“Perfect!!”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Cornwall
“Perfect!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on a deal! When we arrived the initial room we were given was lovely but not what I was expecting. We returned to the reception and spoke with kayleigh who was extremely helpful and went out of her way to show us other rooms. We decided to upgrade to a fistral room for extra £20. The room was beutiful and had the most amazing bathroom with views out to sea!! The room was very clean and not even a speck of dust on skirting board behind curtain so well done housekeeping!! Loved reading about the history so very interesting!! The food was excellent and all of the staff were very polite! The spa area was fab deff worth a visit!! All in all a great stay that I would highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Yvette7
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Thank you for your great review, Kayleigh and our housekeeping team will be delighted with your wonderful comments, I will ensure I pass them on. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
  • Greek first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My husband and I stated here for Valetines weekend 2014 and had a truly wonderful stay. This was our second stay at the Headland and I really want to keep going back. Our room was stunning, with views straight onto the ocean, seating area and huge bathroom and thanks to the stormy weather we could hear the waves crashing outside despite the double glazing. An amazing sound to wake up to! The staff were welcoming and super helpful, they really can't do enough to make your stay special. I find this hotel so relaxing. The breakfast was yummy. There were nice touches like a bottle of bubbly in the room and a little gift on our table at dinner. If you like your hotels traditional and luxurious then I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: We upgraded on arrival, well worth it to get a Best room!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Darryl R, General Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 24 February 2014
I am glad that both yourself and your husband enjoyed a relaxing Valentine's weekend here at The Headland. The Headland is the perfect location for storm watching especially at this time of year. Your review makes a delightful read, thank you for taking the time to post it on TripAdvisor and I look forward to seeing you again soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

A lovely relaxing break again in one of the cottages. All was just as we remembered it. We also had some amazing stormy weather to make the most of our great views.Everything is to a really high standard and so clean. Made very welcome in the hotel and enjoyed a lovely meal in the restaurant and very nice cocktails in the bar! Will definitely return again.

Room Tip: Cottages are amazing, they have thought of everything.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay in our 5* cottages. I agree, the cottages do have amazing views over the Atlantic and are very well equipped. I look forward to seeing you both again soon!
Newquay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

After having a great night last night with freinds and family in The Headland terrace i feel i had to come on here and recommend this place as a great hotel,spa .
The staff were amazing and could'nt do enough for us -even when my freind wanted something that was'nt on the menu-they produced a lovely plate of food for him.
Cant wait to use the spa here also-looks great and the people there were so nice just showing us around:)
Love this place and love to take my family and freinds here whenever they visit.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad that you and your friends have had a lovely time in The Terrace, it is lovely hear that you were looked after well by our staff. I look forward to seeing you again soon, and when you do get a chance please do visit our 'Five Bubble' rated Spa for a range of amazing treatments.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

As a family we have stayed at the Headland many, many times over the last 25 years. As soon as we walk in we relax and feel at home. We have just celebrated my 60th birthday with a wonderful old fashioned afternoon tea party with family and friends. Being the Headland things were not always exactly right, for instance the background music kept slipping, but the warmth and and atmosphere were excellent and the cake actually had the right name on it (for my 50th it said for Richard!). The staff were friendly as always and a special thank you to Kathy who looked after us so well. It is a memory I will treasure. One tip - it was exceptionally windy, and being a special weekend we had booked into the Tower suite for a treat. We spent most of the night wide awake with the noise and in a state of anxiety imaging the roof was going to collapse in on us; the next morning we moved to a room on a lower floor - so do check the weather forecasts first. On Tuesday morning the hotel's hot air balloon was drying in the ball room after returning from a competition in Switzerland - it was fascinating to see it close up. We all love the Headland, I thoroughly recommend it, and am looking to our next visit!

Stayed February 2014
Thank you for returning to The Headland once again! I am so glad that you found our staff friendly and that they helped to make your birthday celebration extra special. I will of course pass on your kind comments to Kathy who I am sure will be delighted. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

I do not often get a chance to stay in a hotel of this quality and i can really appreciate the difference. Luxury throughout, and really good service - welcoming and helpful. It is a really large property and there are plenty of places where you can just sit and relax and look at the magnificent views. My room was really comfortable and clean. I stayed here for three days and enjoyed all of the food and the spa.
Will definitely come again.

Room Tip: Obviously the rooms with sea view are best.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am glad that you have enjoyed your luxurious stay. We are very fortunate to have such fantastic views of the Atlantic from all of our dining / lounge areas as well as many of our rooms. I look forward to your return visit!
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

From the moment you step through the door of this traditional style hotel, you know you're in for an enjoyable stay. The welcome from the friendly staff is second to none.
All parts of the hotel have a comfortable and stylish feel. The restaurant was very well run and the food top class.
The only gripe was that the bathrooms really need updating.
They also made our dog very welcome.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the sea or beach is worth the extra
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Graham G
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you both enjoyed your stay. It's hard to find 4* Hotel's that are dog friendly, so I am sure you appreciated being able to bring your dog with you to The Headland and that you were able to go for coastal walks together. I look forward to seeing you all again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,488 reviews

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!