“FABULOUS”

The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 26 April 2014

We have just returned from a wonderful break away with our two teenagers. We stayed in Mariners 2 cottages. They were indeed 5 star they had everything you would need and were spotless. Totally spotless !!
The master bedroom had a four poster bed with canopy and the only fault was that the bed was lumpy .they went to the expense of feather pillows but a cheaper mattress.
The children had a great time. The cottage gave us the space we needed and we thoroughly enjoyed our break. We had fantastic views from the cottage.
We ate at the hotel one eve and sat outside most afternoons for afternoon tea. The service was slow but we just sat back and enjoyed the view.
Would recommend it and will be back !

Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank pattres
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback which allows us to improve our service to our guests move forward and please be assured that your feedback has been discussed with the concern departments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the Headland. You can’t go wrong with Mariners 2, I believe it is one of our best cottages. For your next stay at the Headland, I would strongly recommend that you mention with our reservation team that you had disappointment with the mattress in your cottage; We can then ensure we make things as comfortable for you on your next stay.

Thank you again for your lovely feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back at the Headland Hotel in Newquay.

There are newer reviews for The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed at Headland overnight for a business conferance and dinner/dance.
On arrival at 9.30 our room was ready and we were able to book in before meetings.
The whole Hotel appears to have been recently refurbished to a very high standard, not 'tired' like many other bog hotels of this era. The room was a good sized double with lovely decor and a great view of the sea. Everything was clean and tidy and of a high standard.
The meeting facilities were good and the food excellent.
The main thing that stood out for us was the friendly and helpful attitude of all the young staff, nothing was too much effort and everything was done with a smile.
Our dog was very welcome within the Hotel and grounds. My wife didn't have to attend the stuffy meetings so she was able to enjoy the beaches and coast walks with the dog.
We hope to return.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RossMT

Thank you for your great feedback and also for taking the time to write about your stay. I am absolutely delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Headland. Your comments are a source of inspiration for our staff and our standards of hospitality. I’ll ensure to share your words to the entire team. Also, thank you for mentioning our recent refurbishment, the owners are actively investing time and money in the Hotel along with our team. We look forward to seeing you again at the Headland.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Myself and my girlfriend have just come back from a 2 night stay. We stayed in room 305 which is one of the more expensive rooms but worth it as we had a great view of the sea!
Staff very pleasant and helpful. We had the same staff it seemed when we had our breakfast and dinner the first night and first morning. Dinner was very nice, starter was a little on the small side, so I joked with the waitress ( Luna) and when my main came they gave me a massive portion of lamb which was lovely!!
Breakfast was good quality too, apart from big bowl if scrambled egg for the buffet. If want it scrambled I would order you will get better eggs!
We both used the spa and had treatments the staff at the spa are again very professional but also very friendly and helpful.
Overall a great hotel, a little tired in places but it is a very old building.
Easily walking distance into Newquay town centre
Looking forward to our return

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brett D
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

I’m delighted that you are looking forward to your return as we do also. Thank you for your great review, I’m happy that our team accomplished our mission to make you feel welcome and to make your stay effortless. Thank you for the mention of Luna, she is a great asset to the company, I’ll ensure to pass your comments onto her. I have communicated your comments regarding the scrambled eggs to the our Headchef and our F&B manager.I can assure you that they are made from fresh everyday. We looking forward your next stay at the Headland Hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Together with our friends and children, we enjoyed a fantastic new year at the Headland; joined the owners for the New Year's Day dog walk on the beach. All the staff we're very helpful and welcoming - we will definitely come again - hopefully next new year!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Natalie42

It is a delight to read feedback dating back to a while ago. It brings back good memories. Thank you for taking the time to share your New Year experience on Trip Advisor, what a great way to start a year by being at the one of the best Hotel's and locations in Cornwall. On our side, I could guarantee you that we had equal fun to provide New Year celebrations. However, next time I’ll invite you to come with me for the New Year dip, a refreshing activity in the Atlantic Ocean. Best regards.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I only stayed one night on business but I have to say The Headland Hotel was really nice. Situated in a really nice part of the world, and the views from the hotel grounds are unbelievable.

The rooms are clean, the parking is free and the Wi-Fi was excellent, I didn’t eat evening meal at the hotel as I went out but the breakfast menu was great, and again the view whilst eating my breakfast was amazing.

There is only one downside for me with the Headland Hotel and that’s the dogs… I’m not a dog lover at all and I wouldn’t normally stay anywhere that accepts dogs but to be honest they were no problem, I didn’t get disturbed by them and the rooms showed no signs of dog grubbiness.

Room Tip: 026 was my room. very very quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ALTL1971

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay at The Headland. I appreciate the fact you are not a big fan of dogs. However, being the “friendliest dog friendly hotel” I’m glad that it didn’t spoil your time here. Hopefully you’ll be in position to come visit us again and perhaps for a longer time. Regards.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel on a March madness deal.upon our arrival we received a very wam welcome and we were taken to our room by one of the receptionists who explained everything we needed to know about the hotel.There was a cream tea awaiting for us and a nice comfortable bed and biscuits for our dog. We had a well furnished room overlooking the sea and Fistral Bay.Food in the evening and at breakfast was fabulous.Dog was in his element with lots of coastal walks nearby and the hotel is very dog friendly.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alresfordtwo

Thank you for your great feedback. I’m absolutely delighted that we accomplished our mission and that you enjoyed your stay. We are in a privileged location as we have the south west coast path a few footsteps from the hotel. The weather is gorgeous at the moment, looks like we are going to have a great summer. Hope to see you again at the Headland Hotel in Newquay to enjoy the sunshine with us.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed in a suite for 3 nights over Easter on a dinner, bed and breakfast basis. The room was very comfortable, great views of Fistral Beach and a lovely big bathroom. However, it wasn't as clean as it should have been with scuff marks on the door, a thick layer of dust above the bathroom light and greasy marks on the inside of the windows which were really obvious as the sun set. What really lets the place down is the service in the restaurant which boarders on farcical at times. The food is lovely, but there is no consistency to the service. We ate in there on each of the three nights and each night the service was slow and seemed disorganised. We saw dishes and drinks taken to the wrong tables, long waits in between courses, we waited 20 minutes for water even though there was water waiting on the bar, drinks weren't served together, no one abailable to provide the bill etc etc. There also seemed to be problems in the Terrace bar as we tried to order pre-dinner cocktails one evening only to be told they had no clean cocktail glasses so we would have to wait at least 10 minutes if we wanted a cocktail. Our dinner reservation was 15 minutes away, so we had to pass on the cocktails. We paid almost £300 per night for our deal which is a 5 star price for what was at times 3 star service. We came away a little disappointed, which was a real shame.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank AreWeThereYet73

I would like to personally thank you for your honest feedback which allows us to improve our service to our guests move forward and rest assured that your feedback has been discussed with the entire team. I understand your disappointment regarding a few flaws in the room which I need to reassure you are very rare. I will ensure to pass onto my Housekeeping team who will investigate who supervised the cleaning of this room as we take cleanliness very seriously.

Thank you for taking the time to write about you food and beverage experience. I could assure you that your comments are taken very seriously with our food & beverage management team and that action will be taken so an experience as such is not repeated. Our mission at the Headland should be to make you feel that your journey is effortless thought our outstanding standards of hospitality. I understand that we failed to fulfil this engagement with you and I will be happy if you would like to discuss with me further as I would like to have a conversation with you to allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in our hotel and service.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Carlyon Bay
The Carlyon Bay
#1 of 9 in St Austell
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!