The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
  • Breakfast included
Average 3/5
  • Pool
3,908 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantcourtyard roomstorm watchingfistral viewmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesbeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teaamazing locationsteam room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 December 2013

Lovely room, fantastic view ,stunning location, amazing staff all so helpful,
We were shown around before being taken to our room not just sent there, the spa looked so inviting a pity we didnt have time to use it.

Room Tip: sea view is to die for.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review The Headland. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and hopefully if you do come and stay with us again you will be able to book some 'me' time in our wonderful new Spa.

Reviewed 26 December 2013 via mobile

My partner and I came here for a one night stay for a weekend away. The welcome was friendly and polite and the staff were keen to do anything they could to help.

The room was comfortable if a little on the small side however there was a full shower AND bath in the bathroom.

Facilities were very good with access to the pool, jacuzzi, steam room and sauna included in the stay (and chargeable spa treatments available).

Evening meal and breakfast were both good quality and a fairly reasonable price (breakfast was included - evening meal £25 for 2 mains). The choice at breakfast was also good with cooked, cereal, toast, continental and fruit options available.

All in, a pleasant stay and we would definitely consider returning.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for sharing your experience of The Headland following your recent stay with us. I am glad that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our staff and taking the time to post this review, I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 23 December 2013

I have stayed at a few hotels in Cornwall and I'm yet to find a better one.
The location alone sets itself apart from most but add to this the splendour of the hotel and the excellent service, you have the perfect combination for a great getaway.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Headland and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

Long ago we chose this hotel for its location right over the unrivalled wildness of Fistral Beach. Where else do you hear the crashing waves and watch surfers in the moonlight from your bedroom window?
We've been visiting each year for our family outing for at least 10 years, which must speak for itself, but this year deserves special praise for that "wow" factor created by the new spa and the particularly impressive service, together with the excellent standard of cooking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your very positive posting to Trip Advisor. It was an absolute pleasure to once again look after your family for your annual visit to The Headland am delighted that it was a success for all.I look forward to seeing you once again next year, Best wishes Darryl.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

We stayed here for a wedding in Dec 2013. We cannot fault the lovely building in a great location, the military precision of the wedding organisation nor the amazing and child friendly staff. However I have to question the logic of putting us (a family with a 2 year old boy) in a room (109) directly over the dance floor of a Christmas party. The music got progressively louder up until 1AM by which time the boy was wired and didn't get to sleep until 3 AM thus leaving his already exhausted parents completely sleep deprived. Other guests in rooms further from the music didn't hear a thing and got a good nights sleep. I guess it is the nature of the old building but if you are expecting sound insulation forget it as the following morning I was awoken early (having had little sleep) by guests next door loudly vomiting. In short: nice place, room had a comfy bed shame we didn't get much sleep in it.

Room Tip: If there is a party going on (and there probably is as they are well set up for parties) stay away from the function rooms if you want some sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank PVUK

I am sorry to read that your stay was not very successful, with respect to your quality of sleep. I can only apologise at this point; I hope that you had a helpful and satisfactory response from one of duty manager’s at the time.
I suspect that on this rare occasion when there was both a Christmas party and wedding taking place concurrently; our reservations team have allocated a room with the potential of some awareness that there would be entertainment in progress. As an attendee of one of these events; we have made an assumption, wrongly, that you be unlikely to be your room whilst the entertainment was in progress. Clearly we had overlooked that this was a ‘family’ room and therefore the high possibility that you staying with children.
Please do get in contact if at any time you are considering a return stay as I would be delighted to manage this booking personally. Thank you for this feedback which we acted upon,
Glad you enjoyed the wedding and our beautiful building.