“Cottages at the headland hotel”

The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at the Beach 2 holiday cottage part of the headland hotel complex. The stay far exceeded our expectations. The quality of the accommodation was outstanding. Service and facilities were excellent. We would recommend this cottage unreservedly without hesitation. The value for money was outstanding. A bonus of using the cottages is that you have use of all the superb hotel facilities at no extra charge. The superb swimming pool jacuzzi, sauna steam room and outstanding Spa facility as well as the excellent restaurants ..You have just got to try it for yourselves.

Room Tip: The Beach 2 cottage had sea views from all rooms and was close to the hotel for easy access to the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johncase66
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Wow, thank you for such a great recommendation! Our 5-star cottages really are dream homes with fantastic views of the Atlantic. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Headland in the very near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,665)

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Why not pig out at christmas? It would be rude not to. So, let's book afternoon tea at The Headland Hotel.

The welcome was somewhat muted. Could be because the hotel was busy, But having specifically booked an afternoon tea, none of the requests we made to the manager we spoke to on the day of booking were relayed to the staff on the day. So, once that was sorted and a table was laid then festivities could begin.

The location is fab, Atmosphere is great, it feels very victorian apart from the other guests busy ignoring eachother whilst they keep busy on facebook, oh well can't delay the 21st Century forever.

The food was plentiful, Sandwiches (which for us didn't cater for a vegetarian, despite asking beforehand) were delicious and more than enough for two of us. Somewhat let down by the scones and cakes. Both were dry and very crumbly rather than soft and moist. This is Cornwall, Scones should be without fail fantastic. Not sure they were baked on the morning of the day we attended but if they were I would say they'd dried out too much by mid-afternoon.

Lashings of tea and a fabulous view. The service was great and very attentive. The lovely thing is that nothing was rushed. There was no feeling of get them in, get them fed and get them out. Lots of other establishments could learn from that.

Would we do it again? We would. Hopefully, we'll see an improvement in the scones.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CloudStratUK
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Amazing location, Amazing staff, Beautiful new Spa which does get very busy ! We had a fistral room which is re furbished and over looked the beach. The only issue was it was directly above the wedding function room, The music was so booming that we insisted on been moved. In all fairness the hotel without hesitation moved us to a suite. As we were moving people were starting to poke their heads out of their rooms to see what was been done about the noise.
The bistro is quite a pleasant place to eat with unusual fair priced dishes. It was a lot better buy than the main restaurant.
I like dogs although I don't have them. I must say all the time I was there I kept thinking what an issue it would be if you didn't like them or had a phobia about them as they are every where in the
hotel.
Will definitely return but only on a deal. I only tend to like refurbished up to date rooms, When I booked I spent lots of time making sure that I got the room I wanted as lots looked tired on the web site

Room Tip: Check that your room is not above a function room when you book ! If loud disco music will annoy you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Hairyclairey
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Thank you for your comments and constructive feedback, I am glad that you found our staff helpful. When you return I would advise speaking to our reservations team direct to get the perfect room for you.

Reviewed 15 January 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here before years ago but our son has been desperate to stay at The Headland for a long time now. As a surprise for him we booked in 2nd January on the 3 for night offer and what a great time we had. I've always loved this hotel, it doesn't disappoint, the decor, the ambience and most of all the staff, they are all so very friendly. We had a lovely room on the 2nd floor, comfy, pretty and my only regret is that we couldn't stay longer.

I recommend this hotel to anyone, with the fantastic location to boot, you won't regret it.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank CornwallLoverRH

Thank you so much for recommending us and taking the time to write this review, I'm glad that your son's first visit to The Headland was enjoyed by all of the family, our staff will be delighted with your comments. We look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed in one of the cottages in the grounds of the hotel for a weekend when my son and fiancée held their wedding at the Headland Hotel in Dec 13. The arrangements and organisation for the day were second to none; the Staff could not do enough for us. They were friendly, welcoming and always smiling taking time out to chat and make us feel welcome, nothing was too much trouble. The cottage was worth every penny. Plenty of room for my wife and I, my daughter and her partner and my two young granddaughters. Clean, spacious and perfect for families, the cottage had all of the items you could wish for be it for a weekend or longer. The facilities in the hotel were brilliant, my grandchildren made the most of the swimming pool whilst the ladies used the spa. Worthy of a special mention was Sarah, the Porter. She was fantastic and the kids, as did we, loved her. Well done Headlands Hotel. I will be back!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robert D
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

I am glad that you chose to stay in one of our stunning cottages for such a special weekend. As you mentioned our cottages are fully equipped for the perfect weekend away! Sarah was delighted with your kind comments. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your return to The Headland.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had a family get together last weekend, staying 2 nights at the Headland. We were blown away by the how fantastic this hotel has become.

The staff are definitley one of the biggest assets, friendly, helpful and efficient.

The Spa is AMAZING, we were all totally impressed.

Breakfast, one of the best I've had in a hotel (I had 3 courses)!

Dinner in the hotel restaurant was also of a very high standard.

We could not fault our stay and we are all looking forward to the next time we get the opportunity to have another weekend like this. Myself living local to Newquay, I will definitley now think of the Headland of somewhere to pop in to have a coffee and a relax and enjoy watching the Atlantic.

Room Tip: We managed to find a great offer on Travel Zoo but when I called the hotel they actually agreed to h...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

It's always lovely to hear such great comments from guests that live locally. I'm glad that you and your family had a fantastic time! Thanks for your 5* rating, and I look forward to seeing you very soon.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

The staff made our stay fabulous . Stunning views from our room . Nothing was too much trouble . Reception , bar , resturant staff were great . Food very good . Very good value for money we will definitely be returning . Carry on doing what your doing you've got it right!

Room Tip: We have an ocean view room , fabulous .
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cjndh

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay in one of our ocean view rooms, the views really are stunning! Thanks for your great comments and I hope you will think of us when you plan your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
St. Ives Harbour Hotel & Spa

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!