“Excellent training/conference facilities”

Best Western Hotel Bristol
Ranked #16 of 37 Hotels in Newquay
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I used this hotel for a 2 day training event and couldn't fault the service we all recieved. The rooms we used were excellent and well laid out for our needs with lots of conference resources.
The management and staff could not have been more helpful and always went that extra mile to help.
I've now booked the hotel for a further 3 training events and would recommend this to anyone interested in holding an event there.

1  Thank razzah36

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I booked 6 rooms for 1 night and conference facilities for my company for the next day.
My colleagues were very impressed with the hotel service and the rooms they were provided with had outstounding views, The hotel Staff and Martina in particular were very professional and nothing was too much trouble, we will definately use this hotel again

Reviewed 24 May 2011

I was at Hotel Bristol on a seminar. The staff were universally incredibly helpful, the hotel spotless and the facilities ideal for our needs and all very good value. I would heartily recommend. Nothing was too much trouble and the friendliness and care of the staff made a huge difference to the event. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 May 2011

Hotel looks nice from outside, good location and parking OK. Reception area nothing special but efficiency at desk fine. Big disappointment was room overlooking rear car park and rubbish bin (collected loudly at 6am!). Room was small and outdated, particularly the bathroom (WC broke during stay). Bed uncomfortable with outdated sheets/blanket. Leisure facilities included pool (also in need of tlc), sauna that needed 30 minutes advance warning to warm up and pay £6 per person, changing room also very shabby. Restaurant was fine for breakfast but wouldn't choose for dinner (went to Butchers Bistro close by and that was wonderful).
Overall just an OK experience and below par for Best Western, would be even more disappointed if I paid full price.

Room Tip: Don't use Tesco vouchers!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erinor
BWHB, Manager at Best Western Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2011

Thank you for your comments. I have already responded to the survey you submitted via Best Western which I trust has resolved the issues you raised.

I am concerned that the refuse lorry arrived so early. We have already terminated their contract for other reasons but will ensure that our new collector does not arrive at that time. We would love to give every guest a room with a seaview but at peak times we can only do this for those who have pre-booked a seaview room.
We cannot justify leaving our sauna switched on all the time and do make a charge for those guests who book to use it. One of my colleagues has suggested we offer it free of charge to guests who stay for a number of nights or book dinner and we will look into this further. Another reviewer has also mentioned the absence of duvets and you will be pleased to know that we will be changing to them in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2011

We've just had an excellent five days at this hotel. The welcome was warm and the reception staff were very helpful throughout our stay.

The view from our third-floor window was fascinating - lots of surfers bobbing about at sea, seemingly waiting for The Wave.
The room itself was pretty good - it had everything we could want, including teamaking facilities and hairdryer. The only down side was a double bed instead of a king-sized one and we would have preferred a duvet rather than a sheet and blankets; thus the sleep quality wasn't brilliant.

But the word 'brilliant' would apply to the food and restaurant. There was an excellent choice of dishes and everything we tried was very well-cooked and beautifully presented. Lovely poached eggs and smoked fish for breakfast! The staff were attentive (but not too much so) and we had excellent meals. The lofty ceiling of the restaurant made the room look even more impressive and there was a good view of the sea. The tables were beautifully set and everything was just grand.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
BWHB, Manager at Best Western Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2011

Thank you for comments regarding your stay with us. We are glad you had a great time. We note your comments regarding blankets vs duvets and can report that we will be changing to duvets in the future. We are looking into the optimum time for us to make this change. We also need to advise our regular guests as some may still prefer their bed made with blankets & sheets.

Reviewed 19 November 2010

I stayed here along with some colleagues for a few days - arrived at 11:30 at night after a seven hour drive and the night porter couldn't have been more helpful! He even opened the (now-closed) bar for me to have a beer after my drive. The rooms may be somewhat dated in decor but they are spotless, warm and comfortable. I would love to stay here again, and really recommend it, excellent value for money!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve-In-Cott
Reviewed 3 October 2010

My boyfriend and I decided to go on a surfing trip for a one night stay. After looking at availability I came across this hotel. I thought at £119 for B&B it wasn't bad so I booked it. I had a look on trip advisor and saw some reviews, which kind of made me think I had made a mistake.

Well the reviews couldn't have been further from the truth. We had a fabulous time. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by a very friendly receptionist. Then when trying to find our room the housekeepers were more than helpful.

When we were told our room was on the third floor I was a bit dubious but when I saw it I was amazed. Although it was on the third floor, ours was the only room there. This really made up for having to trek up lots of flights of steps, knowing that no one else was next to us.

I could tell the hotel wasn't used to surfers or young people, as we were the youngest of all the residents. However they were very understanding that we were in Newquay to surf. It was also nice knowing we were the youngest as it meant that there would be no loud drunk groups being rowdy in the bar and disturbing everyone.

The breakfast in the morning was very yummy. They had choices of continental, full English and cereals. All the waiting staff were friendly and helpful.

The only thing I would say negative was that the carpets in the halls needed updating. But compared to everything else, which was more than satisfactory, I can't complain about some old looking carpets.

Overall we had a fantastic time and when we go to Newquay again we are definitely going to be staying at the Hotel Bristol!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple