“Lovely Hotel, Perfect Location”

The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and every time the hotel gets better. I last stayed over "Boardmasters" weekend, so Fistral was a hive of activity, The atmosphere was excellent, and the weather was even better (Not for the surfers, as the waves were dreadful) The hotel was very busy, but at no time did it ever seem crowded. The only negative point is that the bar staff took forever to serve the bar, it took so that i ended up buying 2 drinks for everybody, as the waiting time was nearly 20 mins. So besides a lack of bar staff, the hotel was faultless.

Oh, The Eggs benedict was rank, but the waitress changed it as soon as i mentioned it... hence the 4* rating, not 5*

Room Tip: Ask for a rear view as some of the views aren't fantastic, but the views over fistral beach are...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,740)

Reviewed 28 January 2014

After visiting twice for drinks on previous stays in Fistral Beach we were desperate to stay at the Headland; so when the recharger break was offered we couldn't say no! We were not disappointed our ocean view room was comfortable and adequate, the staff were amazing and made us feel important and welcome on arrival. I was very excited to see and use the Spa and with treatments booked was desperate for relaxation; we were not disappointed!
The Spa is amazing, I am a beauty therapist and could not fault anything the Spa is beautiful, the receptionist very knowledgable ( I would be more than happy to steal her), the therapists very attentive, full marks! The swimming pool, hot tub and steam rooms all very tastefully done.
The breakfast every morning was amazing, the dinner available in the restaurant however was limited and meant we did eat out, this does need to be addressed.
We both arrived feeling very stressed out and left two days later relaxed and wanting more, we have booked for March 2014 and really can not wait! Thank you to all the wonderful Nd professional staff at the Headland.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are a must
1  Thank vanessa k
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Thank you for writing this review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and it's great you had chance to use our beautiful Spa. Our staff will be very pleased with your lovely comments. I look forward to seeing you both again in March for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have been fortunate to stay at the Headland Hotel previously and also the fantastic cottages. I took advantage of the "Two Night New Year Recharger" and I was not dissapointed. From the friendly welcome upon arrival ( the effervescent Sarah who cannot do enough for guests) to the staff in the sumptious Spa ( Martina, Rachel & Vicky) who delivered a Spa experience second to none, best massage I have had and I have been fortunate to go to Glenagles and Four Seasons spa's. The staff make this hotel, friendly warm and always professional. A beautiful hotel with old fashioned values when it comes to guests. I cannot recommend enough. Stunning views and well worth a trip to the Cornish Coast...can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Your review really does make a fantastic read, thank you for taking the time to post this. I will ensure that your comments get passed on to our brilliant team, I'm sure they will be delighted with your comments. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a wonderful weekend at the headland we cannot fault the hotel,spa or the attentive staff although it is a bit on the pricey side. The breakfasts were brilliant with plenty of what ever you wished English,continental or from a menu. The only negative is the restaurant we had an evening meal and being a veggie i was very let down by my disappointing main course it was a single potato rostie some spinach and a poached egg, hardly a main a sufficient starter but not a main. I was left hungry out of pocket and very disappointed. I would definitely stay in the hotel again but not have a meal in the main restaurant again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dancross1982
Reviewed 27 January 2014

After popping into the Headland for a coffee last year we promised ourselves a stay in this beautiful hotel, so when we found an excellent deal on their website we booked a ‘Two Night New Year Recharger’ and I am so glad that we did.

From the friendly reservations team, the warm welcome on arrival, the fabulous view from our Ocean View room, the fantastic food both at breakfast & dinner and the incredible new spa with its aromatherapy showers and Cornish sea salt steam room to the every present, ever helpful staff nothing could be faulted.

We arrived stressed and worn out but left two days later feeling on top of the world and raving to friends and colleagues about our wonderful weekend. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a sea view room for the wonderful views
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

What a delightful review from your first stay here at The Headland! I am glad that you had a chance to come and relax here and that you enjoyed your stay. We would be very pleased to welcome you back to the Headland.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

My wife and I have just had 3 nights here and have had a great stay. We have not stayed here for 2 years and the stay again here was great. The staff were very helpful and friendly. We used the leisure area which was excellent a great swimming pool with hot tub, sauna and steam room. Our room was facing Fistral beach and was very clean and tidy and very well decorating. Only a 10 minute walk into Newquay which at this time of year was very quite and not many shops open. Will come back here again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a sea view
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for reviewing The Headland. I am glad that you and your wife enjoyed your stay and had a chance to use our fantastic leisure area, I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

This was our second stay. We went last May for a wedding and were so impressed we decided to go back for my birthday in January. I can't recommend this hotel highly enough - from the beautifully clean, well equipped bedrooms, to the lovely decor, fab food in the terrace, to the scrumptious breakfasts. But most of all the good old fashioned customer service. The staff are lovely and can't do enough for you - nothing is too much trouble. This hotel is fab for couples, families, young and old. Brilliant - this hotel is now a firm favourite an I know we will be returning many more times.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely and quiet, but if you want a view don't choose a courtyard room.
2  Thank Em1968ma

Thank you for your wonderful review, I am glad that you have returned to The Headland after your first delightful visit. Our staff do like to make people feel welcome from the moment they arrive to ensure you enjoy every second of your holiday experience. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!