Best Western Hotel Bristol
US$48
Priceline
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Sands Resort Hotel & Spa(Newquay)
US$114
US$56
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
US$80
PremierInn.com
All reviewssilver serviceturret roomtolcarne beachsea viewtraditional hotelfamily run hotelbit datedthe clifffamily roomthird floorgreat positiondefinitely stay here againwaiting staffswimming poolcooked breakfastfriendly hotelsingle room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 March 2012

We had such a wonderful experience at the Hotel Bristol. A little old fashioned perhaps but such a class act with great service and wonderful food with the menu changing daily. The location could not have been better, so convenient for the town and sitting above Tolcarne Beach, the safest family beach in Newquay apparently. We only stayed for the weekend so we were unable to use all the hotel's facilities but we did manage to use the swimming pool and health spa. If you love Days Inn, Premier etc then this hotel is not for you but if you do appreciate well trained staff and a varied English cuisine then we recommend a stay at the Hotel Bristol.

Room Tip: 241 Was a very spacious room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
BWHB, Managing Director at Best Western Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are glad you had a great time with us and look forward to welcoming again soon. If you subscribe to our mailing list via our website then we can email you details of any special offers.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

One night in room 152 which was spacious, comfortable, clean with a modern bathroom.
Free wi-fi with a good speed in all rooms. Heated indoor swimming pool.
Friendly staff.
Excellent value bar meal and a good quality cooked breakfast in the morning. Sadly no real ale on hand pump, but good bottled ale in the shape of Tribute bitter. Free on site car parking. Many rooms with sea views. Hotel is 5 mins walk from shops, attractions and beach.
I would return if in the area

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The hotel is comfortable enough - as a solo business traveler it catered for my needs adequately however I would agree with some of the other review mentioning it's slightly dated.

Room service menu in the room was quite limited but someone mentioned you could actually order from the restaurant menu too I think?

Breakfast was good although would be even better if it could be from 630am or 7am for the early risers.

It's a rarity to see a hotel with English staff throughout nowadays but service from all hotel staff was excellent.

Rooms need sprucing up a bit, shower only offering a little sprinkle is something which really annoys me!

I wouldn't be in a rush to go back again but that's mainly down to me not liking Newquay!

Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for review. We do start breakfast at 7.15a.m. and found that it is early enough for most guests. Our night porter is always available to serve a continental breakfast much earlier. We will certainly consider moving the time if guests advise us. In the past we have served breakfast earlier for events such as the Royal Cornwall Show.
I am sorry that your shower was disappointing - our maintenance staff have attended to it. I hope you will stay with us again if your work brings you to Newquay.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I went for a murder mystery night and stay on 10th march 2012. Has the most fantastic time. The evening was excellent as was the food, service and stay. Would definitely recommend it and can't wait to do it again.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The only positive things I can say about this hotel are that the staff are pleasant and try to be helpful, the food is acceptable and the location is pleasant.

Everything else about it is poor - despite the relatively high price - and there are too many negatives to list them all in detail. Suffice it to say that the decor is awful throughout and the common areas look as though they haven't been touched for years and could do with a good clean. The bedroom was very dated and the furniture cheap and nasty. The bed and the pillows were extremely uncomfortable and the bathroom spartan, cheaply fitted and unwelcoming.

The whole experience is one that I would not want to repeat.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
BWHB, Managing Director at Best Western Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2012

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. I did try to get more information from you via this site but I have not received anything to date. Not knowing your room number I am unable to comment as fully as I would wish.
We have refurbished the ground floor areas in recent years and tried to enhance the art deco features where possible. We continue to replace beds and upgrade rooms as often as we can.
I am pleased you found the service good and trust you enjoyed exploring Cornwall.