“Romantic getaway”

The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 31 January 2014

What a beautiful hotel. So grand and full of character! We really enjoyed our night here. The service from the staff was first class. Our room was immaculate with the most comfortable 4 poster bed. The view from our room was wonderful. We used the swimming pool and jacuzzi twice. The best facilities by far! And breakfast was truly delicious with plenty on offer with the added bonus of fantastic views of the sea! Would highly recommend!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank katmaude
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Thank you for your delightful review and for your kind comments regarding our staff – we do pass on all feedback and value the time and trouble you have taken to write this. I look forward to seeing you both again soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Having stayed here or in the cottages many times over the last 7 yrs our last visit was the best as it was a surprise birthday treat. The food was really good, we ate in the main restaurant and in the terrace and both we really good. Breakfast had a large selection and service was very swift. Upgraded our room to a sea view family suite overlooking the atlantic great seeing the storms come in what do you expect it is January!

Used the spa had a really nice treatment all very professional and the spa area decorated lovely.

Really great time with good friends in a lovely hotel - already booked my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

It's always lovely to hear from our regular guests, I am glad that you have had another fantastic stay here at The Headland. I look forward to seeing you and your family on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

we recently visited the headland hotel newquay cornwall after a recommendation from family haveing being told of the victorian 5 star service, a non believer we visited my o my what an experiance if you want a relaxing pamperd time this is the place for you we shall visit again even just for the quiet small reading rooms dotted around the hotel ahhhh peace and quiet.Top london restuarant meals very nice 5 star rooms comfortable beds and the staff cannot help enough a lovely find what a view from most rooms .The porters imformed us with the greatest of pleasure all about the film the witches that was filmed there cant wait to visit again thankyou all

Room Tip: sea view a must but all rooms excellent and quiet
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

What a fantastic review, thank you for your lovely comments. As you said it is a perfect Hotel to visit to relax and unwind, whilst having a stunning coastal view. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel a few times, and every time the hotel gets better. I last stayed over "Boardmasters" weekend, so Fistral was a hive of activity, The atmosphere was excellent, and the weather was even better (Not for the surfers, as the waves were dreadful) The hotel was very busy, but at no time did it ever seem crowded. The only negative point is that the bar staff took forever to serve the bar, it took so that i ended up buying 2 drinks for everybody, as the waiting time was nearly 20 mins. So besides a lack of bar staff, the hotel was faultless.

Oh, The Eggs benedict was rank, but the waitress changed it as soon as i mentioned it... hence the 4* rating, not 5*

Room Tip: Ask for a rear view as some of the views aren't fantastic, but the views over fistral beach are...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 January 2014

After visiting twice for drinks on previous stays in Fistral Beach we were desperate to stay at the Headland; so when the recharger break was offered we couldn't say no! We were not disappointed our ocean view room was comfortable and adequate, the staff were amazing and made us feel important and welcome on arrival. I was very excited to see and use the Spa and with treatments booked was desperate for relaxation; we were not disappointed!
The Spa is amazing, I am a beauty therapist and could not fault anything the Spa is beautiful, the receptionist very knowledgable ( I would be more than happy to steal her), the therapists very attentive, full marks! The swimming pool, hot tub and steam rooms all very tastefully done.
The breakfast every morning was amazing, the dinner available in the restaurant however was limited and meant we did eat out, this does need to be addressed.
We both arrived feeling very stressed out and left two days later relaxed and wanting more, we have booked for March 2014 and really can not wait! Thank you to all the wonderful Nd professional staff at the Headland.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms are a must
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vanessa k

Thank you for writing this review, I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay and it's great you had chance to use our beautiful Spa. Our staff will be very pleased with your lovely comments. I look forward to seeing you both again in March for another relaxing stay.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I have been fortunate to stay at the Headland Hotel previously and also the fantastic cottages. I took advantage of the "Two Night New Year Recharger" and I was not dissapointed. From the friendly welcome upon arrival ( the effervescent Sarah who cannot do enough for guests) to the staff in the sumptious Spa ( Martina, Rachel & Vicky) who delivered a Spa experience second to none, best massage I have had and I have been fortunate to go to Glenagles and Four Seasons spa's. The staff make this hotel, friendly warm and always professional. A beautiful hotel with old fashioned values when it comes to guests. I cannot recommend enough. Stunning views and well worth a trip to the Cornish Coast...can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Your review really does make a fantastic read, thank you for taking the time to post this. I will ensure that your comments get passed on to our brilliant team, I'm sure they will be delighted with your comments. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We had a wonderful weekend at the headland we cannot fault the hotel,spa or the attentive staff although it is a bit on the pricey side. The breakfasts were brilliant with plenty of what ever you wished English,continental or from a menu. The only negative is the restaurant we had an evening meal and being a veggie i was very let down by my disappointing main course it was a single potato rostie some spinach and a poached egg, hardly a main a sufficient starter but not a main. I was left hungry out of pocket and very disappointed. I would definitely stay in the hotel again but not have a meal in the main restaurant again

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dancross1982
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!