“Amazing stay!!!”

Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Amazing stay!!!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Just returned from a four night stay in one of their cottages(Mariner 3).Firstly the staff at the hotel were lovely,could not do enough for us and made us feel very welcome.The cottage was not quite ready for us,so they had us wait in one of their very cozy reception rooms with free drinks til it was ready,approx 15 minutes.As we were staying in the cottages,we had full use of the spa area,indoor pool,sauna etc,which I must say were state of the art and spotlessly clean.The cottage was just fabulous,fittings to the highest standard,tastefully decorated throughout,had our own balcony with sea views and a very nice fireplace(gas)but very realistic.Four poster bed with canopy,lovely ensuite,hot water 24/7 and flat screen tv.Ate out in Newquay,as it is a ten minute walk to the town.Lovely coastal walks also.Restaurants were all good,the Red Lion and the Chy were outstanding.Lots of lovely shops(surfers paradise....dude!!!)Highly recommend this place to anybody,for sheer luxury,quality of the whole place and amazing sea views.

Room Tip: Not all the cottages have sea views.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank t_okane
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Only one word could describe your review: Wow! I would like to personally thank you very much for taking the time to share to the world your “amazing stay”. I am delighted that you enjoy it as much as you describe above. The Armstrong Family and their team are investing actively in the Hotel to make this unique venue on top of its category and to ensure that your stay is exceptional every time. I am looking forward to welcoming you again at The Headland. Best wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (889)
  • Greek first
Mansfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

We spent two nights at this gorgeous hotel recently, and had a wonderful time. The staff were very helpful, courteous and professional and always on hand to help without being intrusive. I couldn't recommend this hotel and its stunning location highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I am delighted to read that we reached your expectations in terms of quality of service. Your comment regarding our staff set the bar for our standards (helpful, courteous and professional) that we try passionately to maintain on a daily basis. I’ll make sure to share your feedback with our team. Hope to see you again soon at the Headland.
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We recently stayed in the hotel for a night, then returned last week for a four-night stay in one of the cottages (Tide 3).
We were all blown away by the interior design of the cottage - so much nicer than other places we have been to in Cornwall - and the kitchen was extremely well-equipped.
Terrific to be able to use the hotel facilities - the pool is excellent - and we had really good service in the restaurant. One evening there was a wedding reception in full swing, but we still had excellent service in the lounge for our food.
All the staff were very good, but I must give particular mention to Sarah, in Reception, for being generally lovely, helpful and very friendly. Our pug, Ralph, was also made very welcome by everyone, much to his delight.
Children's events seemed to be very well-organised over the Easter break and our daughter really enjoyed the visit from Newquay Zoo (as did I...).
We've just booked to come back in the summer and none of us can wait.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Londonfamily_7
It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Headland. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am glad that our cottage reached your expectations and that you found the service provided by our staff members excellent. I will certainly ensure that your feedback is passed on to them especially to Sarah our guest host, who is a great asset. We look forward to seeing you again this summer.
Walkern, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

I have never stayed somewhere that has made us all feel so welcome. The staff go above and beyond to help you and the cottage was amazing. I had concerns that it may smell of other dogs being so friendly but this place is spotless! They have taken you and your dog into consideration in every aspect of your stay. Very short walk to a lovely beach and a little further into town but that isn't a bad thing! Try and get to the terrace early and sit with a glass of wine in the sun sheltered for the sun, what more could you want. Will be looking to book our next stay very soon

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank 245JoE
It was most pleasing to read your review and I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is quite interesting that you mentioned that our staff went above and beyond to help you and make your stay enjoyable as it is the expression that we constantly use to encourage and motivate our staff about hospitality and service. Monthly, we reward certain member of staff that practically went the extra mile and we base our criteria on how they go “above and beyond”. Thank you very much again for your great review and we look forward seeing you again at the Headland.
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed in one of the cottages and it was perfect! Already booking to go back. Excellent facilities in the cottage. Very well looked after all through the hotel and grounds. Lovely Spa facilities. Very dog friendly too. Lovely food and fantastic, friendly staff.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and for sharing such a great review. I am delighted that you chose us for your next stay by the beautiful Atlantic Ocean. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Headland.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We were recommended by friends to stay in the delightful cottages attached to this charming hotel.the facilities and friendly welcome were just what we needed and we newfound almost immediately. The cottages lived up to their 5star rating, although the mattress was a bit lumpy!!
Dog friendly, you couldn't fault this superb hotel in terms of location and amenities.
We will certainly come back!

Room Tip: Sea view is imperative
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
You have a very good friend to recommend you the Headland Cottages for a stay by the sea. Thank you for taking the time to share on TripAdvisor your experience. I’m absolutely delighted that our cottages honoured their 5 star rating and that you found your stay relaxing. For your next visit, could please ensure you share with us any concerns you have without delays so we can improve your stay. We will be pleased to help. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Headland.
South East, England
Reviewed 15 April 2014

There isn't a ZERO star option but that is what I would give this dump. As you enter the hotel, you are ignored by reception whilst your dog can slop away at the communal doggy bowl in the entrance hall. Nice way to share a doggy virus.
£185 gets you a dirty, smelly, poxy little room with a stained carpet and a rusty radiator. That was one of the better rooms. Goodness knows what the rest are Ike.The bathroom floor is dirty with what was probably white grouting stained grey in all the obvious places.
Some people are so easily impressed...I cannot for the life of me see how people can sleep in these rooms. We left after my friend started having a dog induced asthma attack and went back to a Brend hotel. What a refuge.
DO. NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY HERE...go somewhere decent. Just for the record. I love all animals, dogs included. I just don't want to spend any time in a hotel where dogs get free rein to go where they like. Perhaps it would make a better kennels?
Having complained to the management I was more or less told to get stuffed. I have had no refund at all despite not being able to stay as my friend has allergies which induced her asthma. The duty manager sat me down, virtually surrounded me with other staff who appeared from nowhere (a well practised scenario I am sure). She then went to 'check out' my story by checking the database to see when a dog was last in our room. It was a month ago, which to her meant that my friend was lying. To me that just proves they don't clean properly. The director could save himself a fortune by cutting down the number of staff that wallow around reception. All you want is a smile or a hello when you arrive...I did t even get that, despite having quite clearly said hello to the receptionist. Even the concierge lady heard me say it! she was clearly embarrassed that I had been ignored and came out from behind to save the situation. At least she was polite and friendly. WARNING: DOGS ARE ALLOWED IN ALL ROOMS AND PUBLIC AREAS. It has taken the director 48 hrs to respond to my complaint. I have had no apology at all and have been redirected to bookings.com to reclaim my money.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
15 Thank Debthereb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,502 reviews

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!