“Excellent experience”

Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Newquay
London UK
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel and found it exceeded my expectations in every way. The shining feature which makes it stand out most is the quality, friendly efficiency and professionalism of the staff, many of whom I understand have been working there for many years. From the charming owners, right through to the restaurant, reception, bar staff and chambermaids, they are a class act. We stayed in room 250, which was a lovely turret room with wonderful sea views, and the room was spacious with plenty of wardrobe and cupboard/drawer space, good lighting, table and easy chairs and fresh flowers. The bed was comfortable and the quality of linens good. The bathroom, although small, had a very good bath and overhead shower - my only slight negative being that we could definitely have done with some shelf space in the bathroom as there was only one tiny glass shelf. We ate in the restaurant on two nights and on both occasions the food and wine were really excellent - and the service efficient, friendly and unobtrusive. On the Sunday evening there was a live pianist playing in the restaurant, creating a lovely ambience. We had one bar lunch and the choice and quality of the light snacks we ordered was impressive. The hotel as lovely fresh flower arrangements throughout the public rooms and a lovely friendly and welcoming feel that is very pleasant. I have stayed in many supposedly 4 and 5 star hotels in this country who would come a poor relation to this excellent establishment - this place does not have any delusions of grandeur; it is just really excellent in an impressively understated way. Add to this it's excellent position, a carpark, and a swimming pool, and I feel it cannot be bettered in the district.

Room Tip: The seaview is spectacular - sunsets are lovely!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank LindaL.-7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Excellent location, view from my room was spectacular , I had the evening meal cream of mushroom soup home made really good, cheese omelette chips and salad, sticky toffee pudding with clotted cream , MMMMMMMMM

The service was really good, I have taken photos of the view and I have shown my husband we will be coming back, the receptionist Christine was very friendly giving lots of information on the area.

Room Tip: 245 sea views, you can lye on your bed as the windows are so low you can look out to sea.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
N.W. England
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed at Hotel Bristol in May 2014 and had a truly wonderful holiday experience. We have travelled extensively round the U.K. and Europe and have to say that The Hotel Bristol is truly one of the best for high-class food, comfort, ambience and staff- friendliness, coupled with professionalism. The wheelchair-friendly room was exactly that (so many state they offer wheelchair accommodation which turns out to be woeful); it was spacious and had a superb sea- view. Hats off to the owners, Mr. & Mrs. Young, and the Team at Hotel Bristol!! We hope to return later in the year.

Zoe & Paul

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I am a Receptionist at another Best Western so I am aware of our very high standards we aim for our guests, and The Best Western Hotel Bristol is certainly following them well. Although a few areas could do with a spruce up, the bedrooms were a good size and well equip with everything needed for my first (of many) trips to Newquay. The bed was the most comfortable nights sleep I've had n a while, with the welcome (and unexpected) addition of a duvet. With the addition to the good sea front location, 5 min walk to the town and Tesco Express literally next door I was very impressed with the hotel in general. Although I opted for room service breakfast, the dining area is simply beautiful and I will no doubt enjoy it on a future visit. The bar and social lounges downstairs that overlook the seafront also looked very appealing. Being a dog friendly hotel also means next time I visit I can bring my beloved pooch. The staff were all very friendly, helpful and professional. They all seemed to enjoy their jobs within the hotel as much as I enjoy mine! Breakfast was delicious and brought to my room within a very short time of ordering, even though I ordered at a busy time. I think its important to give honest reviews for both the general public to choose the right hotel for their needs and for the hotel staff to see how they are doing. Hotel Bristol are doing a great job and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone who asks. My only criticism would be to invest some money with a little spruce up here and there, but other than that I honestly cant fault the place! Had a great weekend break here and I look forward to returning soon :) Many thanks

Room Tip: I was on the third floor which at first sounds daunting, however a lift made life much easier! Mobil...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Our second stay at Hotel Bristol was just as nice as the first last year. Always a lovely warm greeting both on the phone when booking and when there in person. The staff are genuinely lovely and helpful and seem to enjoy working there (none of this 'fake niceness' you sometimes get in places!). It is a family friendly hotel (we have a 4 and 6 year old) and our 2 children were welcomed and enjoyed themselves as we did. The hotel may not be as modern as others but it doesn't need to be in my mind - you have everything you need and more space than many modern hotels, and it is CLEAN! So nice to be in a lovely clean hotel - even under the beds!! Thanks to everyone - we will see you again soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hotel Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our stay at The Hotel Bristol was excellent and the room superb (Room 350). The staff were very professional, well motivated, friendly and cheerful.They certainly added to our enjoyment last weekend. We certainly hope to return there for another stay at sometime in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple