“Headland hotel, Newquay.”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Surrey.England
“Headland hotel, Newquay.”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Beautiful and elegant hotel. On arrival someone to welcome us and help with baggage. Our room which overlooked fistral beach was everything we wanted with comfortable club chairs to sit and admire the sea view. Bed very elegant and comfortable with room service every day. The restaurant food also very good and freshly squeezed orange juice to die for. Staff very friendly and helpful. My partner and myself were delighted with our stay

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Norma R
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 26 March 2013
It is lovely to read your review about the Headland. I would like to thank you for taking time to post your feedback. We are extremely fortunate to have one of the best views in North Cornwall straight form our lounge window! It is always a treat for us to see the guests looking out at the ocean, mesmerised by its beauty! Certainly something we appreciate seeing see each day. I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed the food and especially the freshly squeezed orange juice it really does make a difference. I hope that you will return to the hotel again to catch a few more sunsets or watch the waves crashing on the rocks whilst curled up by the fire with a hot drink!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (901)
  • Greek first
hampshire
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Fantastic location, hotel very grand, but cottages are luxurious 5star, dog friendly, beautifully furnished and equipped. Self catering at its best with all the facilities of the hotel, now with a brand new spa and leisure complex. Been holidaying at the Headland for the past 30 years and can't wait for our next stay in October. Expensive but you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Sea view cottages are fab, some cottages with inland views have discounts
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for your most positive review of our lovely hotel. You must have seen some changes since your first visit 30 years ago! We are still growing and we always look forward to welcoming back our regular visitors along with new guests. Our Cottages are something we are particularly proud of and are so popular with couples, families and dogs alike!
Fingers crossed for an “Indian Summer” to be enjoyed on you next visit.
With best wishes from everyone at the Headland.
Farnborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

I went on business. It is quite a challenge actually getting to the hotel. But this is a tribute to the steep precipitous roads in Newquay Town.
The building is quite imposing but the location on the headland and overlooking the famous Fistral Beach takes some beating.
The service from the start was excellent, quite, unhurried and efficient. My kind. The food is probably the bit that sticks out the most. I gorged myself on the fat of the land that is the larder of Cornwall. All of it was absolutely delicious. They even did me a packed lunch each day. Important as due to my food allergy (which they looked after brilliantly), it can be hard work finding anything at lunch I can eat.
The spa in the basement was extremely relaxing. The Cornish Salt Spray sauna was very good as well as the ace whirlpool spas.
The weather was pretty wild while I was there. But then I was on the northern approaches to the Atlantic ocean. I loved it. I always enjoy being by the sea. This and the fresh air and quiet I got contributed to some of the best nights sleep I have ever had away from my home.

There will be return visits due to my work. I know where I want to stay. Absolute no-brainer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Fistral Beach. The view is spectacular.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing a lovely review of the Headland. It’s wonderful to hear that we are your first choice for your future work visits and we will be delighted to welcome you back.
Newquay's one way system leads you around the Town then onto the Hotel; we are always on hand if ever you require directions in the future.
I will be sure to forward your comments on to our staff, they will all be delighted to read such a positive review of the Hotel and its staff alike.
I would like to thank you again for choosing the Hotel and for posting your thoughts. We are hoping for some warmer weather but in the meantime window seats looking over the ocean but close to the fire are always available!
Wirral, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is an interesting independent hotel. The Edwardian architecture is very dramatic and its position right next to Fistral beach on a headland (obv!) is truly stunning.
We paid for a modestly positioned room (with a small, uncomfortable mattress) but if you want to splash out more the rooms at the front of the hotel must have fantastic views.
We ate in the hotel both evenings and service and quality of food was good if rather expensive. Breakfast was acceptable although the request each morning for ground coffee shouldn't have been so difficult to deliver!
Great location, stunning building, good service but rather pricey for the overall experience.

1 Thank Neill B
Firstly I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for sharing your comments on the forum. I was disappointed to hear you were not completely satisfied with the mattress in the room. We do pick our furnishings with comfort in mind and have not had this mentioned before. It would be most beneficial to us if you were to contact us to let us know which room it was you stayed in so we can investigate further. The Coastal view rooms are in a higher price range however, all of our rooms are designed to be as comfortable as the next so I do apologise if you felt the mattress was uncomfortable. We hope to welcome you back in the future and should you find something unsatisfactory with your room, please let us know straight away so we can put it right.
I am not quite clear what the difficulty was with regards to the coffee, but if you would care to write in and elaborate including the dates of your stay we will then be able to look into this matter further.
Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to hearing from you with more information.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We returned to The Headlands again as it is our favourite hotel in Cornwall. We had a beautiful room 108 which looked out to sea and was lovely and bright. Furnished elegantly in china blue. We ate in the Terrace bar this time for a change and had an excellent meal, although a limited choice. We had Sunday lunch in the restaurant which was cooked to perfection and good value compared to evening menu. The staff at The Headlands are ALL friendly, helpful and eager for you to enjoy your stay. We always feel at home when we stay there and I think that is a sign of a good hotel. We enjoyed some wonderful walks straight outside the hotel and am sure we will be back for another stay in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Rooms facing sea or Fistral beach have the best views
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JBtravelmad59
Thank you very much for posting a review and thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff. Customer service and our guests comfort are what we pride ourselves on here at the Headland and it gives us much pleasure to hear you found every staff member so welcoming. We have such a wonderful position here right by the beach, which really does make for a lovely stroll or a long cliff top hike!
It will be our pleasure to welcome you again at the hotel.
Reviewed 17 March 2013

I wish we had a hotel as good as this in our town. Great staff, excellent evening meal, superb views, easy to park, wonderful new swimming pool. My partner Helen & I couldn't fault this amazing place. We will return!

2 Thank garyclark14
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
I am absolutely delighted that you and your wife could not find fault with our magnificent Hotel. It is a place in which we are all proud of and it really does make our day to hear such positive reviews from our guests. It will be our pleasure to see you both again at the Hotel. I am pleased to say that we have many new and exciting plans for the future. With the first being a new spa and gym which open later this year. Next time you visit you can both spend the whole day pampering yourselves - should you wish!
With best wishes, from everyone at the Headland.
Torquay, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Russell Kent, From Torquay

we stayed in the Headland hotel in February 2013 and what a fabulous experience we had, the room was excellent with fantastic views, the staff were absolutely perfect, very friendly and very helpful with our little dog (even looking after her while we sat down to evening meal).
I couldn't fault this stay or the staff, if you are looking for the perfect holiday at a very reasonable price this is the place.
Food was excellent, breakfast especially was superb as we had a full Cornish breakfast with all the trimmings.
Newquay just has it all, wonderful scenery and wonderful people, Just relax and enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: get a front view overlooking the ocean and just listen to the ocean roar, its so relaxing.
5 Thank Russell K
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 15 March 2013
We are delighted to hear you had such a wonderful stay at The Headland recently. It is always our pleasure to look after the dogs whilst the guests enjoy their evening!
Our chef was very pleased to read your comments regarding the breakfast, it is a great way to start the day before taking a long walk along the coastal paths, taking in Newquay’s stunning scenery. It will be our pleasure to welcome you all back to the Hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Tregenna Castle Resort
Great Western Hotel
Great Western Hotel
#12 of 38 in Newquay

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!