The Atlantic Hotel(Newquay)
US$229
US$207
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$243/night.

Book now, pay at stay
  • Breakfast included
US$151
US$147
Hotels.com
The Pentire Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
US$141
US$128
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$183
US$178
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Newquay Seafront Hotel(Newquay)(Great Value!)
Book now, pay at stay
US$118
Travelodge
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
1,127 results
All reviewssea viewthe mexican restaurantits heydaypool and jacuzzigroupon dealthird floorbit datedlovely hotelbuffet styleleisure facilitiesfull englishlounge areatown centrea lovely stayshort breakbeachescliffs
Reviewed 1 June 2013

We stayed three nights at this hotel. The room was huge, giant bed and comfy sofa and chairs. Very bright room. The big open fireplace would have looked far more welcoming if there was even just a dried flower display in the grate rather than leave it looking so empty

It was lovely to have a room in a hotel that actually had big bright lights in the centre of the ceiling and not just wall and side lights. However, the bed side lamps were a bit too small to allow us to read in bed comfortably.

The blinds in the bathroom were broken, so at night we had to ensure that the bathroom door was closed because the light from the flood lights kept us away, and also the light coming in, in the morning. We had to draw the blinds because it was a ground floor room and the bathroom window faced the front entrance of the hotel

There was an office next to our room and a small corridor with a fire door. Rather annoyingly someone from the office kept their bicycle in the corridor, it was a hazard to us going to and from our room, so I moved it to the only place I could put it, which was in front of the fire doors, not good as this was our only way out of the corridor in an emergency.

We had dinner/bed and breakfast at the hotel, but the menu was the same for the whole week, which I found rather disappointing, particularly as there was only 2 vegetarian choices. We had a bar meal one evening and found it very disappointing.

There was no menus at breakfast and it advertises a selection of meats and rolls at breakfast, but there were no rolls and there was only one selection of cheese and one selection of meat.

Staff were very friendly but on the occasion we had a bar meal, we were not given cutlery or napkins. I asked the barman for them and I was told that I should go to the dining room and request them myself !, I was not impressed with that customer service at all.

The bar in the evening was far too dark, we had to go and sit in the lounge.

None of the staff wore name-badges which I thought was not good for customer relations either.

The biggest thing I feel let down over with this hotel is that it is advertised as 'dog friendly'. Which it is, dogs are allowed in all areas except the restaurant, however, there were no water bowls front or back of the hotel for dogs, it cost us £12.50 per night for the dog, but they never provided any biscuits or a blanket for the dog. They got £12.50 a night (more than the cost of putting him in a kennel) and gave nothing in return.

It is an old hotel, and must have quite a bit of history, but there was nothing in the hotel, often we have stayed in hotels and there is a biography/history of the hotel in the room folder.

There is a Mexican restaurant attached to one side of the hotel and an Irish Bar and Night club at the other side, neither of these premises caused much noise or inconvenience during the evening.

It is also worth noting that you have to pay £10 to park your car in the hotel car park

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I didnt realise what a dump Newquay was, but this was not the fault of the hotel, so I will try not to let the town drag down my review!
Stayed on a 3 night deal booked through Living Social and paid £60 extra for a sea view which was worth the extra even though the window (room 317) is pretty small.
The main issue was that we had the creakiest bed I have ever slept in and it also had a plastic mattress cover. This does not make for a good nights sleep! The mattress, though comfortable made us sweat and therefore turn over more often which made the bed creak. It put any romance right off the agenda! The furniture was also tired and the room not welcoming, though the en-suite was large, plenty of hot water etc. and the room was clean.
Breakfast was good, hot breakfast cooked to order which I prefer. We had one evening meal included which was very good and there is a pretty good wine list. Wifi in the public areas.
I realise how hard it must be for a hotel to fund upgrades to rooms and furniture etc, and its natural that the public areas will come first, but the minimum should be a decent bed to sleep in!
Staff were mostly pleasant though not always as welcoming as they should be. The waiting staff and receptionists could do with some extra training, e.g. not to try to clear the table while we were still eating.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before you purchase a sea view upgrade and test the bed!
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My wife and I spent two nights at this hotel and our experience was pleasant. The staff were very friendly and the hotel has a guest parking lot which you pay £5.00 for per day. Breakfast was very good and even though the menu is very limited and we had to wait for a table for about 10 minutes, the food was very well prepared. Our room was clean and quiet. The hotel itself is located near the beaches with a great view of the sea. There are many eating and entertainment places nearby. If we visited Newquay in the future, we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are queiter.
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a grand old hotel dating from 1897 with wide corridors, an impressive staircase, plush blue carpeting and lots of old photographs of bygone days. The bright, airy restaurant has a lovely view across the bay. I had a nice room with a bath as well as a shower. The hotel makes a good base for walking the coast path between Padstow and Perranporth with the bus stop for services in both directions less than 100 yards from the door.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Myself and my husband were a party of 8 family members that travelled to Newquay to attend our neices wedding. I booked the hotel on line after consulting with the rest of our party.
We were all delighted with the Hotel. It was very central to everthing all within walkind distance.
The lounge area was very spacious and comfortable.
The dining area was the same overlooking the sea. The breakfasts and the evening meal were outstanding. Our bedrooms were also spacious and comfortable.The hotel also had an indoor swimming
pool which I used before breakfast everymorning.
We would definately use the Hotel again should we need to go back to Newquay.

Room Tip: At the back of the hotel overlooking the sea
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family