The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Minerva Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$188
US$183
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$96
The Esplanade Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$140
  • Pool
US$84
US$82
Priceline
Travelodge Newquay Seafront Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$66
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
3,975 results
All reviewsthe cottagesterrace restaurantsamphire restaurantcourtyard roomstorm watchingfistral viewmain restaurantfour poster bedhotel facilitiesbeautiful hoteldog friendly hotelself cateringrelaxation roomstunning viewscream teaamazing locationsteam room
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hubby and I had a really relaxing short break at the Headland a couple of weeks ago. Very friendly helpful staff. Great food (restaurant atmosphere quite hushed/genteel tho - and take care gents if wearing chinos as can prove squeaky on restaurant chairs...!!!), very comfortable rooms, beautifully done spa and cream tea and daffs on arrival a nice touch.

Room Tip: Glad we had a sea view room in the end as weather was great and sunsets stunning and sound of the sea lulling.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DelilahOnOn
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

I am absolutely delighted to read you review about your stay at The Headland. Thank you for taking the time to share it to the world. Despite our amazing location and our product, our staff members are our best assets and I’m most please that you describe them as helpful. I’ll make sure to share your feedback with our team. Hope to see you again at the Headland.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for the second time this weekend. It is a lovely, quality hotel that despite its grand style is incredibly relaxed, you never feel out of place or awkward as can happen at some other luxury hotels.
It's not perfect, some of the staff were obviously new (one waiter bought us someone else's food at both dinner and breakfast! we found it amusing) but all of the staff are friendly and welcoming.
Dinner in the main restaurant was a little disappointing my risotto was very bland and my lemon tart was a pre-made pastry case, which as a cook myself I feel isn't acceptable for the price.
Breakfast however is excellent.
I'd go again in a heartbeat but would probably eat in the terrace restaurant next time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Franrain68

I would like to thank you for your honest feedback. The title says it all: That is what we are. However, you did point out few flaws that I’ll ensure to pass on our Food and Beverage Manager. We have new starters, indeed, however as awarded as Investors in People for 23 consecutive years, we have the mission to train them and challenge them to reach success. Also I can assure you that our training process should not affect our standards of service, therefore I apologise for the situation you had in the Restaurant and thank you for finding it amusing. I look forward seeing you again at The Headland.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Visited with my family and stayed in one of the 2 bedroom cottages which was absolutely perfect. This hotel is ideally located; you have the wonderful Fistral beach right on your doorstep, you have the wonderful views from, and across, both sides of the headland and you are close enough, but not too close, to Newquay town and all the sights, sounds and tastes it has to offer.

The cottage was well appointed, nicely decorated and very clean. The hotel has obviously had some work done recently, not least to the outstanding spa / indoor pool, and is also very comfortable & clean.

The staff at The Headland are always available, always friendly and always helpful, you never find yourself looking for a staff member when you need one. There is a real feel of a 5* hotel about the way you are treated.

The Terrace restaurant is very good offers good food in a good but slightly relaxed atmosphere, the large ballroom offers a comfortable quiet place to sit and take in the views and the new;y refurbished spa is absolutely lovely. There is a well equiped games / play room for the children and also two "snug" rooms at the front. The 9 hole pitch and putt course is a great bonus and is testing enough but fun for the whole family.

One small drawback is that you can get a little too used to the quality and the service, there isn't too much else like it in Newquay!

We will be going back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Christhewino

I am absolutely delighted that you pointed out all the good points of your stay. Thank you very much for sharing your experience at the Headland. I only can agree with everything you said. It brings complete motivation to our staff to have such great review and I can ensure you that it will be shared.

The Armstrong Family and its team are investing actively in the hotel to make this unique venue on top of its category and to ensure that your stay is exceptional every time. I’m looking forward welcoming you again at The Headland. Best regards.

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Our first visit to the Spa facilities was an absolute treat!! We decided on a spa package which included full use of the leisure facilities, delicious lunch and a glass of sparkly on top of our amazing treatments! I felt so relaxed after our morning of pampering driving home was a chore! The only problem is I now have to think of an excuse to visit again very soon! Thank you.

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Kernow_Ali

I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your special day at the Spa. You definitely found the best way to maximise the possibility of what our Spa can offer. I think that the only way to avoid a difficult drive home after such a relaxing time would be to enjoy our hospitality for a couple days. I am looking forward to welcoming you again at the Headland.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

The title says it all. We just keep coming back. It gets better and better. We're in our cottage as I write. It's a place to relax and recharge and let the cobwebs be blown away in luxury. The Headland don't get it right every time but it's a magical place and they get so much more right than they do wrong! The cottage accommodation us stunning, spacious and incredibly cosy. The cliff top walks and runs are idyllic and the scenery breath taking. The terrace restaurant delivers great food with exceptional views and generally very good attentive service (early in the season young inexperienced staff add a touch of erratic attention to detail!) The new spa completes the experience.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Lorraine E
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you have made the Headland Hotel your destination of choice for all of these years. I’d like to personally thank you to keep sharing on Trip Advisor your experience with us as this is crucial for our sustainability and for our constant development. I can assure you that our objective is to reach your entire satisfaction and would hope that anything with which our guests are not entirely satisfied can be remedied as soon as it is brought to our attention. I look forward to welcoming you again at The Headland soon.

Sebastien Neyron, Assistant Manager, Headland Hotel