4,236 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantfistral viewcourtyard roomstorm watchingmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesdog friendly hotelbeautiful hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teasteam roomoverlooking the sea
Reviewed 15 September 2012

A pricey but luxury hotel with a lot of the trimmings, sea rooms can be found on all four sides of the hotel due to being on a headland. We were suprised to be facing inland, yet the view was still good and the room spacious. Unfortunately the bar didn't sell Rattler, the famous local cider in Cornwall, however a trip down to the Well Being area is a must. Surfing Therapy, just by the hotel for wetsuit and surf hire is great value and the people who run it are very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Diane10981
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful views from all sides of The Headland due to our enviable location, which gives a vast amount of choice across a range of rooms suitable for most budgets and tastes. I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 14 September 2012 via mobile

This is a late review (March) can't rate the cottages highly enough I have such happy memories & can't wait to visit again. Amazing location @ Fistral, stunning. Beautiful accommodation immaculate, ate in the hotel once...gorgeous & I have to add that the service I received at reception was excellent. I really want to visit again would gladly recommend the cottages to anyone!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Seashimmer
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2012

Thank you for your highly positive review having experienced one of our beautiful Cottages earlier in the year.Hopefully we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Headland in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

Hi we have just recently stayed at the headland for two nights,previously to this stay we had stayed at stone rush lakes in a lodge for four nights,one night in looe and then went on to stay at the trebarwith in Newquay,which were all excellent quality in everyway,our first night at the headland we spent a night in one of the splendid rooms,it was worth every penny and the views were fantastic,second night we stayed in a courtyard room,very reasonable and comfortable,all of the staff were lovely.The pool and spa facilities were amazing! I have holidayed in Newquay for years and this was my first stay at the headlands and is definitely the best and only hotel I will be staying at in Newquay on my next visits. I highly recommend this hotel you definitely won't be disappointed!
Annabelle and mat x

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnabelleMat

Annabelle and mat, thank you so much for your very kind review following your recent stay at The Headland. I am delighted to read that your enjoyed your time with us and very much hope you will return again to see the new Headland Spa, our staff and guests alike are all getting very excited about the launch next year . Thank you for choosing to stay with us this time.

Reviewed 9 September 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on Friday 7th - Sunday 9th. Paid £214 on superbreak which included breakfast which i thought was an ok price for 2 of us. Personally hotel is easy to get to as its only 79 miles from me and cost £18 petrol which is a reason we stayed here.
The check in was ok and we upgraded from an inland room to a coastal sea view room. This upgrade cost £80 for both nights which i thought was quite high but thought we would have a better room. The room is the only big issue i had. The view was great but the bed was awful and felt like the springs were knackered, Me and my wife have sore backs and necks from the uncomfortable nights sleep. The room was very warm and there was no sign of air con or a fan. It was a warm weekend with highs of 22c both days. I thought there may have been a fridge also as most four star hotels of this cost usually provide them. The bathroom was another poor factor as i thought it was very average with a bog standard bath and shower with shower curtain. For paying nearly £300 on the room i would have expected a much better bed and a walk in shower. I do not think £80 extra justifies a sea view. The hotels facilities are excellent however. A nice heated outdoor pool and a stunning brand new indoor pool/sauna/steam and jacuzzi area which i rated as one of the best i have been in. A credit to the hotel. The breakfast was very good. Good choice and service and tasty food, The terrace restaurant we ate in was good. Delicious pork belly and service was great from most of the staff. I avoided the main restaurant at night as i thought it was pricey but i am sure the food is excellent.
We had a problem with our newspaper delivery but they rectified this so that was good.
Finally the weather was amazing and fistral beach which is a short walk was stunning as i could go body boarding and catch some lovely clean waves. Overall i had a great time here but it was only tinged by the room price. I would stay here again if i could get a better room at a better price. I like how the hotel is trying to develop and people who live in the city would be overawed by the surroundings.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review The Headland following your recent stay with us. It is disappointing to read that you felt our rates through Superbreak were 'high' when taking the upgrade charge in to consideration. I am sorry to read that you found the bed in your room uncomfortable, this is very unusual feedback and thankfully we often receive compliments from guests about their enjoyment of good night’s sleep whilst staying with us. With regards to not having air conditioning in our rooms, as with most coastal located properties, and especially in the southwest, it is very rare to find an integrated air conditioning system within the main fabric of a guest bedroom; the majority of the time we are able to boast lots of lovely fresh air wafting in straight off the Atlantic Ocean!
I do hope that you will stay with us again and if doing so, please do request a 'walk in shower' as we and we will happily be able to accommodate this request, many of our rooms do have bathrooms with that option. We genuinely appreciate all feedback both positive and otherwise and I would like to thank you for your kind comments also and for highlighting your satisfaction with regards to our beautiful 'Wellness Area', the quality of our breakfast and our Terrace offering.
Please do mention your previous stay to us if contemplating a future visit and I will ensure I am able to say hello.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

A lovely hotel in a perfect position. Ocean view is a must as the sunsets are superb. Food was good and not overly expensive. Great staff with a friendly "can do" attitude.

My daughter loved the indoor pool and the table tennis and kids were very much welcomed by the hotel which is not always the case.

The outdoor pool is also very good, but due to the very wet weather we only managed to use this for 1 afternoon.

Room Tip: Ocean view a must!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of The Headland following your recent stay. As you rightly mention our sunsets are simply stunning and often give a wonderful photo opportunity for our guests, especially with our new glass fronted Veranda and spacious Terrace. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.