras fitted outside. The furnishings are old and tatty and the kitchen has only the basics of equipment. There is only seating for 4 people even though it is an apartment for 6. The only two good things about it were the view from the balcony and the spaciousness of the apartment. I would not recommend staying there unless you are willing to hand over loads of your money to a bunch of crooks!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here - its dirty, smelly and run by a bunch of crooks.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lindafire
Reviewed 26 June 2014

IT MAY BE CHEAP BUT BE WARNED! leave on time and leave completely spotless - My credit card was charged an extra £300 COMPLETELY ILLEGALLY!

We didn't realise we were to leave the place completely spotless, it's written in the small print, we stupidly thought we could leave it in the kind of manner you would a hotel room. As there are cleaners.

We were charged for checking out late by 15 minutes, charged for leaving a cigarette butt on the balcony, charged for not emptying the bin. Sworn at rudely by the cleaner who had her digital camera ready in hand to snap evidence of our stay... charged for leaving toothpaste on the sink.

When I tried to contract customer service no one took my call. A real downer on a gorgeous holiday weekend. Inflexible, rude and greedy.

Really upset by the whole experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank lovethebox
Reviewed 4 June 2014

3 of us stayed for 2 nights in May, we had an amazing weekend (helped by the weather) and it was an excellent price. Eton Court is only a short 5 minute walk to the main street of shops and bars so its an extremely good location. We couldn't get over how spacious the apartment was when for similar money we could have all been squashed into a dorm room with bunkbeds. The only negative thing I would comment on was that it took 2 weeks to receive our refunded security deposit. But I would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends