“Not just a hotel...but an experience too.” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay
Ranked #4 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
Poole, United Kingdom
“Not just a hotel...but an experience too.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What a lovely hotel. We've been here 3 times. The last trip we found a deal through secret escapes so we had another excuse to return! Love this place. Beautiful building, opulent restaurant with scrummy food, a lovely spa and well presented rooms. The views from the ocean rooms are ace! There's loads to do here....spa, swimming pool with jacuzzi and saunas, outside pool, tennis courts and a beautiful walk to the headland on the coast. Their cafe offers high tea which is a must too. The hotel is pretty close to the town centre...certainly easily walkable. I'd totally return to The Headland again. It's now our ' usual ' for when we visit Newquay.

• Stayed May 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for returning to The Headland. Your review makes a wonderful read, I am so glad that you have enjoyed another stay here and that you were able to make use of the facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (864)
  • Greek first
Exeter, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Our recent stay at the Headland was as always very enjoyable. The cottages suit us perfectly as we have a dog who loves Cornwall as much as we do and we come well prepared with throws etc. to add to the ones thoughtfully provided by the hotel to protect the furniture and beds. We have recommended the cottages to friends who have also stayed and had a great time. However on our visits we prefer not to self-cater, but to eat in the hotel, as we did on this occasion. On the first night we ate with our family in the Bistro and were a little disappointed with the menu choices, which seem to have changed little from our visit last year - Headland burger etc. and we struggled to find something that appealed to us. The next evening we decided to eat in the restaurant and again we felt that the menu choices were limited. My husband opted for a Steak, which was very enjoyable and I had the vegetarian option. The following night we ate in the Bistro again and we had a delicious soup (tomato and sweet pepper with Cornish yarg) followed by fish and chips. Since coming home we have spoken to friends who stayed at the Headland earlier in the year, and they agreed with our comments and said that they had gone into Newquay to eat on one night of their stay because there was nothing on the menus that particularly excited them. We felt that had we had a longer stay, we would have been inclined to do the same. That is our only small criticism and certainly won't stop us coming back. As always the cottage was superb and the staff excellent (even though there was a wedding at the hotel on the Saturday and everyone was working flat-out).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, I am glad that you have enjoyed another stay in our cottages. Thank you for your honest comments about the Restaurant, I will ensure they are passed on. We do operate a table d’hote dinner menu on a three day rotation and additionally an ALC menu also. I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Have just had a wonderful weekend away at the Headland Hotel. The staff and service are fantastic. Nothing is too much trouble and they are friendly without being too “in your face”. We had a “best” room, which really was outstanding. The bathroom was amazing with a huge walk in shower and the view from the windows was wonderful. The room was extremely comfortable without it being too fussy.

There are not enough superlatives to describe the breakfast – the choice is exceptional with a cereal and fruit area, hot buffet, cold meats, etc, and complemented by a mouth-watering choice from a menu. All extremely tasty.

The Leisure Area is small but very well done. We did not have any treatments but it all looked very modern and clean.

Loved the location right next to Fistral Beach and just far enough away from Newquay town not to be bothered by the numerous hen and stag parties, but close enough if you fancied a stroll down.

We loved it so much, we have already booked our return trip!

1 Thank WilfredJones
Wow, what an excellent review! Thank you for posting onto Trip Advisor, I am so glad that you enjoyed your weekend away. I will pass on all of your feedback onto our teams. I look forward to seeing you on your return trip to The Headland.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Had a great time celebrating my wife's birthday, spent 3 nights last August as part of our
summer holiday so new what to expect.

And the hotel didn't disappoint..... service is brilliant and the kids love the outside pool.

We love the room+food package, great fresh local fish served which my wife's loves.

Cant wait to go again, (already looking for a excuse)

Room Tip: We had a family suite with kids bunks in spare room and great view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor, I am glad that your wife enjoyed her 40th birthday celebrations and that all of your family enjoyed their stay. I look forward to welcoming you all back to The Headland soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

What can i say - we had such a memorable couple of days at the Headland Hotel, we had a complementary upgrade as it was my husbands 40th Birthday room was a amazing with a sea view , breathtaking. We also took our dog with us (a Cavalier King Charles) and the staff were wonderful taking care of her whilst we had breakfast, dinner and used the spa... all free of charge. Breakfast & dinner were first class my husband is vegetarian and he was more than catered for. We had dinner in the restaurant for his birthday and the staff were so lovely making sure he had a wonderful time, food was amazing, well worth every penny.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 213 sea view, lovely :)
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your lovely review, I am glad that your husband enjoyed his 40th birthday here at The Headland. I will ensure your comments are passed onto the Team. I look forward to seeing you again soon!
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is third time we've stayed at the hotel and on this occasion it was just myself and my partner staying in the main hotel. We came for a short 2 night stay to have surf lessons with Dom and Tom at the Surf Sanctuary. (Book these guys if you visit Newquay, they're the best)

We stayed 2 weeks before this visit with the kids for Easter in (Cottage heurs 6) for one week.

The hotel is a little disorganised and the service can be very slow but the hotel has a charm and perfect location for enjoying the beach and walking into Newquay. If you have a large party stay in one of the many cottages on-site; they can accommodate a family of six like mine comfortably.

The newly decorated Spa is much better than the old pool and the newly decorated rooms like the one we stayed in (Room 123) are very nice with some good touches.

Dogs also welcomed at the hotel.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Seb_Neyron, Assistant Manager at The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for honest feedback. I am delighted that you have been able to visit us again this time on a relaxing journey with your other half. I accept grandly the criticism about the service. I do apologise that we didn’t reach your expectations on this matter. I can assure you that we take great proud of our service standards and that should be feel being carry into an effortless journey with us. We are monitoring the service closely and taking actions to reach the best service that could be provide here at The Headland. Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay and we look forward seeing you and your great family again in Newquay.
Worcester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I needed a break and this came up and I was not disappointed. The Sun, Sea and the views were breath taking. I was made welcome and shown to a lovely room.

I have the hot stones massage, which is my fav, brilliant and would recommend the spa and the hotel to any age groups. I am 53.

The only thing that I would say to the hotel regards the out-door pool is to put a card lock, so only paying guest's can use.

Ms M.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

2 Thank Angela R
Dear Ms M,

Thank you very much for your great review. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. There is nothing better than enjoying a spa treatment by the sea. I will ensure to pass on your good words to our entire team especially our spa team. If you are a local, I would like to invite you to follow us on twitter and facebook to get the very best offers of our hotel and the last minute cancellations.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Fistral Beach Hotel and Spa
The Alverton
The Alverton
#1 of 6 in Truro
Legacy Hotel Victoria - Newquay

Been to The Headland Hotel & Spa - Newquay? Share your experiences!