1,164 results
All reviews sea view the mexican restaurant its heyday groupon deal third floor bit dated per day lovely hotel buffet style jacuzzi and sauna would stay again full english leisure facilities town centre a lovely stay short break beaches
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a grand old hotel dating from 1897 with wide corridors, an impressive staircase, plush blue carpeting and lots of old photographs of bygone days. The bright, airy restaurant has a lovely view across the bay. I had a nice room with a bath as well as a shower. The hotel makes a good base for walking the coast path between Padstow and Perranporth with the bus stop for services in both directions less than 100 yards from the door.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Myself and my husband were a party of 8 family members that travelled to Newquay to attend our neices wedding. I booked the hotel on line after consulting with the rest of our party.
We were all delighted with the Hotel. It was very central to everthing all within walkind distance.
The lounge area was very spacious and comfortable.
The dining area was the same overlooking the sea. The breakfasts and the evening meal were outstanding. Our bedrooms were also spacious and comfortable.The hotel also had an indoor swimming
pool which I used before breakfast everymorning.
We would definately use the Hotel again should we need to go back to Newquay.

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel overlooking the sea
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 April 2013

Stayed here for one night due to a family wedding reception held on the premesis. We paid £120.00 for a family room with full english breakfast and it was well worth the money. The bedroom was massive and accomodated all four of us easily in a double and two single beds. The bathroom was also a large size and looked liked it had been recently renovated. Both were spotlessly clean and comfortable

The hotel tries to be very grand and only a couple of things let it down really. The furniture in the bedroom is all mahogoney and is badly scratched and battered and in desperte need of replacing. However, there was plenty of hanging and drawere space. The second down fall was the speed of service for our food both during the wedding reception and breakfast the next day. BUT, when it did arrive, it was very tasty and then portion size was adequate.

Breakfast consisted of pastries and croissants, hot and cold drinks, yoghurts and fruits and the full cooked breakfast. We were quite impressed.

As we were there for just one night, we did not use any other faciliies.

We weere also impressed with how friendly and polite all the staff were too. Well done to them!

Would I stay here again? Yes. Now we have found this hotel, we would go for a smaller and cheaper room when just my wife and I go to Cornwall to visit family nad will stay a bit longer.

Room Tip: If staying overnight, don't go for the expensive sea view rooms. Our town view room had a side sea view anyway and was £40 cheaper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank duncanandali
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Very slow evening meal service 2 & 1/2 hours for meal long wait between courses. We got that fed up of waiting. People want to go out in Newquay not sat around waiting for the next course to arrive. Complaints to hotel manager the reply was we ain't a fast food place. Dead right you ain't been in the travel trade now for 41 year fairly poor service no portage, pigeon crap on window cills. Sort your hotel out.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I got a deal on groupon for a two night stay with continental breakfast for 99 pounds. It was a great deal. We got a beautiful spacious room with a clean bathroom in perfect condition. I loved the old charm. We also had access to the massive balcony overlooking the sea front. It was one of the most charming places I've ever visited. I'm not sure wether I'd be able to afford the full price though. I'm glad we could go with groupon.
The dinner we had there was delicious and the atmosphere of the restaurant spectacular. I am very pleased with the Victorian charm they reinvented there.

Would definitely recommend to people who are looking for this kind of place rather than those who want the standardised nothing-to-see hotels where you just go to sleep. Hotel victoria gives so much more.

About the swimming facilities, changing rooms were freezing cold and everything was a bit older so if you expect a spa in your hotel I'd choose a different one.

Overall very satisfied.